Dragon Age: Whatever we were before, we are now... The Inquisition!

Jace, Extat

I got an email from the Dragon Age team about the Keep and it made an important point that I had missed.

If you want to make sure that your world state is correctly imported to DAI, make sure that you click the button that says "Import to Dragon Age Inquisition." There will be a little green check mark in a box at the top of the screen if you have done it correctly.

I spent a lot of time setting up the tapestry last week, but must have missed the part about the actual import. Thought I'd share in case I wasn't alone.

How do you import a custom hero?

That I don't know.

It has my Warden as a Dwarf Noble Male and my Hawke as a male warrior; so I figure that's close enough for me. All the other decisions are set up as I made them. :dunno:

How do you import a custom hero?

It should list all the characters you've created in both games, you just pick the ones you want to use. It doesn't import your savegame, though, you still have to set all the decisions, so it's kind of pointless to spend much time picking the "right" character IMO.

It should list all the characters you've created in both games, you just pick the ones you want to use. It doesn't import your savegame, though, you still have to set all the decisions, so it's kind of pointless to spend much time picking the "right" character IMO.

Hrmm. I didn't see anywhere that it gave me the option to get my old saves. Would presume that it should have my PS3, but as I say; the only thing different is the name on the two. :dunno:

Here's the launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SREM6E4Fvs

Oh, I can't wait till my computer gets fixed and I get it back, my half-term tests will be over and I'll be able to play the shit out of it, most probably on maximum settings, and the game looks so freakin AWESOME!

I actually think that's one of the weaker trailers they've put out. The game looks as pretty as ever, but the way it was cut together didn't work for me. Also that was a pretty awful cover of 'What A Wonderful World,' if EA really wanted that song they should've gone with Joey Ramone's version.

I actually think that's one of the weaker trailers they've put out. The game looks as pretty as ever, but the way it was cut together didn't work for me. Also that was a pretty awful cover of 'What A Wonderful World,' if EA really wanted that song they should've gone with Joey Ramone's version.

Agree to disagree, whilst I agree that content wise it was weaker than the trailer before, I think that the cover they chose/made fit perfectly and upped the quality of the trailer.

100% agree with Fez. Song was awful, and didn't seem as exciting as the last trailer. That being said, I'll be playing soon enough!

Anyone have an opinion on the preorder armors? I also don't understand why anyone would buy the deluxe at this point...

I also don't understand why anyone would buy the deluxe at this point...

More horses! That's actually all I know about the deluxe edition stuff, it doesn't look like it's going to be like ME3, where people with the collector's edition got some of the best guns in the game right from the start, just cosmetic stuff.

I preordered the game, but I don't know if my laptop can handle it. Graphics look great, so it would be a waste to play it on the lowest settings. Might have to finally upgrade the old laptop.

Do you think it will matter storywise if you've only played Dragon Age Origins and not Dragon Age 2? The reviews for the second were mixed, so I ended up passing on it.

Only fifteen minutes in, but I'm already hooked. The combat is more free flowing, the character models are fantastic, and the scenery is as gorgeous as everyone said. And my rig can handle it at Ultra. Score one for Jace.

Unfortunately, my Elf inquisitor came out of the breach looking like a painted whore, so I'm cutting my losses and getting back to work on her makeup. The character creation index is staggering.

I managed to play for around 45 minutes before work this morning (at least 15 of which was trying to figure out the character creator; its difficult getting a non-clown-looking character). Everything gamewise looks good so far.

I am having some sort of graphical issue though. I put my settings on High, since I wasn't sure whether I could handle Ultra, and when I'm playing everything looks great and my framerate is high enough that I probably could handle Ultra. However, in cutscenes I'm having an issue with the graphics stuttering. It doesn't always happen, but it happens enough to be rather annoying. I'm assuming that one (or more) of the many specific graphical settings that I don't fully understanding is responsible, and if I just reduced that I'd be fine, but I don't know which is might be. Or maybe its one of those anti-aliasing settings that I don't understand at all.

In the cheeriest way possible - Americans and Canadians, fuck you.

I've got to wait til friday and until then I get to sit here and listen to you lot talk about how fun it is.

And those lazy gits haven't even gotten around to updating the wiki with game mechanics, so I still don't have enough data to decide whether to go with a rogue or warrior for my first character.

Archived