The Most Useless Trivial Thing you Know

Lany Freelove Cassandra

so. when I first started work, the cost clerk job didnt come with a computer (computers needed a whole room to themselves)

so when you add stuff up it needs to balance down the page, and across the page.

If it doesn't balance, and the difference is a multiple of nine, you have crossed some digits over (like 32 instead of 23)

If the difference is 9, the digits you have crossed are one apart, like 12, 45.

If the difference is a multiple of nine then the digits are that number apart, so difference of 18 would be 13, 24, etc.

now we have computers we dont have to worry, so its interesting, but useless

I still learned this in my accounting course this summer, so not useless :)

Sure, but that's not what the title of the thread asks of us. The relevant part- 'the most useless trivial thing'.

I really don't care if people post multiple things, of course, but you're struggling to follow the instructions there, chief.

The first line assumes a very literal approach. The second line contradicts your first line. Maybe cut a little slack. I found them interesting. The last one made me laugh as it was obviously just something she'd remembered by citing another old date.

The first line assumes a very literal approach. The second line contradicts your first line. Maybe cut a little slack. I found them interesting. The last one made me laugh as it was obviously just something she'd remembered by citing another old date.

Strongly disagree. I think this thread is cruising off the rails, and begs for an iron-souled type like Soylent B to steer us back on track. This isn't some trivial thread.

Camels were originally from America. They migrated to the other continents through the Bering land bridge millions of years ago. Modern llamas and guanacos are from the same family, too.

Black panthers are in fact regular panthers with a melanistic colour variant.

The biggest cat in the Americas is the yaguareté (aka jaguar).

The biggest rodent in the world is the capybara.

In the Amazon river there is a fish that is attracted to urine, and is small enough to slide in the urethra and stick in there. It's name is candirú.

Camels

Ordinarily

SIt

Down

Carefully

Perhaps

Their

Joints

Creak

Plus:oh be a fine girl, kiss me!

Last mnemonic as a bonus..

Barbara Celarent Darii Ferion Baralipton!

What do these stand for? (if it can be told...)

I'm afraid that mnemonic rules never helped me, I ended up forgetting what the rule stood for.

What do these stand for? (if it can be told...)

I'm afraid that mnemonic rules never helped me, I ended up forgetting what the rule stood for.

Cambrian

Ordovician

Silurian

Devonian

Carbonifer

Permian

Triassic

Jurassic

Cretaceous

Stars types: O, B F G K M in order of size

the last is about philosophy ... Are you really interested? I'd like to have some sleep right now... :)

The Hey Diddle Diddle nursery rhyme is about how the constellations move in the sky.

Hey diddle diddle

The cat and the fiddle

The cow jumped over the moon

The little dog laughed to see such fun

And the dish ran away with the spoon

Cat = Leo

Fiddle = Lyra

Cow = Taurus

Little Dog = Canis Minor

Dish = Apollo's cup

Spoon = Big Dipper

Archived