Video Games: This is (Elite) Dangerous

Werthead

Dark Souls has gotten its hooks into me. I've got a 20ish souls level wanderer with the Drake Sword and I'm having a great time with it. I just beat the Bell Gargoyles last night, and had my first few forays into the swamp that follows. I'm also trying to horde titanium shards since I can buy them from the blacksmith, will need them to upgrade, and know I don't tend to hold onto souls very long. I also know my drake sword isn't a long term solution, and think I'd prefer a quicker weapon anyway.

I had tries Demons Souls at one point, but didn't get into it. I think this one is more approachable to me because of how it handles HP potions. Whenever I used something to regain HP in Demon Souls, I felt like I was screwing myself. In Dark Souls, I know the estus flask charges are just for whatever run I'm on.

I still haven't used any humanity points yet. I'm hording those.

Bought FTL during the holiday sale. Was on vacation myself so I only just got to play it last night. What a nifty little game with so much replay ability! For $2.50 it is an absolute bargain, and wouldn't ya know it's a sale of the day today same price as during the holiday sale!

Dark Souls has gotten its hooks into me. I've got a 20ish souls level wanderer with the Drake Sword and I'm having a great time with it. I just beat the Bell Gargoyles last night, and had my first few forays into the swamp that follows. I'm also trying to horde titanium shards since I can buy them from the blacksmith, will need them to upgrade, and know I don't tend to hold onto souls very long. I also know my drake sword isn't a long term solution, and think I'd prefer a quicker weapon anyway.

I had tries Demons Souls at one point, but didn't get into it. I think this one is more approachable to me because of how it handles HP potions. Whenever I used something to regain HP in Demon Souls, I felt like I was screwing myself. In Dark Souls, I know the estus flask charges are just for whatever run I'm on.

I think I'm gonna play that again very soon.

Bought FTL during the holiday sale. Was on vacation myself so I only just got to play it last night. What a nifty little game with so much replay ability! For $2.50 it is an absolute bargain, and wouldn't ya know it's a sale of the day today same price as during the holiday sale!

I spent a lot of time playing that game. it's a lot of fun. I still have never beaten it on hard mode.

This site uploaded a lot of old DOS and Apple II games, all playable in your browser. Most of these games I haven't thought of in years.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=%28collection%3Asoftwarelibrary_msdos_games%20OR%20mediatype%3Asoftwarelibrary_msdos_games%29%20AND%20-mediatype%3Acollection&sort=-reviewdate

I definitely see why people say Zelda needs to borrow from Dark Souls. The combat reminds me of when I first encountered one of the skeleton guys with a shield in Ocarina, and the fight with the guy on the ships plank in Skyward Sword. Those are thrilling, but only about 1% of Zelda.

I personally prefer heavy weapons like the Zweihander or the bastard sword. I've tried going for a dex build before, but I just end up using a heavy weapon instead. The Gravelord Sword is also a pretty good weapon, but the scaling for it is horrendous.

You should also get the Elite Knight Armour, it's easily one of the best sets in the game. The only problem is that it's rather heavy, so you should wear a mixture of Elite, and either Gold Hemmed, or leather, until you can comfortably wear the Elite Knight gear and roll quickly.

Don't horde humanity points, you need to use them. Whenever you go to a bonfire you should consume two humanity points, and then revive to human, and then kindle the flame. Also, try to beat Pinwheel (he's the boss of the skeleton area near the Firelink Shrine) as soon as you can. Once you beat Pinwheel you get the Rite of Kindling and that is very useful.

Boosting your faith to 12 and getting healing is also an excellent idea. Be warned though, the healing miracle is slower (maybe 1.5 or 2 times) than drinking from the Estus Flask.

Don't horde humanity points, you need to use them. Whenever you go to a bonfire you should consume two humanity points, and then revive to human, and then kindle the flame. Also, try to beat Pinwheel (he's the boss of the skeleton area near the Firelink Shrine) as soon as you can. Once you beat Pinwheel you get the Rite of Kindling and that is very useful.

Ah, thank you for forcing me to look up what kindling does. I saw the option, and that I needed to be human to do it, but didn't know what it did. I had wondered why the bonfire at Firelink gave me 10 estus flasks instead of 5. Just so I'm clear on the steps so I don't waste any humanity, I need to use the humanity point, then reverse hollowing (which burns one more), and then I'll be human and can kindle the flame?

Usually when I die, so far, it's not for want of Estus Flasks, really. It's because I got wtfpwned by something without much chance to drink. I usually die with a flask or two on me.

Ah, thank you for forcing me to look up what kindling does. I saw the option, and that I needed to be human to do it, but didn't know what it did. I had wondered why the bonfire at Firelink gave me 10 estus flasks instead of 5. Just so I'm clear on the steps so I don't waste any humanity, I need to use the humanity point, then reverse hollowing (which burns one more), and then I'll be human and can kindle the flame?

Usually when I die, so far, it's not for want of Estus Flasks, really. It's because I got wtfpwned by something without much chance to drink. I usually die with a flask or two on me.

No problem.

You first need to use one humanity point and then reverse hollowing in the bonfire menu. Once you are back to human, use another humanity point and kindle the flame. All in all you generally end up using two humanity per bonfire.

Yeah, that'll happen a lot. I always had a hard time with the Capra Demon.

Yeah, that'll happen a lot. I always had a hard time with the Capra Demon.

Yeah, I was just talking to Ini about that fight earlier. I think that if I can beat it, I might be able to close the book on Undead Burg. I've only tried it like 3 times; hopefully I'll have a real go at it tomorrow.

Yeah, I was just talking to Ini about that fight earlier. I think that if I can beat it, I might be able to close the book on Undead Burg. I've only tried it like 3 times; hopefully I'll have a real go at it tomorrow.

Have you tried running up the stairs? I usually try and do that and then deal with the dogs.

Once you defeat the Capra Demon you'll get a key that will allow you (it's optional) to go into the Depths.

I remember playing Dark Souls a while ago on a loaned PS3 and quitting because of the Capra Demon (I think it was called, the goatman with two dogs and giant machetes?). The difficulty up until that point had been harsh but doable, this guy was just straight up unfair.

I remember playing Dark Souls a while ago on a loaned PS3 and quitting because of the Capra Demon (I think it was called, the goatman with two dogs and giant machetes?). The difficulty up until that point had been harsh but doable, this guy was just straight up unfair.

If you start with the master key you can just skip the Capra Demon ;)

On a second playthrough of The Last of Us Remastered. Doing this one on Survivor mode. About an hour inside Pittsburgh. That hunter hangout part was pretty difficult with limited ammo but pulled through on the first go.

If you start with the master key you can just skip the Capra Demon ;)

Or to make the fight easier go to the catacombs and kill the necromancers. Why? One of them will drop the SKull lantern which you can then trade to Snuggly for the Ring of Fog. With that when you go into the capra boss room the dogs wont see you making the fight much easier.

Archived