The Most Useless Trivial Thing you Know

Lany Freelove Cassandra

• And for owls its parliament.
  • For ravens its unkindness.

And For Crows it's a 'Murder'

I wonder who came up with all those names for groups of animals. Like a grace of swans... I think they were just being cute.

And for idiots, it's a 'Republic'.

:D

Gaslighting is the process of giving false information to someone until they start to doubt their memory/sanity.

Yes, but why is it called Gaslighting? (I can tell you if you don't know the answer.)

Still kicking. ;)

Which is why coins often have grooves around their edges.

That **is** cool. Never knew that.

To answer the title question: What Nirnaeth Arnoediad means, and what it is.

Yes, but have you spent a not inconsiderable amount of time trying to pronounce it properly?

:P

Yes, but why is it called Gaslighting? (I can tell you if you don't know the answer.)

Named for a play called Gaslight about that very subject; later turned into a movie with Ingrid Bergman, which I have seen. Although my first encounter with the phrase came from the Farscape episode where it happens to Crichton and he calls that out.

According to their government, 1 in 5 Greenlanders try to kill themselves at some point in their lives.

William Howard Taft needed an especially large bathtub made for him in the White House, that could fit four men.

EPCOT at Disney World stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow

A liger is the hybrid offspring of a male lion and a tigress. They can grow to 12 feet long, and weigh up to 1000 pounds (about twice the size of either a lion or tiger).

And a tigon is the hybrid offspring of a male tiger and a lioness.

Edward IV was the tallest King of England

Henry I fathered around 25 illegitimate children that he knew about.

I also know things about fertility that are probably a bit excessive for a normal person. For instance, I happen to know that the absolute soonest a pregnancy test can render a positive result is 6 days post ovulation. If anyone thinks they got a positive test before that, they are mistaken as to when they ovulated. It's more likely that it will take 10 days for a positive result, sometimes longer.

Oppossums have a forked penis.

Turtle penises are half the length if their body.

Billy goats also have a forked penis. Its one long straw like thing with these 2 little feelers coming out of the end. We used to have one & he would pee on his own beard so often that it was yellow :dunno:

Goats pupils are also rectangle. Makes them very creepy IMO.

Archived