How would you like Dany to meet Jon?

Shadow Cat 75

Daenerys on Drogon.

Jon on the wall.

Drogon breathes fire onto the wall.

Jon saying "Hey...this shit melts...and it wasn't very easy to build. Damn woman...think before you get your dragon to react!"

"Oh sorry...I've been lied to for so long I actually thought ice didn't melt, you fucking tard."

"I'm so cold, I cannot tell if you're serious or sarcastic."

"Then you should stand closer to the edge."

"There's no misreading that. ...So...that's a dragon...I have a wolf."

"Does it fly and breath fire?"

"Uh...No...but it has red eyes."

"..."

"He's not a normal wolf, he's a direwolf."

"Then why did you say wolf?"

"I...I didn't want to brag."

"...*sigh*...I'm riding a dragon..."

"yeah...you are...I...I didn't know what to say...I...like your dragon..."

"My name is Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of my Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons."

"I'm Jon."

"..."

"um...I'm Jon on the Wall...of Ice. I'm Jon Ice."

Smirking..."I'm Daenerys Fire"

Sam stands up, grins "Jon Ice and Dany Fire, I could sing about that, it should make a nice song".

It continues...

Jon looks at Sam "Bloody Hells Sam, how long have you been here? I thought you were in Oldtown. Where is Maester Aemon? We need to introduce him to his great-great niece."

"I was in Oldtown. But I found a book that..."

"What do you mean great-great niece? I'm the last Targaryen. The last boy who claimed to be a Targaryen was no dragon." Daenerys exclaimed.

"Maester Aemon is..uh...was Aemon Targaryen, brother to Aegon V who took the Black so his brother could be king without contest. My Lady..uh...Your Grace. I, uh he, uh died My La, Your Grace, on our way to Oldtown." explained Sam.

"What book Sam? It's blood cold up here, and the wind coming off those wings don't help. Gods be good woman, can you land that beast already?"

"I don't see a Dragon Landing Zone and this Wall of Ice."

"Oh...and he's a Targaryen." Sam said softly while pointing to Jon.

Jon slowly shook his head then turned to Sam. "SAM! What book?"

"Oh, it was a book your dad read about The Prince that was Promised. It seems that was the book he read that convinced him he must be a warrier."

"Who's a targaryen?" asked Dany.

"Me, apparently. I'm just glad I'm not a bastard now."

"Wait...what? Bastard? Who's your dad?"

"His dad is uh was...is Rhaegar Targaryen, his mother Lyanna Stark."

"Sam...bloody hells, what did the book say?"

"Your father is my brother??"

"Apparently so Your Grace." Jon admitted.

"It said that you...um...The Price that was Promised..." Sam was fighting for the words.

"Wait. If you're my brother's son..."

"Hold on Sam. Danielle..."

"Daenerys!"

"Right. Where the hell have you been? You have a huge dragon...that would have been bloody useful earlier."

"What happened earlier?" ask Daenerys.

"We were attacked by an army of wights."

"What's a wight?" asked Daenerys.

"Dead people that are not dead." explained Jon.

"So...alive then?"

"Not really...they are dead but undead...you had to be here. Anyways, fire kills them...and that beast would have been helpful!"

"I was.."

"Oh...and I killed" Jon said laughing "a dead guy who, I swear it, had nipples on his breast plate! It was the damndest thing!"

"What's wrong with nipples on a breast plate? I don't get it." Dany said, puzzled.

"Really?" Asked Jon.

"Your Grace, uh, Jon is a true born son of your brother, Rhaegar Targaryen. A mysterious crannogman brought Jon a witnessed marriage letter with your brothers seal, unbroken."

"If you are my brother's son, that means you are the true heir to the Iron Throne." Dany admitted, with defeat in her voice.

"I guess that would be the case" Jon admitted, yet the thought was still queer to him.

"Have you told the realm yet?" asked Daenerys.

"Not yet...I've been a little busy with the wights and all...oh and I'm still healing from some nasty stab wounds."

Daenerys thought for a moment. Grinned, leaned forward and said with a stern voice "Dracarys!"

naked and ready to go.

:lmao: That'll make some of these posters on Westeros burn their books.

Am I the only one who isn't sure that these two will connect sexually? Theirs might be one of the few genuine platonic male/female friendships in the books. They can be the Harry and Hermione of Westeros...

This has my vote.

There's so much inflated expectation of them joining forces or (gag me with a spoon) falling in lurve that it'd be hilarious and ballsy of GRRM to write them as opponents. Note that that doesn't necessarily imply that one of them is "good" and one of them is "bad," just that their interests/goals diverge.

Their falling in love would make me gag, too, but at some point Westeros will unite against the wights and the WWs. I can't imagine a situation where Dany refuses to attack wights, or where Jon refuses to accept her help, whatever their history. So if they're opponents, it should be short lived. That's assuming that the WWs are bad guys out to destroy humanity, of course.

Their falling in love would make me gag, too, but at some point Westeros will unite against the wights and the WWs. I can't imagine a situation where Dany refuses to attack wights, or where Jon refuses to accept her help, whatever their history. So if they're opponents, it should be short lived. That's assuming that the WWs are bad guys out to destroy humanity, of course.

This is really the kicker, and there's been enough to suggest that the truth is more complicated.

I've said before that I'm doubtful that GRRM will make it as pat as "all good-ish guys on one side taking down one Big Bad," and I stick to that.

I can also see Jon chafing if Dany shows up and starts trying to run the show, which is why I suggested that Jon's attitude toward Selyse is a good indicator of how he'd view Dany if she turned up and did the mile-long title schtick.

Might depend greatly on the strings attached to Dany's "help".

I can also see Jon chafing if Dany shows up and starts trying to run the show, which is why I suggested that Jon's attitude toward Selyse is a good indicator of how he'd view Dany if she turned up and did the mile-long title schtick.

If somebody just turned up in my taor and tried to give orders, I'd probably punch em in the nose.

ETA:

I think it's interesting you mention Selyse because lately I have been thinking that, at some point, Jon might just tell Stannis and Selyse that he really doesn't need their permission or blessing to make decisions.

No. I think the idea that closeness of age and pleasing outward appearance will automatically yield burning sexual attraction is pretty simplistic.

Not to mention that they are opposites. Jon has learned to like people for what they are on the inside as well as on the outside as shown with Ygritte, and I doubt Dany by the time she meets him will be that appealing to him. Her sense of entitlement will probably have grown bigger, and we know how that is a big turnoff for Jon. If she comes North fighting against the Starks, i think that will be a turn off as well. And who knows how much war will have affected and changed Dany by then to add to that?

ETA:

I think it's interesting you mention Selyse because lately I have been thinking that, at some point, Jon might just tell Stannis and Selyse that he really doesn't need their permission or blessing to make decisions.

For some bizarre reason, people use Val as the parallel for Dany, i.e. Jon will like Dany because he likes Val. Other than the hair-in-the-moonlight thing, I really don't see it and find Selyse to be by far a closer comparison, in that Selyse, like Dany, has a habit of trying to call the shots in places she knows nothing about, and has a terrible read on politics. :P

For some bizarre reason, people use Val as the parallel for Dany, i.e. Jon will like Dany because he likes Val. Other than the hair-in-the-moonlight thing, I really don't see it and find Selyse to be by far a closer comparison, in that Selyse, like Dany, has a habit of trying to call the shots in places she knows nothing about, and has a terrible read on politics. :P

Agree.

I want her fire to melt his ice

His gaze to make her heart skip thrice

Her tongue, like some Tyroshi spice

Weaves along in endless vice

Upon his lips, to and fro

What sweetness does the blue rose bring?
Upon the meadow that it sings?

Can their passion bring forth spring?

Or will it be an ephemeral thing?

That ebbs like the river's flow

If it holds true that love and hate

Can in their opposing natures, mate

Who are we to say nay to fate?

If she chance makes two threads plait

Daenerys and Jon Snow

Should Hymen bring her blessing down

And these two lovebirds wear their crowns

Will the readers smile or frown?

As he drapes a shroud round her gown

The pessimist's greatest woe

And that night, upon their bed

The mount to love, not to dread

Her legs, like a valley spread

Makes way for his pleasuring head

And she'll say "Whoa!"

If this happens, he needs to hire a real "adult" writer to help him out with the scene. I mean, we're talking about Jon "Lord's Kiss" Snow and Dany "Freak Between the Sheets" Targaryen here.

What, you didn't enjoy such amazing writing as "I love your smell, I love your hair, I love your mouth, I love your smile" etc etc etc?

:lmao: That'll make some of these posters on Westeros burn their books.

Am I the only one who isn't sure that these two will connect sexually? Theirs might be one of the few genuine platonic male/female friendships in the books. They can be the Harry and Hermione of Westeros...

If this happens, he needs to hire a real "adult" writer to help him out with the scene. I mean, we're talking about Jon "Lord's Kiss" Snow and Dany "Freak Between the Sheets" Targaryen here.

He (GRRM) might not want to go for that route yet. After all, they both want the same: a family. Something they can call home. Dany dreads the fact she can't have children (she believes this) and Jon realised in Storms that joining the Watch was a rushed idea as he might never have children of his own. Rather than please each other sexually, they will both have finally an "I'm home" kind of feeling.

He (GRRM) might not want to go for that route yet. After all, they both want the same: a family. Something they can call home. Dany dreads the fact she can't have children (she believes this) and Jon realised in Storms that joining the Watch was a rushed idea as he might never have children of his own. Rather than please each other sexually, they will both have finally an "I'm home" kind of feeling.

Well, I am still inexperienced because of some crippling confidence issues, so I may not be the best person to be talking about this. But, AFAIK, nothing says a relationship can't be both wildly sexual and homey.

Well, I am still inexperienced because of some crippling confidence issues, so I may not be the best person to be talking about this. But, AFAIK, nothing says a relationship can't be both wildly sexual and homey.

Definitely.

But we better go for the "homey" route for now.

(I wouldn't mind them to "released the dragon", though...)

If she knows by then he's Rhaegar's son, she'll probably be quite happy and entranced. I'd like them to meet at the Wall planning how to fight, but their ideas clashing. The enemies thing is more cheesy to me than the friends or lovers.

If you are advocating Hate Sex, I'm in.

Jokes aside, I'm more than happy for them interacting as leaders marching towards a similar goal, yet with different visions. Or bitter rivals. To be quite honest, any scenario involving sex would only be fun if we got to see some people's reactions.

Archived