Dating #14- we can't all be Freddie Mercury

Kelli Fury

I get "hi how are you" messages too (less frequently, I'm sure, since I'm male) and I just ignore them. I don't have much advice beyond "deal with it." It's not difficult to ignore a useless message.

I know I called online dating an "exercise in frustration" earlier but I may cave and give it another go. One problem being that there aren't really many photos of me. I don't take many myself and don't hang around with many people who do. I've scrounged a few up that show me in a few different lights but it's pretty sparse. In particular, I don't really have any photos of me just casually socialsing, goofing off etc. Any thoughts on if what's there'll be workable or should I try and get different ones?

Potential main picture.

Windsurfing action shot.

Another action shot, British Military Fitness compeition final.

I know I called online dating an "exercise in frustration" earlier but I may cave and give it another go. One problem being that there aren't really many photos of me. I don't take many myself and don't hang around with many people who do. I've scrounged a few up that show me in a few different lights but it's pretty sparse. In particular, I don't really have any photos of me just casually socialsing, goofing off etc. Any thoughts on if what's there'll be workable or should I try and get different ones?

Potential main picture.

Windsurfing action shot.

The first one is nice.

The second 2 look like you are advertising as an actor or something.

Then again, I'm a dude so might want to get women's opinions.

Awesome photography work though whoever took those pictures.

Potential main picture.

Windsurfing action shot.

Picture 3 as the main one for sure. You have gorgeous eyes, and you can see them much better in 3 than in 1.

What about like....a picture of me chopping wood with no shirt on.

With a lumberjack beard.

If you are someone who looks like you do a lot of shirtless wood chopping, then I think this approach could do nicely.

If you're looking for picture feedback, OKCupid has something called MyBestFace that you can use to see how your photos compare against other users. Basically your picture gets shown to random people in comparison to another photo and they select the one they prefer. It gives you feedback based on what sort of people liked or didn't like your photo. You don't get huge numbers of comparisons for each picture, but if you're looking for some initial numbers on what people think about your pictures, it's worth a shot. Plus you get a bit of an ego boost if you find that people like your pictures :).

ST

So, I've been using OkCupid and Tinder for about a month now with mixed success. I've gone on WAY more dates than I ever have before, but none of them are interesting in any follow-up (to be fair, I am not either with most). Is it unusual to go on 8-10 first dates and not get a single bite for a second date?

So, I've been using OkCupid and Tinder for about a month now with mixed success. I've gone on WAY more dates than I ever have before, but none of them are interesting in any follow-up (to be fair, I am not either with most). Is it unusual to go on 8-10 first dates and not get a single bite for a second date?

Tinder is basically just a hookup app. If you're looking for dates, you're generally in the wrong place.

Archived