The Most Useless Trivial Thing you Know

Lany Freelove Cassandra

Mrs. Kennedy liked nuts.

Mrs. Lincoln went nuts.

If you put every single person in the world into the space of Texas, USA, each person would have about 1000 square feet to themselves.

The Big Red Machine consisted of: Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan, Dave Concepcion, Peter Rose, Ken Griffey, Caesar Geronimo, and George Foster.

Is that all? There used to be a single cattle station in the North West of Western Australia that was larger than Texas.

Jimi Hendrix's All Along the Watchtower is a cover of Bob Dylan's song. Up until two years ago I thought Hendrix's was the original...I didn't even Dylan's version existed to be honest.

Stephen Fry was the second person in Britain to buy an Apple Mac. Douglas Adams (who co-wrote books with QI creator John Lloyd) was the first. I can't remember if I learned that on QI or not.

No, really? The first two people to buy an Apple Mac were both famous people? Maybe Apple had a special preview opening for famous people only...

Jimi Hendrix's All Along the Watchtower is a cover of Bob Dylan's song. Up until two years ago I thought Hendrix's was the original...I didn't even Dylan's version existed to be honest.

Could be worse. I've met people who insist it's a Dave Matthews tune. :bang:

If we could see as well as dogs can smell, and given that the earth was flat, a person in New York could see as far as California.

Uh? What? I can see things hundreds of light years away every night. My dog can't even smell the moon.

In the great repository between my ears I hold the lyrics to hundreds, if not thousands of outdated songs, among them the theme song to Mr. Ed.

me too, but really really outdated. The more recent ones dating in the seventies.

Among them the theme song "when things were rotten" and "super chicken"

Astronomer Tycho Brahe died of a bladder infection after he held it in during a dinner party. Also he had a silver nose, because he lost his in a duel. I bring this up far too much in conversation, much to the annoyance of my friends.

This is an urban legend. He most likely died of mercury poisoning from his alchemie research.

Uh? What? I can see things hundreds of light years away every night. My dog can't even smell the moon.

Can you see through the windows of a house four miles away? Given that there was a distinctive smell to it, your dog could probably smell it.

Can you see through the windows of a house four miles away? Given that there was a distinctive smell to it, your dog could probably smell it.

Good, I'm glad. You can compare a dog's sense of smell with a person's sense of smell, and the dog's is vastly better. But you can't compare a dog's sense of smell with a person's sense of eyesight, it just doesn't make any sense. It's like saying "if you could hear as well as a microwave warms food, you'd be able to notice a pin drop from three states away".

Actually, the song came from before the cylon-terran hybrid first mated it the natives of this planet, creating the first proto-human.

All this has happened before, and it will all happen again.

Archived