Casting News from San Diego

Westeros

I understand that, but, they could stretch it out so that they climactic events in the next two seasons covering the main events of the books whilst also having the two dornish/iron stories rumbling underneath with it all coming together in 7, potentially 8. I know they've said 7 seasons is the plan. Then again, George looked at a trilogy 20 years ago. Things change and money talks.

Expand please?

They aren't going to do it. There's no way in hell they'll do it. Not even a 0.0001% probability. You can do it in the books, but it doesn't work like that in the show. The show is chronological, it always has been. They aren't going to have half of the cast skip a season.

If they, say, hold off on the Greyjoy uncles till season 6, this would mean they are changing the timeline, as when they pushed Bran's and Dany's storyline from ADWD forward so they would have things to do in season 4. But I don't know if that could work.

More likely that Feast and Dance will be smashed and condensed into one season. There aren't enough major climactic moments to justify two seasons.

This. They will need climactic beats for every episode and every storyline, and there simply aren't enough there to stretch it much beyond a season. I fully expect them to get near the ends of both books by the end of this season with some obvious changes.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but on the comic-con panel when it was asked that the people who are still alive raise their hands, Rory, did not raise his.

Confirmation that the hound is done? or just a good bluff?

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but on the comic-con panel when it was asked that the people who are still alive raise their hands, Rory, did not raise his.

Confirmation that the hound is done? or just a good bluff?

Did you actually watch the panel? He ducked down under the table. :D

In addition to stuff like telling James Hibbard* he can't tell him anything:

EW’s James Hibbard: You’re here, but a lot of times when Thrones characters get killed off they still come to ComicCon - and you’re like already shaking your head ‘cause you’re already saying ‘I can’t tell you anything.’

Rory McCann: It wasn’t looking good and I can’t tell you anything.

And this interview where he says:

"I still can't believe I'm in it. Or was in it. Or am I in it? I don't know. It's great to be part of this."

ETA: in this one he says he doesn't know when they ask him about "the Hound's undetermined fate". http://www.accesshollywood.com/game-of-thrones-rory-mccann-on-the-hounds-undetermined-fate_video_2275337

*the interviewer who said in his interview with D&D: "I know better than to ask if the Hound is dead..."

Yeah the Hound is coming back. Probably only for one episode in Season 5 (Brienne and Pod will meet him at the monastery).

I don't know if they are keeping the Quiet Isle or substituting it with something else, but I doubt that they're going to have Brienne meeting him. They are not constrained by the POV structure and could show him in any way they want. And she'd probably be somewhere else by that time, I don't see her hanging around Vale the entire next season.

Look on the bright side. The show will definitely not spoil the ending of the books, now that most of the major characters and storylines introduced in AFFC and ADWD are gone.

Just because the journey is different doesn't mean that the ending won't be the same. And it's going to be the same: D&D have spoken about how much they like GRRM's ending.

How can it be the same? There will be no dragon horn, no Aegon, therefore no Dance of the Dragons 2, no Varys plotting, no nothing. Without the Greyjoys, the entirety of the Oldtown storyline basically erased, and we won't be seeing Euron as a major villain. Sam probably won't even be going to Oldtown.

Nell Tiger Free?

Wondered about this one.

I think Callum Wharry was replaced by Dean-Charles Chapman for an older Tommen? Dean-Charles does have acting chops and I notice Wharry has been in nothing but GOT.

Aimee Richardson is only a year older than Nell, who does have a little more acting under her belt.

I notice Richardson has been in nothing since GOT.

(I am not sure IMDb has that right.)

I don't think people care about secondary characters.

How can it be the same? There will be no dragon horn,

We don't know that yet.

no Aegon,

Do you think they are REALLY going to announce a character like Aegon if they cast him? Sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

therefore no Dance of the Dragons 2,

We don't know that, either. We're not even to the first Dance of the Dragons.

no Varys plotting,

Varys plotting is pretty much a given in this show.

Without the Greyjoys,

We don't know this, either.

the entirety of the Oldtown storyline basically erased,

Seriously doubt this, considering Sam has to go SOMEWHERE.

and we won't be seeing Euron as a major villain.

Again, we don't know this.

Sam probably won't even be going to Oldtown.

You must be psychic to make so many pronouncements on things that we can't possibly know yet.

Do you think they are REALLY going to announce a character like Aegon if they cast him? Sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Exactly. I view the casting releases in relation to the show, and watchers of the show. My girl, who has not read the books, was incredibly excited about Doran and the Sand Snakes being cast because of the potential of revenge for Oberyn, and when I told her Areo's significance to Dorne that was also good in her eyes. I didn't want to give her any details about Yezzan or High Sparrow, but she recognized Pryce and was happy he was cast. (Though as a result of his casting I found out that somehow, she's never seen Baron Munchausen. What?!)

The show exposure to the Greyjoys is pretty much Theon and I can't see hearing about more Greyjoys showing up causing cheers.

Lastly, I don't see any of the mummer dragon crew casting as being exciting since there's no precedent. At least, if they announced casting for Vic et al. the last name would be recognized.

"Hey I'm (actor name) and I'm playing Jon Connington, known as Griff."

"Hello! My name is (actor name) and I'm playing Young Griff!"

We'll obviously need to wait and see, though!

EDIT: I forgot my other part - IMDB has the actors for Illyrio and Bowen listed for 2015. I searched the thread but didn't see any mention. Do we know those are certain things in the same way as the actor Jaqen?

Exactly. I view the casting releases in relation to the show, and watchers of the show. My girl, who has not read the books, was incredibly excited about Doran and the Sand Snakes being cast because of the potential of revenge for Oberyn, and when I told her Areo's significance to Dorne that was also good in her eyes. I didn't want to give her any details about Yezzan or High Sparrow, but she recognized Pryce and was happy he was cast. (Though as a result of his casting I found out that somehow, she's never seen Baron Munchausen. What?!)

The show exposure to the Greyjoys is pretty much Theon and I can't see hearing about more Greyjoys showing up causing cheers.

Lastly, I don't see any of the mummer dragon crew casting as being exciting since there's no precedent. At least, if they announced casting for Vic et al. the last name would be recognized.

"Hey I'm (actor name) and I'm playing Jon Connington, known as Griff."

"Hello! My name is (actor name) and I'm playing Young Griff!"

We'll obviously need to wait and see, though!

EDIT: I forgot my other part - IMDB has the actors for Illyrio and Bowen listed for 2015. I searched the thread but didn't see any mention. Do we know those are certain things in the same way as the actor Jaqen?

You don't know how people will react to characters like Euron and Victarion, they have potential to be loved by fans as much as Oberyn, if they cut them it will be a shame, and i don't think that this will happen. I am also worried that Blackfish will not return, and Manderly, the Umbers and others loyal to the Starks will be cut, i hope i'm wrong ...

Archived