Who is the most tragic character?

Hos the Hostage

That's the point of a tragedy though, a character's downfall and misery being brought upon him due to his tragic flaw.

I think that's more a definition of a tragic hero, but a tragic character can just be someone who has a lot of horrible stuff happen to them. I do agree that RB is tragic (like nearly every other character in the series), but compared to some others (Theon, Elia, anyone named Jeyne apparently) he certainly could have been a lot worse off

True tragedy is usually faced with the death of said character, At the hands of others, usually family members either in revenge or a big loss. I would have to say Catelyn is the most tragic. Her death was brutal, the delivery unexpected.

That's the point of a tragedy though, a character's downfall and misery being brought upon him due to his tragic flaw.

Yes, but there are much more tragic people, he at least died doing what he liked: drinking whoring and hunting ( well maybe not whoring at his death ).

But tragic doesn't need to end with or cause of ones death.

Catelyn. I was devastated by the end of the red wedding scene, she was just so broken. Her husband was dead, her son and most of the people she knew were being murdered in front of her, she thought Arya, Bran, and Rickon were dead, Sansa had just been married to the Imp and was a captive, and she had just murdered someone. She also went insane (Ned loves my hair). It really upset me, and don't get me started on how terrible it is that she had to come back as LS.

Yup. For Cat, it was a personal apocalypse. She had a good marriage, a good home, raised good children, and lived just long enough to see it obliterated.

However, for consistent tragedy throughout their life, I say Tyrion. Behind the facade of witty banter and adventurous spirit is a guy who'd been getting dumped on since his birth, and seen every attempt he's made to justify his existence torn to shreds by his own family.

As well, I would say Arya Stark's had a horrid life since leaving Winterfell - horror and injustice all around her. That she survives it is admirable, but she feels utterly lost. She is No One, the girl with a hole where her heart should be.

Most tragic is when you Always did honestly and For good and it turned tragically back. Jon acted Always For the good and was Always mistreated and stabbed in the back. Arya Jeyne and Tysha of all didn't deserve such an horrible fate

Brienne Too. And Tyrion saved KL For such a reward. Rahegar and Lyanna also were so sadly unlucky

Ah, you might be right. The women that didn't make the cut then :stillsick: I might add anyone that has ever had the misfortune of being a part of Ramsay's games, but these stood out to me

Lets just be efficient and say almost every single woman that has encountered Ramsay probably has a tragic end.

My Answer: Catelyn, Robb, Ned, and Theon in the classical sense.

And the just goddamn depressing sense all of them along with Jeyne Poole, Weasel, and the rest of the Starks and Tullys.

Archived