Dany can Cripple the Slave Trade completely before she leaves Meereen.

Suzanna Stormborn

And that is possible. But, the question is will they be willing to do so.I mean will they actually use it among themselves.

If you are hungry you're going to eat, whatever you are given.

The purpose is to create conditions in which there is no other option than to evolve. There will be some who won't but their way of life will become obsolete.

People: Dany has roughly 450,000 freedmen.

We know Meereen has about as many people as Lannisport according to Ran. Assuming Lannisport has 300,000 people, that means Meereen has 300,000 as well.

Astapor+Yunkai<Meereen, but not by much. So a total of 550,000 people.

If 90% are slaves, 500,000 slaves. If we account for the people who stayed in Astapor and the casualties during the war, that leaves about 450,000 freedmen.

You need thousands of ships to transport this huge population.

...also, assuming these people are heading to Westeros, how will they eat? Westeros just burned up any number of harvests, and is facing famine during the winter.

Why would the former slaves be going to Westeros, most of them were looted out of their homes or whatever, I would think most would try to make their way to their own home.

So yeah definitely some of the former slaves will have to walk the demon road to get out of SB. As long as they take provisions and are in a giant group, I think they will be ok. Meereen still has a ton of food and supplies.

Maybe they can buy some of the Dothraki horses :) And the new circle begins

It does? At any rate, having the supplies is one thing. Transporting them over long distances is quite another. Also, it's one thing to expect a 20 year old to make a long march. It's quite another to expect a 50 year old to do it.

If you are hungry you're going to eat, whatever you are given.

The purpose is to create conditions in which there is no other option than to evolve. There will be some who won't but their way of life will become obsolete.

You hope. I think there is quite a few Dothraki who aren't going to be happy with Dany's intended changes. I think there is probably a good chance of a Dothraki civil war.

Why would the former slaves be going to Westeros, most of them were looted out of their homes or whatever, I would think most would try to make their way to their own home.

Have you ever read a book about Latin American history? IRL, an escaped slave community in Mexico didn't return to Africa even when given the chance. Missandei is the exception because of her age, not the rule.

And again, where are the ships?

Yes!! Spot on! Exactly what has to be done. Not everyone will be happy by any means, some will die of starvation, from the elements, out of sheer stubbornness, but the vast majority will evolve.

So yeah definitely some of the former slaves will have to walk the demon road to get out of SB. As long as they take provisions and are in a giant group, I think they will be ok. Meereen still has a ton of food and supplies.

Maybe they can buy some of the Dothraki horses :) And the new circle begins

Actually, they shouldn't be in a giant groups. They would all die.

You hope. I think there is quite a few Dothraki who aren't going to be happy with Dany's intended changes. I think there is probably a good chance of a Dothraki civil war.

I agree, and if that's what you meant by 'not pretty' then I am right there with you. But lets face it, the Dothraki can be very bad, they have been living a lifestyle that many frown on. ANd some of them will have to pay the price I think.

Why would the former slaves be going to Westeros, most of them were looted out of their homes or whatever, I would think most would try to make their way to their own home

Then why are we contemplating the number of ships they'd need? Would the Braavosi hand over all of their fleet so that 250,000 slaves can return to their homes around the known world?

Also, how many of the slaves came from cities which have slavery? If they came slave cities, will they have homes to get back to?

Oh, I'm sure there will be. However, if the majority follow Dany as I suspect they will also have the advantage of having freedmen as part of Daenerys giant khalasar giving them a great advantage to pursue the renegade khalasars.

I think there is probably a good chance of a Dothraki civil war.

Definitely going to happen. Let's face it, the Dothraki aren't worth that much in battle when compared with a Westerosi soldier, but the sheer number of them would mean an automatic win for Dany if she get's them all. Any hope of building any tension is lost then. Faegon and company would simply die of exhaustion from killing all those screamers.

Then why are we contemplating the number of ships they'd need? Would the Braavosi hand over all of their fleet so that 250,000 slaves can return to their homes around the known world?

Also, how many of the slaves came from cities which have slavery? If they came slave cities, will they have homes to get back to?

I just meant to start getting people away from Slaver's Bay, especially if the 2 bigger cities are burned down. anyone who is left there alone will most likely die, since food and water has been exhausted.

Sure some of them will have to start new lives for sure. But I know that the vast majority will agree it's better than being a slave. I am looking for the quotes, but Dany speaks to several former slaves who speak of the homeland they were taken from fondly. It makes perfect sense that SOME of them would want to return home.

Thinking that slaves will want to return home is rather naïve. These slaves have spouses from different places, as well as children, and many were born in SB.

EDIT; also 300 000 people for Lannisport? I rather doubt it.

?? I would think safety in numbers. What are the actual dangers of the demon road? just thieves and land pirates right?

They'd all starve though. It's hard to supply a large group of people.

?? I would think safety in numbers. What are the actual dangers of the demon road? just thieves and land pirates right?

And diseases. The larger the group, the more deads. This is nearly a Medieval motto.

That's why Medieval armies were NEVER larger than 20-25,000 men. It's easy that a disease spreads and ends up killing half of the army.

Plus, it's impossible to carry enough food and water. They would all starve.

This has already happened in ASOIAF. The whole Meeren stuff is about this, and about how Dany cannot feed the Astapori.

Archived