Football 33: The Return of the Red Devils!

MercenaryChef

Certainly, when he joined them, there was a fear that he'd turn Upton Park into some horrible Stoke-like orc cave. But as far as I can tell, that just hasn't happened.

You didn't watch any West Ham games last season, obviously.

Big Sam's been effective, it's true. I've been critical at times, but I can't argue with his results.

It's worth noting that the ownership has spent quite a bit on players since last season, though. And our two loan players have both been very good, but will either Song or Jenkinson be back next season? Probably not. And it looks like we'll lose Winston Reid, too, who has been pretty awesome.

And Madrid win the club word cup final, extend to 22 their consecutive victories record and are awarded the right to wear a ridiculous and ugly golden badge in their shirts.

What a marvelous 2014 it has been for us! Madrid's current form is incredible. I hope we are able to maintain it until May. The consecutive victories record will be over sooner than later, but if we keep on playing like this I reckon that very few teams in Europe are at the present able to be a challenge.

Another absurd thing. I read a few days ago that CR's goal tally so far this season is larger than 3/4 of the teams in the major European leagues. What a bloody beast!

"Stoke-like orc cave" - that has to be one of my favourite descriptions I've seen in a while, Spockydog!

I do wonder what Arsenal will do about Jenkinson, we have plenty of RBs and I don't see him getting a starting role over Debuchy (or Chambers, but Chambers is probably being groomed for CB). Once they've played full-time for another club, most players don't want to go back on the bench again.

And Madrid win the club word cup final, extend to 22 their consecutive victories record and are awarded the right to wear a ridiculous and ugly golden badge in their shirts.

Oh did they? I didn't notice since all the attention of TRUE football fans was on the FACT that Auckland FC are the third best club side on the planet after beating Cruz Azul. And the other fact that Real only scored one more against San Lorenzo than Auckland did. :thumbsup:

You didn't watch any West Ham games last season, obviously.

Big Sam's been effective, it's true. I've been critical at times, but I can't argue with his results.

It's worth noting that the ownership has spent quite a bit on players since last season, though. And our two loan players have both been very good, but will either Song or Jenkinson be back next season? Probably not. And it looks like we'll lose Winston Reid, too, who has been pretty awesome.

No, you're right. Haven't seen much of West Ham since Sam took over. With my ongoing personal boycott of MotD, all I've got to go on are the limited times Sky & BT Sport decide to stick them on. But whenever I have seen them, they've looked far from orcish.

"Stoke-like orc cave" - that has to be one of my favourite descriptions I've seen in a while, Spockydog!

Woof!

I do wonder what Arsenal will do about Jenkinson, we have plenty of RBs and I don't see him getting a starting role over Debuchy (or Chambers, but Chambers is probably being groomed for CB). Once they've played full-time for another club, most players don't want to go back on the bench again.

I'd love it if he came back, but with the emergence of Bellerin, not sure how likely that is. It's a shame, 'cos as well as being a true Gooner, Jenks is a tidy little player with a fantastic engine. He'd run through walls for the Arsenal.

Archived