Small questions v. 10085

Jon Weirgaryen

There is he official app, which is sort of like the wiki, though it is not available anywhere (and when available, it might not work on every type of mobile phone).

Whether Jon is king is still unknown. That depends of whether Robbs will was written with a specific statement that Jon was Robbs heir until his son was born because all of Robbs trueborn brothers/heirs were dead, or whether Jons legitimacy still counts when it us discovered that Rickon is still alive (assuming Bran won't return from beyond the Wall).

In any case, GRRM has stated that with the appropriate authority (think Great Council) someone in the NW. An be released from his vows.

That's the answer I needed, thank you! I wasn't aware that a black brother could be released from his vows.

That's the answer I needed, thank you! I wasn't aware that a black brother could be released from his vows.

Its probably the same situation as Maester Aemon. They would have relieved him of his Maester's vows to take the crown. It would take a Great Council and exceptional circumstances though.

Its probably the same situation as Maester Aemon. They would have relieved him of his Maester's vows to take the crown. It would take a Great Council and exceptional circumstances though.

I forgot about Maester Aemon! :bang:

Can I ask one more time?

1) HelenaAndTheMachine who's the woman in your picture?

2) After watching again the battle of the TV series bewteen Oberyn a Gregor, they show us there that Pycelle is like a herald announcing the duel and doing reference to the Seven Gods. Is the Citadel linked to the Faith of the Seven or are the Maesters with their vows removed from the religion world?

I forgot about Maester Aemon! :bang:

Can I ask one more time?

1) HelenaAndTheMachine who's the woman in your picture?

2) After watching again the battle of the TV series bewteen Oberyn a Gregor, they show us there that Pycelle is like a herald announcing the duel and doing reference to the Seven Gods. Is the Citadel linked to the Faith of the Seven or are the Maesters with their vows removed from the religion world?

1) Florence Welch

2) In the books, the High Septon is the announcer. He was cut from the show. The Maesters and the Faith are separate

From the last SQ thread...

In Davos II in ASoS he mentions the Sea Watch where they were "death to smugglers" during the reign of Aerys II.

It's a very brief passage, but it sounds like they were a formidable force. I can't recall the Sea Watch being mentioned again. Do any of you recall the Sea Watch being mentioned aside from this passage? Why didn't Bob make another one?

If the Sea Watch had continued into Robert's reign Davos wouldn't have had reason to fear it since he was no longer smuggling.

From the last SQ thread...

If the Sea Watch had continued into Robert's reign Davos wouldn't have had reason to fear it since he was no longer smuggling.

Stannis was Master of Ships no? I suppose any Sea Watch stuff would be on him to maintain

Stannis was Master of Ships no? I suppose any Sea Watch stuff would be on him to maintain

When Stannis started off - right after the siege of Storm's End was lifted, there weren't any ships. Stannis had an assault fleet built to take dragonstone, and spent eight months with that task. Then he had another 13 years ... maybe he never got so far as to restore all the former glory.

When Stannis started off - right after the siege of Storm's End was lifted, there weren't any ships. Stannis had an assault fleet built to take dragonstone, and spent eight months with that task. Then he had another 13 years ... maybe he never got so far as to restore all the former glory.

Probably. Its not as though they had a great deal of money to spend on ships

Hi everyone! Does this site have an App? I'm getting addicted to it! :drool:

If you meant an asoiaf app, then RT's got the answer.

If you meant the forum, then there is Tapatalk, a great app where you can read/post anything on here, with great access to one particular page (dunno if you've ever browsed these boards with a phone's navigator, but if you have, you'll know how great that is), and a way to get push notification for the topics of your choice (RumHam, Jon Weirgaryen, Helena, LM or RT will still manage to answer every question on here you'd have the answer to faster than you, tho :( ). You can also add every other BBcode, or whatever it's called, forum in there.

If you're not in the cool kids club with all the PDFs, it's also a pretty decent albeit laborous way to copy/past exact quotes if you have the ebooks.

Oh, yes, and it's free.

(Nope, I don't work for tapatalk!)

I know we've been shown two crown princes without silver-gold hair (baelor and daeron), but has there ever been a Targaryen king who didn't have silver-gold hair in the history of the iron throne?

No, they all had silver hair. The wiki of ice and fire has portraits of the Targaryen kings made by Amok, as per close description of GRRM personally. They are worth a look

For what its worth, there have been more than just those 2 crown princes. I'm thinking of tpatq.

Is Dany ever refered to as Dany by anyone other than herself?

Unless I'm mistaken nobody ever speaks the nickname, it's just used in narration.

The only two POVs that have gotten near her are Barristan and Quentyn, right? I can't see either of them thinking of her as Dany.

For what its worth, there have been more than just those 2 crown princes. I'm thinking of tpatq.

Crown princes, yes. Princes overall, even more.

But the question was about Targaryen kings.

Jacaerys, Lucerys, and Joffrey Velaryon, and Valarr, Baelor, and Daeron the Drunken did not have the typical hair colour. Strong chances that Matarys didn't have silver hair as well, just as Daerons daughter.

Aemma also has a chance of not having had the silver hair.

And the looks of Rhaegel and his children are unknown.

Archived