Board Issues 4

Angalin

Quote buttons aren't working for me, nor is the post button (I used "more reply options" to post), and the html editor isn't visible. I already tried logging out and clearing cookies etc.

Edit: did it all again (cleared cache, cookies, closed browser) and now it's working.

Edited by Hrafntýr

Hey Ran: Who is the "developer" maintaining/modifying the software and whatnot (provided Invision allows you to modify things). I wonder if it would be helpful to get a service like BugHerd that lets people submit reports and includes a lot of information about their operating environments. As a developer it is super frustrating to see you continually asking people for detailed information and then they either don't know how to obtain it or ignore your requests!

If I ever have an issue I'll be interested to see what it is and figure out what's causing it.

The "use full editor" button is not working for me so I can't change the subtitle on my names column. Anyone know how to fix this?

If this is still happening, can you give some details about the browser/device you're using? I checked it out in a couple of browsers but there are so many possibilities. :)

I am using Windows Internet Explorer 9 on a desktop computer.

Also, the "Post" button isn't working for me. I have to go into "More Reply Options" and use the "Add Reply" button there in order to post.

It, of course, wouldn't duplicate for me. I know in another help thread some people had avatar/button issues that were resolved by clearing the cache entirely - I believe it's control-shift-r, or if you know how to access Internet Explorer's F12 tools there is a "clear cache" menu item.

I did notice a *lot* of warnings in IE9's console about the site and it wouldn't let me load the HTML in the F12 tools, which means that it doesn't like at least one thing on the page. It's certainly possible that while my settings for IE9 still let the page remain functional with those warnings, your settings may not (that is not a bad thing).

Are you stuck using IE9? Other browsers are still secure but a little less picky about the things IE9 seems to be wigging out about.

Hey Ran: Who is the "developer" maintaining/modifying the software and whatnot (provided Invision allows you to modify things).

We don't do any modifications of the board software ourselves, so the development is all IPBs.

I find myself unable to change the size of pictures on the wiki. I can make them bigger, but not smaller. When I change the size to a lower px, the picture no longer shows. This happens every single time.

Are more people having this problem? I asked on the wiki thread, but there was no response..

I've asked around a bit, and it seems others are having these problems as well, not only with making the picture smaller, but also with making them bigger.

Is there any way this problem can be solved? It seems to be occuring with multiple people on multiple browsers..

It, of course, wouldn't duplicate for me. I know in another help thread some people had avatar/button issues that were resolved by clearing the cache entirely - I believe it's control-shift-r, or if you know how to access Internet Explorer's F12 tools there is a "clear cache" menu item.

I did notice a *lot* of warnings in IE9's console about the site and it wouldn't let me load the HTML in the F12 tools, which means that it doesn't like at least one thing on the page. It's certainly possible that while my settings for IE9 still let the page remain functional with those warnings, your settings may not (that is not a bad thing).

Are you stuck using IE9? Other browsers are still secure but a little less picky about the things IE9 seems to be wigging out about.

Well, I cleared the cache and "Full Editor" still didn't work on IE9. However, it does now work on Chrome. So I guess I'll have to use Chrome when I want to post on this site from now on.

I'm trying to upload a portrait of Elia Sand by TheMico (https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10517508_859989290677793_201148606419603315_n.jpg), but I keep getting a "The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver." message on the upload page. At the wiki, Rhaenys suggested my problem might be related to the issues described in this thread.