R+L=J v.111

Salafi Stannis

I'm taking my kids trick-or-treating. I suppose my daughter is somewhat GoT related- she's going as a unicorn XDMy son went the Marvel route and we'll have a Star Lord, as well.I'm sure they'll look just like they go together XD

Her name is Pincess Unicorn and her Horn shall pierce the sky.

I will be going for whatever will be comfortable and allow me to keep up with two wildlings already on a sugar high from a school party. Nothing like giving a herd of preschoolers a boatload of junk on a Friday afternoon, before sending them home to collect more junk!

Her name is Pincess Unicorn and her Horn shall pierce the sky.

:laugh: I love Dwight trying to rationalize that. "Did a king have sex with a unicorn? did a unicorn have sex with some kind of royal horse?"

They are adorable.

If he was expecting a Visenya, though, he probably wasn't very worried about claims and stuff, since according to the first GC women can't sit the Iron Throne, and he could marry her to Aegon anyway.

It does not matter what Rhaegar was expecting, girl or boy. Rhaegar's personality would dictate that they would be true born, and Lyanna's as well. I don't think that Jon will sit the Iron Throne because of his parents, but because of who he is.

It does not matter what Rhaegar was expecting, girl or boy. Rhaegar's personality would dictate that they would be true born, and Lyanna's as well. I don't think that Jon will sit the Iron Throne because of his parents, but because of who he is.

:agree:

A man of honour wouldn't dishonour his beloved by fathering a bastard on her, he would do the right thing and marry her.

How adorable!

100% agree.

I agree with this 100%

Cute kids!!! Happy Hallow's Eve to all, and happy Dia de los Muertos & All Saints Day tomorrow for the rest! :)

Absolutely true. It never made sense to me that he'd honor the girl and risk everything in front of all of Westeros, and then dishonor her in private. Lyanna was definitely his Rhaenys -- I think Rhaegar married Elia because it was his duty, but he married Lyanna because he was in love.

Rhaegar believed his three children would be the three heads of the dragon. While he was political, he was more interested in making sure his children were prepared for the Battle for the Dawn. Either they were prepared and win -- or the world would be doomed. I don't think he cared very much what the septons thought--they did not really have any power at that point any way.

I do not get involved with this thread very often, but I do like to partake from time to time. I don't recall Rhaegar ever saying his children would be the three heads of the dragon or prepared for the battle of the dawn. I am not necessarily calling you out on this, so don't take this as a personal affront. This is never mentioned in the book, and I admit Rhaegar's motives are still unknown. Nevertheless, what is Jon Snow, being a legitimate Targ, in relation to his current circumstance in the North? How does King Jon Snow/Targaryen play into the story plot? The Targs do not own the throne, nor have they since Robert's Rebellion. So how is Jon King of the Westeros any more than Dany or Aegon VI? why???

As far as the septons' and the Seven's thoughts on the matter of the Targs... yes, I think the Targs(and the North for that matter) would not give two scoops of raisins for their thoughts. :cheers:

I do not get involved with this thread very often, but I do like to partake from time to time. I don't recall Rhaegar ever saying his children would be the three heads of the dragon or prepared for the battle of the dawn.

From Dany's HotU scene, as Elia holds baby Aegon. "There must be one more. The dragon must have three heads." By this time he has Rhaenys and Aegon. One more child is needed.

Archived