Small Questions v 10086

Stubby

If there are Wardens of the East (The Vale), West (Westerlands), North (North) and South (Reach and Stormlands) who is left in charge of the Riverlands army?

Things are so screwed up in the Riverlands just now that I don't think anyone is in charge of the armies. Technically though, as Lord Paramount, I'd assume that LF would be in charge. Prior to the war it would have been Hoster Tully.

If there are Wardens of the East (The Vale), West (Westerlands), North (North) and South (Reach and Stormlands) who is left in charge of the Riverlands army?

In GOT Ned thinks to himself that if Tywin is made warden of the east he will have control of half of Westeros' armies. This implies to me that the 4 wardens are it, and the Riverlands and crownlands are probably split up into those 4 sections.

Damn, I asked this question a lllooonnnnggg time ago and got an answer that I liked, but I can remember what it was....I'll try and find it!

I put my lego man back manually, I had to recrop the image so it might be slightly more zoomed than it was before. Sadly I still can't use the quote button or edit posts for some reason.

I put my lego man back manually, I had to recrop the image so it might be slightly more zoomed than it was before. Sadly I still can't use the quote button or edit posts for some reason.

I had some issues last night and this morning, as weird as it sounds changing my password seems to have things back to normal.

Perhaps you it works when you switch to mobile version for a while?

Yes it does work in the mobile version. at least quoting does.

Edit: editing does too.

Edit: Ran told me to clear my browser catch and that fixed it.

I know someone else on the boards who was having similar problems. With her, I think it was issues with her browser.

It's not so organized as the US's zones of defense or FIFA's continental divisions.

I'll pretend I know what you are talking about and assume it warrants a laugh;

:lol:

It wasn't meant to be funny. FIFA is an international entity that governs international soccer. They have divided the world into zones based on the inhabited continents. And more on point, the US has designated commands that are tasked with defending specific territories. The entire world is divided into these zones.

Where does the Heraldry info on the Citadel come from? On the wiki, the Citadel Heraldry is listed as a semi-canon source, but where do they get their info from? (I'm talking about heraldry not described in the books of course)

Where does the Heraldry info on the Citadel come from? On the wiki, the Citadel Heraldry is listed as a semi-canon source, but where do they get their info from? (I'm talking about heraldry not described in the books of course)

I recall reading that Elio and Linda developed that with the George.

I recall reading that Elio and Linda developed that with the George.

Yeah, especially way back when, Elio would often e mail GRRM and ask him about minor houses' arms, and he'd get descriptions.

A few of those e mails are in the very old SSMs I think.

The concept that in earlier times, people believed the world was flat and immobile (together with people having been smaller than nowadays and generally malnurtured) is a misconception from the Age of Enlightenment (when the latter two were indeed closer to the truth, somehow).

People in the MA knew the earth was spherical and rotating around the sun.

Understanding that the earth rotates around the sun and does so in roundabout 365.25 days can be achieved by watching the night sky throughout the year from a fixed point on earth. Watching sunrise or sunset regularly from the same spot will show when a year has passed. No seasons needed. In fact, around the equator there are no seasons in that sense, even on this planet we type on. Still people from those region knew a year. Have always known. We should spend more time stargazing.

I was about to mention the moon cycles, but decided otherwise. It looks easy peasy at first, but sadly isn't.

eta: when I realise, @Mychel_Redfort said as much 45 minutes earlier...

I always thought using the sun and shadows was easier. The work of Eratosthenes is amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes

Archived