What's the word for...

Ordos

...pulling one's trousers too high up the waist?

I've heard jokes about it but I've never had a quick one or two word description of it.

"I pull my pants up to the sky!" is a little bit much unless your pants actually goes past your head.

"If those pants were any higher they would reach your armpits!" We already have something like that: overalls.

My brother knew a kid in school who wore gigantic shorts and pulled them over his shoulders and cut holes in the sides for his arms turning them into overalls! (this was in the late 1990's)

High waisted pants is how I would describe it.

If we were making fun of people, we would call them 'grandpa pants' or 'granny pants' or 'mom jeans' or something like that, since it's typically associated with the way older people wear their pants.

When I taught in Japan, we had a student (middle-aged dude) that we nicknamed Captain Highpants. Every time he had a lesson booked, someone would say, in portentious movie-narrator tones, "This sounds like a job for... *fanfare*...". As superpowers go, there are probably better ones.

I got off the bus to my local shopping centre the other day, and the young guy infront of me had the waistband of his pants below the cheeks of his arse. His trousers weren't just riding low they were mostly off, and his two rather large green and white striped underware clad buttocks bouncing up the hill from the bus stop was fairly hypnotic. I really wanted to tell him to pull his trousers up.

Better too high than too low.

Archived