Dating #17 - Your Biceps Make For Awesome Pillows

Littlefingers In The Air

Y'all who are familiar with me know I used to be very pro-religion and that I've shifted to a very anti-religion place in life. The new girl I'm getting to know is a religious gal, though. She attends the church I used to be at every Sunday. O wise board, how does your favorite little finger move forward?

Y'all who are familiar with me know I used to be very pro-religion and that I've shifted to a very anti-religion place in life. The new girl I'm getting to know is a religious gal, though. She attends the church I used to be at every Sunday. O wise board, how does your favorite little finger move forward?

Yanno, I wasn't sure if you were the same littlefinger. Now I know.

As to your question..I have no idea. I seem to avoid religious women by chance. God steers them away from me.

Are you looking for the long-term?

Congratulations, Drac! May the two of you enjoy a long and happy life together. :cheers:

LITA: if she's a member of the church, she will probably want, ask or expect you to rejoin if you want a LTR with her.

Kal, "bang her in the church" may be clear advice, but I'm not sure how useful it is. :P See my comment to LITA.

Thinking on it, banging her in the church may be more useful than you think. If she's game, it means that the church isn't the most important thing in her life and she's not going to be focusing on that as much - and that also means that she's likely to go another way if things suit her. If she's not game, chances are good that the church will always be more important, and you should probably go away from it for now.

I have friends who are married to people who are religious and I have an Aunt and Uncle who one is pretty religious and the other is not. All three couples seem to be pretty happy, but it is really about respecting boundaries. They let the other do their thing and then accommodate the other when certain social situations demand. (Like go to a Christmas Mass or a Baptism). Everyone seems comfortable about it, so if you fine with how she expresses religion in her life and she can be comfortable with your "lack" of expression in your life; it can work.

Aw, I didn't think it the best place. But thanks guys! :D Facebook has gone insane :laugh:

:cheers:

Congratulations! Have fun!

Congrats Drac! :)

Re: LITA

I don't know man. That's so personal.

I can say that I will not be able to date someone who's religious enough to want to go to Church every Sunday. I just won't be able to relate to that person on a level needed for a sustained romantic connection. Casual friends, or friends with beneficts? Yes, no problem. Even short-term dating. But long-term? No. That will be a huge section of his/her life that not only will remain inaccessible to me, which is bad enough but can be worked out, but also something that I actively work against.

I also know that the moment someone asks me to go to Church with them, will be the moment that my romantic feeling for them dies.

But that's just me. YMMV, and I'm sure there are atheists out there dating Christians and having a fulfilling romantic life.

Rational me, says I'm not misreading the situation. Irrational (or maybe next-level rational?) me says who knows what games people are playing, and one persons "flirting" is another person's "friendly." The way I get past my combination of being bad at reading signals plus irrational fear of misreading them, is the fact that I tell myself "if you are misreading the signals and she actually isn't into you at all and is just being pleasant, then who cares because it wasn't going anywhere anyway."

As a rule I always assume a woman who may be flirting with me is just being nice. I don't even want to know how many times I've been wrong about that.

Thinking on it, banging her in the church may be more useful than you think. If she's game, it means that the church isn't the most important thing in her life and she's not going to be focusing on that as much - and that also means that she's likely to go another way if things suit her. If she's not game, chances are good that the church will always be more important, and you should probably go away from it for now.

Huh. What I'm getting from this post is, and correct me if I'm wrong, that there are actually people out there that don't use banging in a church as a dating litmus test? How quaint and adorable is that!?

Eta: sorry for the dp but I didn't want to pollute congratulating Drac with my inane observations.

Congrats Dracarya! :cheers:

On the religion thing, I was raised in a strict Christian household and my mom is still very involved in church. I go with her most Sundays, the church is pretty great about the love and acceptance and helping the less fortunate and very low on judgement. I've dated atheists before with little problem. It's just something we don't talk about. I don't try to convert or condemn them, and they don't berate me for believing. Both parties have to respect those boundaries, and it really depends on the personalities of those involved. I can see how it'd be a problem in a LTR, especially if raising children.

Archived