Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 2

Alia of the knife

Agreed. A potential cure is certainly a way to add a much-needed spark to the show, but there are other ways. They might hear word that some nation or part thereof is still standing (like Cuba for example) and they hatch a plan to get there. Or the zombies slowly dying out due to starvation and killings (they established that zombies do starve in S3, albeit at a very slow rate), and the world thus becomes gradually safer.

I think it's hard to avoid the same old formula given the apocalyptic setting. A cure wouldn't really solve the fact there has been a system failure and society has to restart. It would just give us a season of them trying to find a cure.

Agreed.

Dealing with apocolyptic settings such as this, you really can't avoid the same recipe. At this point, I think its more compelling to find out why and how the virus came about, and trying to figure out why some people might resist it, and why others may not, much like the Black Plague.

I still go back and wonder if Grimes wasn't actually dead in the hospital when Shane, who was a trained law enforcement official, would know a heart beat if he heard it, seemed to act as though Grimes was dead.

If he was, he clearly didn't turn.

But, in terms of such "recipes" they are going to have to rely more heavily upon the quaity of the characters, and less on shock affect such as the zombies, which I find myself becoming immune to.

Which leads me back to the whole Beth arc. I like it less and less now. I don't dislike Beth, but I'm not sure if they were trying to highlight the hospital and its characters, getting Beths friend back to Alexandria, thus, getting them on the road, or what the purpose was? :dunno:

I still go back and wonder if Grimes wasn't actually dead in the hospital when Shane, who was a trained law enforcement official, would know a heart beat if he heard it, seemed to act as though Grimes was dead.

If he was, he clearly didn't turn.

Shane knew he was alive when he left him. But he had to go, and Rick was in no state to be moved. He barricaded the room the best he could, but kind of assumed Rick was still going to die.

It is revealed that Glen will have a flashback of the time he lived in California. He will remember a guy he used to live with. Glen always thought that guy was crazy but he would not survive if that guy had not taught him some dooms day survival.

Exclusive footage:

http://youtu.be/3jOhtcUMH4M

http://i.imgur.com/AXPG8rR.gif

Archived