Aegon and Sansa

Isobel Harper

Plus, after LF told Sansa of the Harry plan, Sansa thought about how she didn't want to be married for her claim again. She wants a marriage to someone who wants her for herself. So she why would she even agree to another arranged marriage?

And they are ignoring the whole, SANSA part of this. It's like she's not even a person, with a story of her own. Fascinating.

Oh, but they share the hair dye thing! Maybe she'll marry Daario! Arya will marry Varys, they both shave their heads (AryArys!)

And they are ignoring the whole, SANSA part of this. It's like she's not even a person, with a story of her own. Fascinating.

Oh, but they share the hair dye thing! Maybe she'll marry Daario! Arya will marry Varys, they both shave their heads (AryArys!)

No. Arya and Dany will have a relationship since they have both become bald at least twice (I can't come up with a ship name) :p

^ The Scorpion Knight, The last they knew of Tyrion was him getting kidknapped from a brothel, tho Jon Con was questioning whether Tyrion set the whole thing up, he still vanished in Volon Therys, where a poor dwarf is not likely to thrive.

I still don't understand why people think Sansa and Tyrion were legally married. If having a forced unconsummated marriage is such a big deal that she cannot marry Aegon, then how the hell was Tyrion and Sansa's marriage legitimate in the first place, since Tyrion was already in an unforced consummated marriage, which is by all accounts much more official? It doesn't make any sense at all. Clearly, lords and ladys can do as they please.

Aegon, Haldon and Jon Connigton know tyrion is alive

Your point is? If claiming Sansa's husband is dead or annulling the marriage as king then Aegon gets to marry Robb Stark's only living heir thus gaining the North.

Littlefinger obviously isn't too bothered with the whole "already married" issue which has me thinking he's already found a way to annul the marriage.

Dany is like Jon Snow, knows nothing, she literally knows nothing. Ofc Ned participated, what would you do in his place if one guy kidnaps your sister, and this guys's father murders your brother and father and wants your head...?

I think you are just soooo Targaryen-party.

Dany was told what happen in the war By Viserys and their kings guard (I forgot his name) It wasn't as if Viserys told her lies the whole time, it was just everything he told her was on the bias of of a fellow Targ and loyal.

Aegon had to been told what happen by JonCon (who fought Ned and Robert. He would have no love for either of them) Judging by mindset, he would have just as much ill-will toward those houses as Dany and Viserys. That is why i'm saying that a marriage with Sansa would be the farthest thing from Aegon head.

Are we talking about Elia Sand Oberyn's bastard? Marriage is about politics and making alliances, I honestly don't see what Aegon would get out of marrying his bastard cousin. Besides marrying anyone from Dorne is a political error because Aegon is Elia's son, their support is already insured right now Aegon needs alliances and men he has to marry into another family.

Sansa's the most eligible bachelorette in Westeros, if Aegon marries her he'll have the North, Riverlands and possibly the Vale (that all depends on whether or not she can get a son out of Harry) behind him so it's politically sound for him to marry her.

The targs manage to conquer the 6 of the realm with the fear of three Dragons, and no marriage alliance. Aegon is on the verge of of talking the Stormlands and if he takes KL, Then the Tyrells and Lannisters are Crippled. Dany would only have to come by and fight the other 4 (Dorne is in alliance) and winter will thin out the North and riverlands. It would be easier to get them to surrender again rather than marrying into the North and not getting dragons

First Ageon has to have something to combine with the North. Currently, he has very little and there is no guarantee that he will win the IT. If LF were to pursue an annulment for Sansa at this time that would expose her, and him for hiding her, and I don't see him pursuing that angle.

Plus, as mentioned above, what does Sansa want? She has told us; Not to be married off again for her claim and to have someone love her for herself.

That matters.

I kinda believe that Aegon will be meddle somehow in LF's plans because that's a factor he's not expecting at all. That and the Mad Mouse, Varys' man, already in the Vale.

At some point the plans of that asshole were going to start to fail.

I wonder if at some point, Varys' original plans were to marry Sansa to Aegon, and that was the reason he kinda tried to help Ned. That would unite the North with KL. Kinda crackpot, though.

~~~snip~~~~

I wonder if at some point, Varys' original plans were to marry Sansa to Aegon, and that was the reason he kinda tried to help Ned. That would unite the North with KL. Kinda crackpot, though.

LOL! Does Varys follow the crowd or does the crowd follow Varys? Either way, 'marrying off Sansa' is a crowded field.

:lol:

Dany was told what happen in the war By Viserys and their kings guard (I forgot his name) It wasn't as if Viserys told her lies the whole time, it was just everything he told her was on the bias of of a fellow Targ and loyal.

Aegon had to been told what happen by JonCon (who fought Ned and Robert. He would have no love for either of them) Judging by mindset, he would have just as much ill-will toward those houses as Dany and Viserys. That is why i'm saying that a marriage with Sansa would be the farthest thing from Aegon head.

The targs manage to conquer the 6 of the realm with the fear of three Dragons, and no marriage alliance. Aegon is on the verge of of talking the Stormlands and if he takes KL, Then the Tyrells and Lannisters are Crippled. Dany would only have to come by and fight the other 4 (Dorne is in alliance) and winter will thin out the North and riverlands. It would be easier to get them to surrender again rather than marrying into the North and not getting dragons

You are referring to Willem Darry. He was not a King's Guard, but his brother Jon Darry was. You are right about Daenerys and Aegon having a bias, which would only be natural. There is also no way that they'd know to what depths Ned Stark was opposed to their murders, unfortunately.

Aegon conquers the Stormsland and most likely Dorne will follow soon as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tyrells try to marry Margaery to Aegon, as she is not yet married to Tommen. It'll be interesting to see how the other kingdoms fall/submit. With Deanerys' dragons, it might not be too difficult, but seeing as she is not only far off into Essos but also "lost" in the Dothraki sea, it will be difficult for her to aid Aegon for quite some time. While your scenario is ideal, nothing is goes to plan in GRRM's world. In spite of Aegon's insistance that he marry Daenerys, I can also imagine that she would aid him even without a marriage pact between them both, although I can't imagine why she'd refuse either.

I kinda believe that Aegon will be meddle somehow in LF's plans because that's a factor he's not expecting at all. That and the Mad Mouse, Varys' man, already in the Vale.

At some point the plans of that asshole were going to start to fail.

This is one of the main reasons - if not the only - why I would enjoy seeing this happen. I like the idea of Aegon falling in love with her while he thinks (at first) that she's "Alayne." She won't be able to shed her false identity for a while, I feel. This girl deserves someone who first falls in love with her for herself and not for her territory.

I doubt Varys had intended to marry Sansa to Aegon, at least not while Ned was in King's Landing. (No idea what he'd think of a marriage between the two now. Most likely he'd only support Aegon marrying Daenerys.) The North has not yet seceded from the Kingdom at that time. Even Varys couldn't have that much foresight. I'd like to think that Varys helped him because he saw how honorable he was and how opposed to the "game" he was.

Aegon and Elia would be nice to see. Don't think Aegon would really care for Arianne. I just hope Aegon doesn't fall for some Northern chick after the wedding....

What does Aegon get out of marrying Arianne, or any other Martell?

Whoever YG is, real or fake, Aegon VI Targaryen's mother was/is Elia of Dorne. Aegon is half Dornish. He doesn't need to marry into Dorne for an alliance.

He doesn't need a Targaryen, either. His father was/is Rhaegar Targaryen. He'd want Dany for her dragons, nothing more.

A restored House Stark would present Aegon with two possible queens if he's still around by ADoS: Sansa or Arya. Arya is Faceless, hasn't flowered yet, is too young, etc. However, there's too much foreshadowing for both Stark girls with other characters. While I don't expect anyone to live happily ever after, I doubt history will repeat.

That leaves the Reach. I wouldn't be shocked if Aegon ends up with Margaery Tyrell after (poor) Tommen meets his demise. (Perhaps the fourth time is the charm?) And if Aegon is fake, then he and Margaery would meet their demise together.

My only problem with this is that the Pact is so far mentioned in TWOIAF only, not in the books. I wouldn't consider it until it's mentioned in books, if it's mentioned at all.

As I've said, R+L might have fulfilled it, and I know that you adhere to that theory, so... :cool4:

We'll just remember all of this the next time someone says we are "shipping" her with someone in her actual story (almost every chapter) since the series began...

:agree: I have no idea why people hate shipping so much. Personally, I think it's because something girls and young women like to do. It's no more silly to match up characters than it is to rank "who's the best warrior in Westeros" or to do fantasy battle match-ups. I don't ship ASOIAF canon because GRRM won't allow us to have nice things, but I do like some of the fandom ship stuff.

Anyway, all of Sansa's romantic foreshadowing is absolutely with the Hound, so I doubt she'll have much to do with Aegon. If she does, it'll be her playing the Game for the advantage of her House and kingdom. Sansa is not going to fall in love with YG.

The tyrells getting Aegon to marry Margery would only be possible if the Tyrells had an advantage over Aegon. The Tyrells are weaken and spit between Iron borne and Dragonstone, While Aegon is riding a wave of success all the the way to Storms end and Dorne soon behind him. Unless he lose i don't see that happening

Beside ya keep saying he might marry Sansa or Margery, what would he gain in the short run that he keep get in the long run with dragon.

“If you want to conquer the world, you best have dragons.”

------

Young Griff arrayed his army for attack, with dragon, elephants, and heavy horse up front. A young man’s formation, as bold as it is foolish. He risks all for the quick kill. He let the prince have first move. Haldon stood behind them, watching the play.

When the prince reached for his dragon, Tyrion cleared his throat. “I would not do that if I

were you. It is a mistake to bring your dragon out too soon.” He smiled innocently. “Your father

knew the dangers of being overbold.

-------

And when she reaches Westeros, and meets you for the first time, you will meet

as equals, man and woman, not queen and supplicant. How can she help but love you then, I

ask you?” Smiling, he seized his dragon, flew it across the board. “I hope Your Grace will

pardon me. Your king is trapped. Death in four.”

The prince stared at the playing board. “My dragon—”

“—is too far away to save you. You should have moved her to the center of the battle.”

“But you said—”

“I lied. Trust no one. And keep your dragon close.”

Young Griff jerked to his feet and kicked over the board. Cyvasse pieces flew in all

directions, bouncing and rolling across the deck of the Shy Maid. “Pick those up,” the boy

commanded.

He may well be a Targaryen after all. “If it please Your Grace.”

Ageon says he needs dragons, but he forgets his history lesson. He takes Tyrion's 'advice', advances with his foolish attack. He "is trapped. Death in four. His dragon too far away to save him."

Perhaps Ageon (whether fake or not) sits the Iron Throne, replacing Tommen, after killing him, I'd assume. But he won't last and I'd say he's a dead man too. Just one in the line of changing monarchs as we have been told by GRRM.

What does Aegon get out of marrying Arianne, or any other Martell?

Whoever YG is, real or fake, Aegon VI Targaryen's mother was/is Elia of Dorne. Aegon is half Dornish. He doesn't need to marry into Dorne for an alliance.

If Aegon is fake (as I think he is), then his mother is not Elia of Dorne. More importantly, if Arianne and/or Doran believe he is fake, then they know Elia is not his mother. Hence, from their POV certainly not an automatic alliance (Varys would be selling them false goods). However, given that Dany is not available right now (and Arianne already seems a bit biased against her, and she hasn't even learned about Quentyn yet) and that the Martells want revenge on the Lannisters, an alliance with even a fake Aegon might still be atractive if they believe he can win. It would be more attractive if they would get the queen of westeros if they win, though. A nice reward for a considerable risk, which they would take by taking the field against the huge Lannister/Tyrell armies.

Another option is that Aegon might fall for Elia, one of the younger sandsnakes. She will presumably be in proximity to him, soon.

Archived