FIrst Entry You Are going to seek out? TWOIAF Spoilers

Tecnoladave

I will read it from start to finish and try to give each chapter solid attention.

But the section I am most excited about in advance are the Targaryen history, and any info about the North and the Lands beyond the Wall, Land of Always Winter, anything about the giants, Children of the Forest and the Others.

As such I expect the first half of the book will appeal to me the most, but the second half will undoubtedly have many nuggets of information and great art that I will love.

I really want to read about the reign of Jaehaerys I. One of GRRM's more frequently-cited quotes about Tolkien is querying what it means that Aragorn ruled well as King of Gondor; but the actual ASOIAF series has, to date, pretty much been a long list of examples of people failing at the job. Jaehaerys is the guy who got it more right, and for longer, than anyone else. Let's see what that means.

I really want to read about the reign of Jaehaerys I. One of GRRM's more frequently-cited quotes about Tolkien is querying what it means that Aragorn ruled well as King of Gondor; but the actual ASOIAF series has, to date, pretty much been a long list of examples of people failing at the job. Jaehaerys is the guy who got it more right, and for longer, than anyone else. Let's see what that means.

Yes, I am also very interested in him, for those reasons as well as the fact that he lived in those early days when the reign of the Targaryens was really at it's height.

If something in Jaehaerys I's life must be less than perfect, I wouldn't be surprised if it was with some of his children. He seems to have had mostly success as a ruler. I suspect he had less success as a father, at least with some of his children.

From "The Rogue Prince" it seems like Jaehaerys outlived all of his children, possibly excepting Saera, who went to Essos for some reason (and whom he mistook Alicent for). Could be some personal tragedy there (well, obviously, outliving all of your nine children, as well as your wife and siblings, is a pretty heavy thing).

Someone PM me if it disproves any of the following:

Varys is a merman/non-human sharp-toothed creature in disguise

Quaithe is Rhaegar

R+L=J (&M)

Edited to add: Screw it, just PM me all the easily disproven theories and ones given new creedence.

Archived