NFL 2014 Week 2 - They are what we thought they were

Howdyphillip

How about that Doomsday Dallas Defense? How in the hell are they doing this? Locker is 4-12 for 26 yards and an int at the half...

And their defensive MVP is...Rolando McClain. His stat line today: 7 tackles, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1PD, 1 int. :eek:

Jeez. How'd they manage to do this? Cleveland started at their own 4.

The wrath of HOYER THE DESTROYER.

Okay, so I did watch the Pats game, though the first quarter tried my patience. That Chandler Jones blocked punt was wonderful. But wow did they look sloppy at times. Three penalties in two plays for Nate Solder. OL play is still going to kill this team.

I think RG3, Carson Palmer, Desean Jackson, AJ Green, Doug Martin, Knowshon Moreno are all out? Plus maybe Jeffrey and Marshall and a bunch others later? IDK, just feels heavy.

Moreno got hurt? Saw he had 1 carry but not sure what happened. Started him in my league but the alternative was Martin.

A few thoughts:

1) There's no way to keep RG3 healthy. It's abundantly clear now. That was a non-contact dislocation of his ankle. Health's a skill and it's one he sadly does not possess. Such a shame for one of the most electric players I've ever seen.

2) I'm waiting for the Cousins truthers to come out of the woodwork now. I will say this was the best I've ever seen him play. His decisiveness based on a more advanced ability to read the defense is clearly better than RG3 at this point. Gruden's proven ability to maximize physically limited passers may be the best thing to ever happen to Cousins. Still need the standard Jacksonville Jaguars disclaimer. Next week against the Eagles should be a better test. Curious how he does.

3) Uh, the Skins had 10 sacks guys. 10! I know it's Jacksonville. But it was such a physical domination, it looked like Ohio State vs. Kent State out there. This is a vastly different defense this year and Jason Hatcher's a big part of it. They'd be pitching two near shutouts if not for the Bacarri-Rambo-Absurdly-Terrible-Pursuit-Angle-Of-The-Day which occurs once a week.

4) Injuries - WTF? We lost RGIII and DeSean Jackson within like a 5 play span. Jordan Reed was already injured in week 1. Bengals lost AJ Green and Vontaze Burfict. Week one hero Allen Hurd suffered a nasty injury on the final play of the game. Dolphins lost Knowshon Moreno. Jamaal Charles just left the game. Carson Palmer, Doug Martin couldn't even suit up. AP may never play again this year for...other reasons. I know injuries are part of the game ever year but I can't recall a season like this. It's only freaking week 2!

ETA: Forgot about Jeffery and Marshall too. Jesus.

4) Injuries - WTF? We lost RGIII and DeSean Jackson within like a 5 play span. Jordan Reed was already injured in week 1. Bengals lost AJ Green and Vontaze Burfict. Week one hero Allen Hurd suffered a nasty injury on the final play of the game. Dolphins lost Knowshon Moreno. Jamaal Charles just left the game. Carson Palmer, Doug Martin couldn't even suit up. AP may never play again this year for...other reasons. I know injuries are part of the game ever year but I can't recall a season like this. It's only freaking week 2!

ETA: Forgot about Jeffery and Marshall too. Jesus.

Bengals lost AJ Green, Vontaze Burfict, Brandon Thompson, Kevin Zeitler and Alex Smith plus Whitworth got injured as well. Add in the fact that we also lost Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert and 23 TDs and over 2300 yards receiving last year is currently injured for the Bengals. Good thing we have electric RBs though!

Bengals lost AJ Green, Vontaze Burfict, Brandon Thompson, Kevin Zeitler and Alex Smith plus Whitworth got injured as well. Add in the fact that we also lost Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert and 23 TDs and over 2300 yards receiving last year is currently injured for the Bengals. Good thing we have electric RBs though!

Looks like Gerald McCoy just got injured too and is ruled out for the game.

Archived