Dragon Age: Whatever we were before, we are now... The Inquisition!

Jace, Extat

Since my computer is still getting fixed, I'm just watching some videos and reactions to the game, since I can't do anything else. I want to know, though, can you choose to be a Dalish Elf instead of just an Elf, same for the dwarves(dwarf noble/commoner)? Yeah, I know, there's no story importance in it for DA:I, but I'd like for my Elf rogue to be a Dalish Elf rogue.

No, the prologue is the same for all.

Nah, its just Male/Female Dwarf/Elf on the Tarot Card looking thing. It does explain that there are two types of elves. I have not started an elf yet, so I don't know what background it gives you.

ETA: Nevermind. Question has been answered.

Only someone who wanted to find the game, find it, not play it, would be able to get it...

Not looking forward to work tonight myself. I only just figured out how the agent system works, not unlike the trade missions in AssCreed4

Tonight is Kentucky v. Kansas at 9 PM... so I don't believe I'll be getting much play in tonight either.

Tonight is Kentucky v. Kansas at 9 PM... so I don't believe I'll be getting much play in tonight either.

I haven't watched a single Pacers game this year... I never get real deep into the season until after football, but I haven't even been able to tune in knowing Paulie and Lance are gone. It's not that I'm a fair-weather fan, I just have limits, y'know?

Back on topic, I like the way dialogue is done, being able to control the camera and all. If I have one complaint, it's that I haven't been able to execute any dissidents. Yet...

So while I'm impatiently awaiting the local release, I was reminded that for many years I didn't automatically associate 'Inquisition' with Monty Python but with

, so a question to those who already have access to the game: is there a musical number?

Went on metacritic and was immediately reminded why I don't usually go on metacritic. According to the majority of reviews there seems to be no such thing as shades of grey. Everything is either a 0 or a 10 with a couple of the zeroes being for "graphics not as good as I was hoping", "don't like the character creation" and best of all "Lack of proper medieval etiquette"

Though someone mentioned that a lot of the 0 scores might be down to gamergate as apparently some section of 4chan or something decided that Bioware was a SJW company and that they were going to spam all their games

About two hours into the game, have to say I'm very impressed so far. Head and shoulders above DA2. Already invested in my companions and the storyline, and the gameplay is very good. As someone said earlier the tactical aspect of the combat is very cool. The maps are huge - maybe not Elder Scrolls-level huge, but big enough that I can see myself spending many hours completing side quests. Happy gaming to everyone who got a copy today

Went on metacritic and was immediately reminded why I don't usually go on metacritic. According to the majority of reviews there seems to be no such thing as shades of grey. Everything is either a 0 or a 10 with a couple of the zeroes being for "graphics not as good as I was hoping", "don't like the character creation" and best of all "Lack of proper medieval etiquette"

Though someone mentioned that a lot of the 0 scores might be down to gamergate as apparently some section of 4chan or something decided that Bioware was a SJW company and that they were going to spam all their games

I did read a very funny review there, a completely and utterly sarcrastic 10/10 review, with stuff like: "Under the glorious enlightenment and guidance from EA, a game publisher with precise long-term vision in future game development" and "Overall, by removing the complexity and annoyance from old-school RPG, adding the best elements from 2 most famous modern RPGs, and introducing an exciting button mashing combat mechanics to the game, this game has reached the highest height of RPGs that none in the world could ever reach" written in it. It's kinda awesome, but it's in the same vein as those spammers, so you should disregard it if you want a serious review.

I was a bit mystified by the "lack of proper medieval etiquite" comment. I'm assuming whoever wrote that wanted "F.A.T.A.L. the video game".

Yeah... and I seem to recall playing a couple of late night sessions of DA2 with a glass of scotch or two. So remembering what had happened the following day was sometimes a bit of a challenge, let alone 2 years later. ;) DA:I is only out here in Oz on Thursday - but as we live in the future, that means tomorrow. (oh... and the "Post" button on this forum doesn't work on my office PC. But I've discovered I can post using "More Reply Options" - only that eats any paragraphong. So forgive my lack of paragraphs).

For those of you playing the game on ultra settings, what type of graphic cards are you using? How much VRAM does it have?

The game looks pretty crappy on low settings, so I'm going to upgrade.

Dual GeForce GTX 760s 1 GB apiece.

Runs smooth as silk, outside the occasional blip during conversations that seems to be a common issue.

It'll be a while before I get to play this, but judging by the reviews and gameplay footage I should like DA:I for the same reasons I loved Dragon's Dogma: good combat, satisfying exploration, and a passable story.

In the meantime, I'm doing a City Elf Warrior playthrough on Origins to get a refresher on the world and characters.

In the cheeriest way possible - Americans and Canadians, fuck you.

I've got to wait til friday and until then I get to sit here and listen to you lot talk about how fun it is.

Nah, this way you get the benefit of decent reviews while still getting preorder bonuses. Or if you're on PC, VPN it.

Archived