The Most Useless Trivial Thing you Know

Lany Freelove Cassandra

I know that human beings tolerate acceleration best moving chest first, and worst moving feet first.

Really though, we shouldn't make fun of useless trivia. Especially given that 90% of everything I remember is useless trivia.

I'm handy to have around at pub quizzes, but I won't for the life of me remember your name after a first meeting.

I am absolutely incredible at shows like Jeopardy and Cash Cab when I'm playing from the comfort of the couch in my living room. Totally slay that shit every time. :p American National Parks is my weakest category though. I need to find someone who knows a lot about national parks and Russian literature, and then I'd be unstoppable!

We can probably assume that Harry's year was near the low point as far a population goes, having been born near the end of a war. So two years or so after he was born we'd see a post war baby boom. So the average per year would probably be a bit higher. Not that we could see it from the narrow scope were given, and large number would admittedly make the sorting ceremony tedious to sit through. I've put a far bit of though into this and the economy of magical Britain.

Not to mention, how can there be a designated number of students for every year of each House? That would take away from the magic of the Sorting, and the relevance of personality traits and values.

OT: Giant Eagle brand rolls (which are fucking amazing) are only sold from roughly Halloween to Easter every year.

-The Washington State Ferry fleet is the third largest passenger ferry fleet in the world.

-Java is the most populous island in the world, with 139 million people living there. That also means over half of Indonesia's population lives on Java.

-Rochester NY (my hometown) was America's first boomtown

-Tina Fey's real name is Elizabeth Stamatina Fey

-I share my birthday with Donald Sutherland, David Hasselhoff, Angela Merkel

The ID number of Princess Leia's prison cell on the Death Star was 1138.

I am deeply disappointed that the Board has let this thread go on for five pages without correcting this egregious inaccuracy. Princess Leia's cell number is 2187. In quoting the number 1138, the poster is probably thinking of when Luke and Han roll in to Detention Block AA-23 with Chewbacca; Luke attempts to bluff his way through by saying that he has a prisoner transfer from cell block 1138.

Anyway, my most useless trivia is that the serial number on the trash compactor that they jump into is 3263827.

Oh my :snorting hee haw:

Robert Smith was once a member if Siouxsie's Banshees.

Siouxsie herself was once a sid vicious groupie.

All drunk people are sorry in the afternoon. For exacly one hour. About being drunk. That is all.

Archived