TTTNE 434 : Sorry ?

N/A

KTI! I forgot to return the hug you gave me before! :grouphug:

Adara: thank you, it looks really useful! :D I'll start from tonight. A lot of the triggers there seem to apply to me.. stress in particular. I was very stressed and depressed before my exams and bam, it kicked in not long after it was over.

'The bear and the maiden fair'... that always reminds me of Jorah and Dany. Hehehehahahahahaha

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: galore for everyone!

.. all black and brown and covered with hair...

The bear, the bear....

Oh, come to the fair, come to the fair!...

Hello, BB! =o)

They're singing

I seem to be making a habit of starting off this musical stuff :idea:

Hello my king :kiss:

And

Lany, LadyO :wub: , Adara, Helena (I need a recap) , HC :grouphug: , Nero & First :leer:

And everyone else :D

I will save until after...things and stuff :ninja:

YAY! Great British Bake Off! :commie:

Adara: thank you, it looks really useful! :D I'll start from tonight. A lot of the triggers there seem to apply to me.. stress in particular. I was very stressed and depressed before my exams and bam, it kicked in not long after it was over.

'The bear and the maiden fair'... that always reminds me of Jorah and Dany. Hehehehahahahahaha

Hello! I don't think we've met :) Welcome

If Jorah and Dany are the Bear and the Maiden Fair... then who are the three boys and the goat? :idea:

From here! To there!

Three boys, a goat and a dancing bear!

They danced and spun, all the way to the fair!

Too much spam to catch up!

Does anybody else have problems seeing inside spoiler tags on mobile? I have several problems with the mobile version, but this is the weirdest one, I cannot open spoiler tags in there. I am on desktop now.

For Helena:

Mad Ship is getting even better! Paragon launched, woohoo! And the story of the ship the serpents took - Draiquius, Ringsgold - was intriguing and full of new info. I suspect the one Malta dreamed of is She Who Remembers, the one in Reyn's underground chamber.

Anyway, I hope I manage to type up this post before post 950. Lots to answer.

Right you are! And those recaps are such fun to read. I can hardly wait to go to a WorldCon. I really look forward to meeting more of you all.

To be honest, the WorldCon might have been a bit too big for my tastes, we just kept waiting one on another and trying to find each other in the great con centre. So I am undecided whether I will be going to any more cons (if I get a chance, that is). I much preferred the informal parts, where we just sat and chatted. So I might be more of an "informal BWB meetup" person than con person.

True but they seem to be the overwhelming majority and they bore me for sounding so similar 'L, a detective in LA is living a regular life until his long-lost cousin turns up murdered on his doorstep. Due to his previous life drug-dealing he is caught in the middle and must prove himself innocent and find the real murderer' riiiiiight. Maybe I'm generalising but I see too many of these where I am

And 50 shades of grey (I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS ABOUT AT THE TIME I SWEAR) put me off romances even though I wouldn't really class it as romance. Forever.

I can read/write/speak English, speak Gujarati and Hindi (the first being my mother tongue since I'm an indian but was raised in England, the second picked up from watching indian dramas ) and I can read arabic since as a muslim I was taught to from a young age but I don't understand a word of it, since I want to work in Dubai as part of my training contract (when I get one) I'll have to learn to understand it

That was kind of my point. Not all literature out there is either fantasy, crime or romance. There is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more. I am not saying you should read it if you do not feel like it, but it is unfair to wave it away like that. ;)

And I do not particularly like detective stories either. I read one book by Agatha Christie and feel no wish to read any more. Romances, sometimes, depending on what you classify as such. Definitely not 50 Shades.

Wow, completely different languages than mine! I am fluent in Slovene, German and English, can get by with Croatian (and the related ones, but cannot tell them apart). I forgot most of my French, so I can just read simple sentences there. In England, I realised to my surprise that I got a bit better in spoken German than English since I have been practising German more with native speakers. But very soon, English came naturally too. Everybody said my English is good.

I am trying very hard to be open minded about GOT (GOT = TV; ASOIAF = book) these days. Still some of the things they do make you shake your head and say, "why? How is this better or more entertaining than what's in the book?"

Errrrr, it is not. It is never better than in the book. ;)

Guys, I think I may be suffering from migraines, not sure. I keep getting headaches, often quite bad and it affects my concentration quite strongly. As I type I can feel vestiges of the migraine.. it's kinda an on-off thing, when they come they last a few days and disappear. Sometimes I just get mild ones but it was really bad earlier.. well I told my mum and she thinks its migraines and she's had them in the past so she would know. My friend has migraines and my headaches sound similar to hers.. although since yesterday I've been feeling nausea too, first I thought it was travel sickness but it still hasn't entirely gone and I'm not sure why I feel like this. What would you guys recommend I do? (besides painkillers, I hate taking pills and besides they never work on me)

:grouphug:

As for me, I'm doing very good. Being on this boarding school has really improved my life and my happiness. People are noticing me and I have a bigger group of friends.

That is lovely to hear!

And we discovered that you are not that far away from me. We might have a chance to meet each other in person. =o)

That would be great.

(Since Buck is not here with her whip)

But there is! :whip:

I'm not sure what my current year is called where you live... but it's the year you go to when you're 16

Third class of high school? ;)

Does anybody else have problems seeing inside spoiler tags on mobile? I have several problems with the mobile version, but this is the weirdest one, I cannot open spoiler tags in there. I am on desktop now.

For Helena:

Mad Ship is getting even better! Paragon launched, woohoo! And the story of the ship the serpents took - Draiquius, Ringsgold - was intriguing and full of new info. I suspect the one Malta dreamed of is She Who Remembers, the one in Reyn's underground chamber.

Very glad you are enjoying it! The serpent attack was great. Maulkin and Sessurea :wub:

Interesting idea :D Spoilers...

but wrong :leaving:

Emoticon slaughter....

Adara: thank you, it looks really useful! I'll start from tonight. A lot of the triggers there seem to apply to me.. stress in particular. I was very stressed and depressed before my exams and bam, it kicked in not long after it was over.

You're welcome! =o)

Agreed, with my new schedule I'm not sure when I'll make it to chat,

Oh, that's bad. =o( Hopefully, you'll make it.

"The Bear and the Maiden fair" used to be my mobile phone's (Pod) ringtone. I replaced it with Woodkid's "Stabat Mater" but I guess I'll soon have "The Bear and the Maiden fair" once again. To the verson by Irish Moutarde.

KTI: Hey, Bucky! =o) Pod lets me open them. And my BB is kinda old.

Anyway, I hope I manage to type up this post before post 950. Lots to answer.

KTI: The spam was strong today. Indeed.

To be honest, the WorldCon might have been a bit too big for my tastes, we just kept waiting one on another and trying to find each other in the great con centre. So I am undecided whether I will be going to any more cons (if I get a chance, that is). I much preferred the informal parts, where we just sat and chatted. So I might be more of an "informal BWB meetup" person than con person.

That was kind of my point. Not all literature out there is either fantasy, crime or romance. There is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more. I am not saying you should read it if you do not feel like it, but it is unfair to wave it away like that. ;)

And I do not particularly like detective stories either. I read one book by Agatha Christie and feel no wish to read any more. Romances, sometimes, depending on what you classify as such. Definitely not 50 Shades.

Wow, completely different languages than mine! I am fluent in Slovene, German and English, can get by with Croatian (and the related ones, but cannot tell them apart). I forgot most of my French, so I can just read simple sentences there. In England, I realised to my surprise that I got a bit better in spoken German than English since I have been practising German more with native speakers. But very soon, English came naturally too. Everybody said my English is good.

<snip>

That would be great.

I'd say you are invited! =o) If you ever happen to be in Germany, hit me up. =o) I'd very much like to meet you in person.

Madames et monsieurs!

Keep calm.

JQC is here :P

I am feeling trolish today...

Mylady JQC! :cheers: How are you?

Cora: it's coming back :( got a few black spots in my vision a few mins back and I can feel it. Also accompanied with nausea :( I'd go to the doctor tomorrow but I want to keep a migraine diary for a few days and try painkillers/changing my diet and lifestyle and see if it helps. Doctors are a last resort for me.

I posted my good thing earlier, I think :P but here it is: I got all the Robin Hobb books up to Fool's Assassin that Helena recommended me and can't wait to read them :D also, one of my favourite curries tonight. About 20 mins, actually.

How are you today?

Crow: Hello, lovely to meet you! How are you? and good question... ah, I'm sure there's plenty of goats and boys to choose from :P

Bucky: I would never have realised that your native language isn't english if you didn't just tell me. Your english is excellent! :3 and that is a fascinating array of languages, I'd love to learn some european languages myself. Beginning with italian.

Trolls? Where?

Also, what does ETA mean o_o

JQC: I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting, hello! :P :grouphug: I like to hug everyone I meet.

I posted my good thing earlier, I think :P but here it is: I got all the Robin Hobb books up to Fool's Assassin that Helena recommended me and can't wait to read them :D also, one of my favourite curries tonight. About 20 mins, actually.

o_O

That should keep you busy for a long time...And it must have cost you a lot :p Did you get hard copies, or did you get e-book editions?

Also, please, please do not read them all at one time :p You will become a manic depressive and sob your heart out for days on end

(Seriously, they are emotionally draining...)

Make sure you read the italicised bits at the start of each chapter too! :)

I also forgot to ask you, have your read GRRM's other aSoIaF stuff? The Dunk and Egg novellas, the Princess and the Queen novella, and the Rogue Prince novella? (Not forgetting, the World of Ice and Fire coming out in October! :D

Also, what does ETA mean o_o

Edit to add

oh shoot, ninja'ed :)

Well, my first day of school wasn't too bad. I just happened to go to the wrong classroom (luckily i had left plenty of extra time) and it turned out I didn't have the correct study book for my course. Supposedly, the online list of required materials had goofed, and messed it up :( oh well, at least it can't get much worse than that... Right?

It's good to see all this lovely spam :)

I hope I'm around for our "Special Event"...

Edit to add

oh shoot, ninja'ed :)

Well, my first day of school wasn't too bad. I just happened to go to the wrong classroom (luckily i had left plenty of extra time) and it turned out I didn't have the correct study book for my course. Supposedly, the online list of required materials had goofed, and messed it up :( oh well, at least it can't get much worse than that... Right?

It's good to see all this lovely spam :)

I hope I'm around for our "Special Event"...

I did that on my very first day of Sixth Form! Sitting in a class, and I knew what the teacher looked like (Her name was Mrs. Ward) and in walks this other teacher...called Miss Moran...So I'm sitting, she calls the register...my name isn't called out....she comes over..."Are you supposed to be in this class?" Me, "Yes, is this psychology?" "Yes, let me check your timetable..." *checks timetable* "Oh, sorry Helena, you are here at the wrong time, your class does not start for two hours..." *dies of embarassment* "I'll just be..." :leaving:

Little anecdote for you there :p

Archived