Dragon Age: Whatever we were before, we are now... The Inquisition!

Jace, Extat

And this is what I get for pre-ordering a hard copy. I could be playing the game now but instead I'm staring at my order page on amazon.com waiting to get a shipment notification. That's what I get for being a luddite.

And this is what I get for pre-ordering a hard copy. I could be playing the game now but instead I'm staring at my order page on amazon.com waiting to get a shipment notification. That's what I get for being a luddite.

They don't have a GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart, or even (I'm told) a Target where you live?

They don't have a GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart, or even (I'm told) a Target where you live?

Sure, all of the above, but do you expect me to leave my house to buy the things I want, like some kind of peasant? I mean, who does that anymore? :thumbsdown:

It's good to let the plebs witness true power every once in a while. I order at least five of them executed every time my litterbearers take me to Subway.

So the game is fucking awesome sauce. As a highly influential elf mage, I'm waiting for a chance to say "I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees."

This game is living up to every bit of the hype.

Only minor complaints so far are some of the face tattoos appear on top of the hair

and on ps4, as far as I can tell there's no option to turn on subtitles for dialogue.

I thought no if you skip the dialog, the subtitles will start coming on.

I quick view through them and the subtitles show up.

Back at the office now. Essentially finished the prologue.

I liked it. The combat seems like it will be more of a return to a tactical focus like the first DA moreso than the chaotic hack and slash of the second.

So I caved and bought it because I had the morning off today and I'm weak when I'm bored. I was planning to wait a while until the general consensus was in and bugs had been patched but oh well.

Spent a couple of hours just dicking around with character creation until I managed to make an elf who didn't look ridiculous. The customization options are pretty awesome, and the game looks gorgeous. Going with archer rogue for a first playthrough cause ranger type classes have always been my favorite. Archery was really lackluster in the first two games IMO so I really hope they've improved on it here. Didn't get a chance to try any combat beyond the very first tutorial fight though.

Initial impressions/nitpicks:

1. Keyboard+Mouse controls feel clunky as hell, so I'll probably just use a gamepad when I play again later since apparently it works much better. Shame, I've always preferred mouse and keyboard for RPGs.

2. Who thought holding down a button to autoattack was a good idea? So unnecessary. They're autoattacks...make them automatic.

3. Interesting bug. I made a male character but I'm being referred to as "her" and "she" by NPCs, so apparently my elf is trans. I might just stick it out and see what happens with the romance options and such as a result.

Looking forward to getting off work and playing more.

The game is sitting in the glove box of my car....waiting....It's like I can feel it whispering to me. Stupid adult responsibilities.

Only someone who wanted to find the game, find it, not play it, would be able to get it...

Not looking forward to work tonight myself. I only just figured out how the agent system works, not unlike the trade missions in AssCreed4

I played another 30 minutes during lunch (as always, working from home is a true test of my self-control). From some combination of the new nvida driver, turning shadows down to 'low' in graphical settings, and turning on additional anti-alaising I've greatly reduced the amount of stuttering in cutscenes. It still happens a little bit, but not nearly as much as before. I don't know which of those things made the change, but I don't feel like experimenting. Its a little annoying having a setting at 'low,' but I don't really see any visual difference. And I do have anything else at either High or Ultra. The game really is gorgeous.

I went with a Human Female Warrior. I really like the way combat feels so far, very smooth. I haven't bothered with the tactical camera except for its first introduction, but I'm only to the point where I beat the first boss, so I have no idea if its important to use later; or have any other opinions about gameplay. I'm a little paranoid about whether my world state uploaded from the keep. It said it did, but I haven't encountered any references back to previous choices yet to know for certain; and I'd hate to have to restart just when I'm getting into things.

Since my computer is still getting fixed, I'm just watching some videos and reactions to the game, since I can't do anything else. I want to know, though, can you choose to be a Dalish Elf instead of just an Elf, same for the dwarves(dwarf noble/commoner)? Yeah, I know, there's no story importance in it for DA:I, but I'd like for my Elf rogue to be a Dalish Elf rogue.

Quick question from someone who will have to wait until Christmas to play the game (because I know someone has bought it for me).

Do different races get different prologues or is it the same for each? I always enjoyed the origin stories in DA:O.

No, the prologue is the same for all.

Since my computer is still getting fixed, I'm just watching some videos and reactions to the game, since I can't do anything else. I want to know, though, can you choose to be a Dalish Elf instead of just an Elf, same for the dwarves(dwarf noble/commoner)? Yeah, I know, there's no story importance in it for DA:I, but I'd like for my Elf rogue to be a Dalish Elf rogue.

No, the prologue is the same for all.

Elf characters are Dalish by default. I thought it varied by which class you chose but I checked all of them. Warrior and rogue get "Dalish Hunter", mage gets "Dalish Apprentice".

Archived