Dragon Age: Whatever we were before, we are now... The Inquisition!

Jace, Extat

Okay, ya'll are right about the modding. I was just confused because it was showing my equipment and what's in the inventory, but there was no image of my character, and I didn't notice my name at the top corner before.

Someone on the Dragon Age subreddit made Jaime Lannister in game. Not bad.

http://i.imgur.com/uI3KoB6.jpg

ETA: Dany is even more impressive and this guy included sliders. I know what I'm doing if I ever do a human female play through. http://imgur.com/a/sAeSn

I'll try to replicate that on my 3rd playthrough, but as an elf female instead of human female. I just like elves more, and seeing Dany with pointed ears just scream awesome to me.

I'd also consider playing as Jon Snow and perhaps even dwarf Tyrion. Maybe even mage Kellhus or Achamian from TSA.

I got to Skyhold. That place is freaking massive.

I'm annoyed though. When I first got there, I figured I'd explore the place and talk to everyone I came across. That's what you do in Bioware games. Well, the second person I talked to was Solas, and the conversation we had ended up with time moving forward a day. This resulted in the game reloading the Skyhold area, and, I guess because I already had enough power or influence or something, it moved the place from its initial state of "near-ruin" to "being rebuilt, with construction supplies everywhere." I barely got to explore the place as it originally was, which means I don't get as full of a "before and after" picture; all because I apparently talked to people in the wrong order.

Finally got to put a couple hours uninterrupted into the game last night and wandered around in the Hinterlands.

One question for console peeps about combat. Do I only get four abilities to use? There are the three buttons and then R2 (I think) that has a fourth ability to map to it. I unlocked a fifth ability, but don't see a place to map it and don't see any other way to easily use it through a pause menu or something of the sort.

In the other DA games, I recall having 3 primary things and then you could hold a shoulder button to show three more hot buttons. Am I missing something similar? How many active skills can you have mapped?

I met my first dragon. It did not go well.

Finally got to put a couple hours uninterrupted into the game last night and wandered around in the Hinterlands.

One question for console peeps about combat. Do I only get four abilities to use? There are the three buttons and then R2 (I think) that has a fourth ability to map to it. I unlocked a fifth ability, but don't see a place to map it and don't see any other way to easily use it through a pause menu or something of the sort.

In the other DA games, I recall having 3 primary things and then you could hold a shoulder button to show three more hot buttons. Am I missing something similar? How many active skills can you have mapped?

Hold left trigger/L2 to bring up your second quick slot thing. That's how it works on PC with the controller plugged in anyway.

I met my first dragon. It did not go well.

Hold left trigger/L2 to bring up your second quick slot thing. That's how it works on PC with the controller plugged in anyway.

Thanks will look at that when I get home.

I'm only watching a quite slow(at least with uploading) playthrough on youtube(Costin at Serious Gaming, you should check him out) and I notice the names they've given to some of the regions in the Hinterlands - Lake Luthias, Dwarfson's pass... It's obvious - they were named after Luthias the Dwarfson, if anybody remembers the Tale of Luthias the Dwarfson from Origins(I liked the story quite a lot). I guess his clan lived there?

About the elfroot and iron and such, do you ever get too full. Should a scale back on collecting every iron and non essential weed I see? I know I can sell them but is there a limit to what you can carry on you?

There is an inventory limit but I think only weapons and armor contribute to it.

Can someone explain to me how to find Blackwall? I'm at the waterfall near camp in the Hinterlands and I'm like, almost right there on my map, but I can't get to it. I tried going around but it didn't seem to be working for me :(

I need help and am too afraid of spoilers to google.

I'm trying to become a Necromancer, but I can't figure out where to get:

1) Nevarran Skulls, of which I need 3 (I already got one somewhere, at some point)

2) 10 Bloodstones

3) Jeweled Skull Materials (I'm wondering if the Nevarran skulls and bloodstones are what I'm actually trying to get, so I can make the Jeweled Skull)

Save me, board! Dorian is leaving me behind in the Necromancer department.

Can someone explain to me how to find Blackwall? I'm at the waterfall near camp in the Hinterlands and I'm like, almost right there on my map, but I can't get to it. I tried going around but it didn't seem to be working for me :(

At your camp, if you face towards where Blackwall is, go to your left a little ways; there's a path that leads to the upper area that has Blackwall (and some other stuff).

Nevarran skulls are random valuable drops off humanoid mobs, I believe.

I can second that. I remember collecting some recently. Apparently, I am a grisly looter. Yuck!

Oh, I saw my first and second dragon. I ran from both of them like a little kid. The First was in the Hinterlands, I jaunted into some valley, there was a massive roar, a big shadow flew over me and a goat died. I did by best Sir Robin impression and made for the hills.

I was then on the Storm Coast and watching the Dragon and Giant fight was awesome. Until the splash effect from the Dragon's breath killed everyone, but one of my dudes who the computer had wander off for what ever reason. Saved by bad AI pathing!

I need help and am too afraid of spoilers to google.

I'm trying to become a Necromancer, but I can't figure out where to get:

1) Nevarran Skulls, of which I need 3 (I already got one somewhere, at some point)

2) 10 Bloodstones

3) Jeweled Skull Materials (I'm wondering if the Nevarran skulls and bloodstones are what I'm actually trying to get, so I can make the Jeweled Skull)

Save me, board! Dorian is leaving me behind in the Necromancer department.

Facebook friend did it. She said the following:

The Nevarran Skulls can be found on the Storm Coast. Apparently the quest should guide you to them.

Bloodstones are also on the Storm Coast, but can be found anywhere.

You use them to make the skull.

I bought Inquisition in the morning for Playstation 4 (was too impatient to wait to upgrade my PC) and have played a solid four hours of the game before going out with friends. So far, it's looking really great. I am playing as a male Qunari mage (The Chantry just loves that) .

I even attempted to tangle with a dragon in the Hinterlands (which is a massive area by the way), and got my ass handed to me. And I only got him down to half-strength before he took us down.

I support it. Being short is awful; being tall is preferable.

Just finished the Reaver quest. Make you work for it, don't they? Either way, being a Reaver is awesome.

Also, my one nitpick so far: please fire your armor and weapon design people Bioware. Seriously, the weapons and armor in this game look awful: the two-handed weapons in particular are a most unique combination of implausible, bland, and dumb. Seriously, just copy the Witcher 2. By which I mean, just copy actual historical weapons and armor: they look better than what you dream up.

Archived