Dating #17 - Your Biceps Make For Awesome Pillows

Littlefingers In The Air

Your outlook is a fair and well balanced one-in my head I know this.However it's one of the rare occasions where I've been honest and open with my thoughts and opinions and as usual I've been ostracised for doing so. I can't really change my perceptions or my enjoyment of their turmoil, at least I know to revert to not being honest about it next time.

That is one way of looking at it.

Usually though one should be honest about their thoughts and opinions. At that point we then examine the feedback we receive about it, when we do so we examine what it means about us and then make changes/don't make changes that are appropriate. This is how we can grow and become better people. It is very easy to hide behind the veil of ostracism.

I bring this up because we are quite capable of changing our perceptions and in developing methods in controlling our indulgences.

Your outlook is a fair and well balanced one-in my head I know this.However it's one of the rare occasions where I've been honest and open with my thoughts and opinions and as usual I've been ostracised for doing so. I can't really change my perceptions or my enjoyment of their turmoil, at least I know to revert to not being honest about it next time.

Sure, that's one plausible response. Another might be, I don't know, "This thing I do is kind of crummy, maybe I should stop"

The take-away point from that is not that you should throw up your hands, declare yourself innately awful and hide your instinctive desire to be a jerk but that you work on just not being a jerk. It is possible.

Finally bit the bullet and asked out Hot Work Dude Who Sits Opposite today*. Turns out he has a gf. :( He was pretty cool about the whole thing though so I don't think I've turned my workplace into a site of abject awkward horror.

*reason I finally did the deed = all my team told me that the flirting was ridiculously obvious and had been for some time, whoops :lol: - thought I'd better get it out in the open if it was turning into a running office joke! :blushing:

Finally bit the bullet and asked out Hot Work Dude Who Sits Opposite today*. Turns out he has a gf. :( He was pretty cool about the whole thing though so I don't think I've turned my workplace into a site of abject awkward horror.

*reason I finally did the deed = all my team told me that the flirting was ridiculously obvious and had been for some time, whoops :lol: - thought I'd better get it out in the open if it was turning into a running office joke! :blushing:

Way to take a risk. There is never any harm in asking and it lets you move on, so you can fantasize about some other Hot Dude Who Will Eventually Cross Your Path.

Yay! for asking him. Boo! for gf. And Guy said the rest better than me.

If she's locking down another time to see you, that's definitely encouraging.

Are you talking about H & 8th on Fridays in midtown? Yeah, you just need a buddy for that, even if she brings a group, it's likely they'll be socializing with everyone there. It's a good time. Check out Big Truck Tacos and the Gumbo truck. There's lots of beer too, although I tend to stay away from the Oklahoma beers because they're too hoppy for my taste.

So things are progressing well with work-friend. She was out from work most of last week visiting family and her new nephew. We went out for dinner and drinks after work Monday and then again yesterday, but yesterday was with a friend of hers and the friend's romantic interest. We all had a great time, and apparently I received good reviews from her friend. We're still focused on taking it slow, but we have a lot of chemistry so sometimes that is a little difficult. But we have such a good time just hanging out that I think even if things don't work out we could still be great friends.

Nope, bleugarten. Food truck court plus open air bar opening this weekend. I hadn't heard of it until she asked if I knew waht it was then extended the invite.

yesterday was the first day we didn't have much contact. I sent her a snapchat early in the day, which she replied to, then texted a little bit later at night. Going to let her initiate contact today, make sure she's not losing interest.

This approach has worked out pretty well for me so far.What's the old saying? "If it isn't broke don't fix it?"

Unless you are an accomplished sociopath, most people can eventually sense it. But at the end of the day, yep, whatever floats your boat. Just own that is what you are going to do, instead of passively accepting this is how things are.

Unless you are an accomplished sociopath, most people can eventually sense it. But at the end of the day, yep, whatever floats your boat. Just own that is what you are going to do, instead of passively accepting this is how things are.

It's pretty easy to maintain a facade.It's just refreshing to be able to do it to a slightly lesser degree sometimes, such as on here.

I'm actually quite fond of this board so far in that people are at least engaging, I respect Terraprimes view for example even though I can't understand the way he feels at all.

I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you hoped they would. At least you were bold enough to take the shot.

Archived