Makeup V: Inspired by a Diva

Fragile Bird

Sweet fancy Moses. You have channeled my dad, Lady N. :D

ETA: There is no way in Hades I would pay 500 bucks for a box of lipstick and nail polish. I did go on Ebay and look for it, though.

I'm so trashy.

I looked on Ebay too. :blush:

Well, we're just looking. We're not going to buy lipstick off of Ebay.

There's no harm in looking. Is there?!? No.

When I think like this, I realize I'm just a few steps away from crazy cat lady/hoarder/flea market territory.

I love, love, love the UD Smoked palette.

You guys and your '20 most fabulous lipsticks' are killing me. I can't even be bothered to wear lipstick 99% of the time. I bought a purple one for a Halloween costume and didn't even wear it. I should go lipstick shopping next week and get some professional advice. I did that once before and was happy with the results but I'm just not fussed enough to wear lipstick on a daily basis anymore. I'm all eyes. :)

A friend of mine sent me some nail polish in a special color she made for me. Its a lovely deep dark sparkly forest green. I rarely wear nail polish because I generally make it all of two hours before it chips and get scrapes but this is such a pretty color I shall enjoy it none the less.

I got the Stila Mind eyeshadow set and some proper brushes and discovered eyeshadow isn't so hard with brushes! Just had a trial run last night, and had it done again today with a relatively subtle look for Christmas. Next up Smokey Eye!

Has anyone tried the new un-shampoo shampoos? The non-lathering ones, which are like shampooing with conditioner?

I just read a New York Times article about the stuff, and may pick up a bottle to try. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/01/fashion/no-shampoo-regimens-replace-the-suds.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1409232722000&bicmet=1419773522000&_r=0

I tried the Wen cleansing conditioner a few years ago. I liked it ok but it took a lot of product to make my hair feel clean and I had to do the process twice each time, otherwise I ended up limp and greasy. I have fine, thinner, wavy hair that was shoulder length and color treated at the time. It was too expensive and I couldn't tell it made enough of a difference to continue. I guess if you used it long enough your hair may adjust. I tried it for about 6 weeks.

I use sulfate free stuff, and have done the co-wash stuff. Shea Moisture makes one I like.

I will say, that unless you have think, coarse hair, the co-rinse method is probably not going to work for you. My hair is extremely dry, coarse, and curly. I shampoo once or twice a week using this method and it works well for me, but thin/fine hair is going to hate it.

I use sulfate free stuff, and have done the co-rinse stuff. Shea Moisture makes one I like.

I will say, that unless you have think, coarse hair, the co-rinse method is probably not going to work for you. My hair is extremely dry, coarse, and curly. I shampoo once or twice a week using this method and it works well for me, but thin/fine hair is going to hate it.

I was gonna say: if I wanted to calm down my crazy coarse enormo hair, I'd use the conditioner method. That said, I kinda like having fucked up weird hair.

I was gonna say: if I wanted to calm down my crazy coarse enormo hair, I'd use the conditioner method. That said, I kinda like having fucked up weird hair.

Same here. On days I know I'm going to wear it smooth, I'll do the co-rinse.

On days I'm going for ginormous crazy hair, I do the sulfate free shampoo. I thought I might do the Brazilian blow out at one point, but I like having enormous hair sometimes. I'm thinking of attempting to bring back the 80's at some point. I know I can count on you for help.

I've been using the same shampoo for 30 years now. I keep wondering when my hair is going to change and I'm going to have to find a new one. But so far so good so I'll keep using it.

I only change my shampoo/conditioner when I either grow or chop my hair. When it's long, I have to use fancy expensive stuff or I have a tangled rat's nest on my head. But when it's short, I use inexpensive products and it looks just fine (for Xray values of "just fine.")

I've been using the same shampoo for 30 years now. I keep wondering when my hair is going to change and I'm going to have to find a new one. But so far so good so I'll keep using it.

Boy oh boy, I couldn't be more opposite. I started to change my shampoo with every bottle years ago. If I use the same shampoo for too long, my hair becomes totally lifeless.

Archived