Football XXXXXXXXX: Sad American Boarders Edition

Nas!

It will be wonderful to track their spectacular journeys from Youth team to U21s and then through multiple season-long loans across Europe until they turn 23 and decide to play for Hull!

I, for one, cannot wait

So far this season is really open (except for Chelsea), and I would like to be able to enjoy that because it's long overdue. But whenever I actually try to watch a game the quality is so poor and the game so boring. Not just Liverpool. It's killing my interest. I just glance at the league table occasionally and enjoy it's randomness.

As much as I dislike Mourinho, that guy knows how to add to a squad and sets his team up for the consistency to win leagues. Liverpool tried for targets (like Costa and Willian) they couldn't get and then fell back on much lower quality. Manu spent like drunken sailors and now play like them too. Arsenal repeated their same failed transfer strategy yet again. City added some quality players but still rely on Aguero and Silva in nearly every match. Chelsea's recruitment was by far the best targeted and the best executed.

So erm... FIFA has been cleared by its own investigation (obviously) and has said the English FA was the worst behaved of the lot in the last World Cup bidding process thing. I mean.... lol to be honest

Michael Garcia, the guy who wrote the FIFA report, has come out and roasted FIFA and completely disowned their representation of his own report. Says it contains "numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of facts and conclusions"

L

O

L

ETA: Update from Hank Winter telling us what we all already suspected.

I just came to post that. I'm starting to agree with the MPs who proposed just reporting FIFA to the Serious Fraud Office.

Agreed, pretty much. The one thing I agree with basically every politician and media person in this country about is their cynicism towards FIFA. Our media has done a pretty good job so far of just hounding them all the time.

Henry Winter going large on this one - Thinks the USSF should propose Michael Garcia as a candidate to run against Blatter in the next election OOOOOF.

Can't say I disagree, just out of curiosity as to what would happen

Oh, and according to James Masters, CNN are reporting that the FBI are about to smash into FIFA executives as well hahahahahaha

ETA: CNN story

And David Conn on the subject.

I think my favourite detail so far is that the Russians rented computers to work on their bid which have now all been destroyed. Love it!

The FA should just start pushing UEFA to secede from FIFA. It'd take a while but it probably wouldn't be that hard in the end. Most of FIFA's support comes from the other confederations, and at the end of the day, while the internationals might limp along, on the club side they need UEFA far more than UEFA needs them, because here is where the money is.

The international scene needs a massive reform anyway. It's so archaic, the entire system has barely moved on from 100 years ago when internationals were actually the elite of the game.

Archived