NFL 2014 Week 2 - They are what we thought they were

Howdyphillip

Bengals lost AJ Green, Vontaze Burfict, Brandon Thompson, Kevin Zeitler and Alex Smith plus Whitworth got injured as well. Add in the fact that we also lost Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert and 23 TDs and over 2300 yards receiving last year is currently injured for the Bengals. Good thing we have electric RBs though!

At least you're deep. And now have two rock solid wins.

Ugh, I feel like we're nearing that point.

At least you're deep. And now have two rock solid wins.

Just saw this stat. Bengals are the 2nd team since 1960 that has not given up a sack or turned the ball over in their first two games. Chargers in 2006 were the other team. Who would have thought that with Andy Dalton as the QB?

Did JJ Watt really catch a TD pass today, or is ESPN's gametracker just fucking up again?

He caught a TD. Can do it all. Seems he was a TE out of high school.

They aren't what we thought they were.

But really, it was a lucky fumble recovery and a single good drive. Not much to base stuff on yet

Also, it's possible the Packers defense is really, really bad.

The Cousins pick now looks like total gold. I know ideally Washington would have loved to have had RGIII be an elite QB and then trade Cousins to recoup what they had to give up to get RGIII. But that's looking like a pipe dream and Cousins may be their long term QB. I'm not rubbing it in as a Cowboys fan because I loved RGIII at Baylor.

If a team gives up a ton of picks to land a QB and he ends up a bust, that team would usually be in the crapper for years. Instead Washington may have a pretty damn good long term replacement already.

Oh and congrats DG on the birth of your son! :)

The Cousins pick now looks like total gold. I know ideally Washington would have loved to have had RGIII be an elite QB and then trade Cousins to recoup what they had to give up to get RGIII. But that's looking like a pipe dream and Cousins may be their long term QB. I'm not rubbing it in as a Cowboys fan because I loved RGIII at Baylor.

If a team gives up a ton of picks to land a QB and he ends up a bust, that team would usually be in the crapper for years. Instead Washington may have a pretty damn good long term replacement already.

Oh and congrats DG on the birth of your son! :)

Man, I hope so. Still not fully sold on Cousins - his career numbers are pretty terrible. But he looked really good, really polished today. It's his third year now, maybe it's starting to click.

You know watching today and seeing all these late round picks dominate (i.e: Cousins, Niles Paul, Ryan Grant, Aldrick Robinson, Keenan Robinson, Brahaud Breeland etc.), it was basically the second team all stars out there. The ultimate irony would be if Washington ended up with more talent than St. Louis post RGIII trade.

Can't wait for Kalbear's weekly dissertation on Russell Wilson's greatness. ;)

Anyways, when Seattle was in 4th and 11, the announcers were celebrating their decision to go for it because 'that's who they are, they're all out. It's what won them a superbowl. They're not just gonna concede this game to San Diego'! :rofl: What!?! Going for it on 4th down with less than 2 minutes with no timeouts is bold? Why? Would most teams just give up with the game within reach like that? Seriously, the amount of Seattle dick sucking around the league is astounding.

Anyways, when Seattle was in 4th and 11, the announcers were celebrating their decision to go for it because 'that's who they are, they're all out. It's what won them a superbowl. They're not just gonna concede this game to San Diego'! :rofl: What!?! Going for it on 4th down with less than 2 minutes with no timeouts is bold? Why? Would most teams just give up with the game within reach like that? Seriously, the amount of Seattle dick sucking around the league is astounding.

A Romeo Crennel coached team would have punted there. It's the percentage play.

Archived