Constantine Season 1 [Spoilers]

Sci-2

What does that spoiler at the end accomplish besides making a mockery of the whole season? He's trying to stir up trouble while also keeping a lid on it and cancelling that trouble out? What? So..... either he's trying to reawaken people's belief with this whole supernatural dog and pony show, or it's all a big elaborate ruse for some other reason.

I haven't read the comics. So there isn't any other context for me other than what the show has given me. And I'm not looking outside of it. Because I don't dig spoilers.

But there better be another season. There has to be a reason. Because darkside Manny is sort of out of the blue.

Any way I really enjoyed this season. A second season has a lot of potential.

What does that spoiler at the end accomplish besides making a mockery of the whole season?

I hope he has a better plan than the Cylons did... but Constantine is always on about him not actually being very helpful. The episode with the fallen angel is particularly interesting in retrospect; we see the two of them talking privately and Manny doesn't give any indication of his true allegiance, though he does seem sympathetic to her line of thinking, and shows an unhealthy interest in pain. And he doesn't kill her; John bottles up her still-beating heart at the end. And more recently, talking Zed out of brain surgery was certainly a matter of some concern.

I hope he has a better plan than the Cylons did... but Constantine is always on about him not actually being very helpful. The episode with the fallen angel is particularly interesting in retrospect; we see the two of them talking privately and Manny doesn't give any indication of his true allegiance, though he does seem sympathetic to her line of thinking, and shows an unhealthy interest in pain. And he doesn't kill her; John bottles up her still-beating heart at the end. And more recently, talking Zed out of brain surgery was certainly a matter of some concern.

Yes, there's always been a little something off about Manny. I really like the turn that this could take things in... if it gets renewed. Does this story track with any of the graphic novels?

It'll be nice to see if there's truth behind the rumor of the show being carried over and sem-rebooted with the same lead over on SyFy. I think they could do a lot more with it on that network, between loosening the reigns on content and a softer ratings expectation.

• 2 months later...

So *sniffle* Constantine is officially cancelled *sob* there is now an effort to find it a new home. But I may have to come to terms with the fact that the Manny cliffhanger may never be resolved.

I just want closure... And also more show.

I enjoyed the show. The Manny twist was odd. God really has a poor handle on his minions. You never see the devil losing control over his minions like that (turning to the other side). Though I suppose Satan's problem is other fallen angels wanting to take over hell. You can't usurp God, but you can usurp the first fallen angel. Which is always the problem with theologically based stories, God can never be beaten no matter what. He made everyone and everything, so he can control the whole shooting match and there's nothing anyone can do. Ultimately the evil machinations of all the evil things end up failing.

You never see the devil losing control over his minions like that (turning to the other side).

Well, the other side is unlikely to accept them even if they wanted to turn! The usual deal with God in these things is that he's unwilling or unable to interfere directly.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived