Sleepy Hollow v.2

Corvinus85

Nice start to the next half of the season! Getting rid of Moloch was definitely a good choice.

I enjoyed Orion, and the three-way debate about what to do with Abraham. Especially enjoyed the line "You're a horseman without an apocalypse!" Even more so in view of the later scene of Jenny complaining that she'd been forgotten about by Abby and Crane. I hereby launch the good ship Jenny/Abraham, so they can sit apart at lonely tables and drink the dregs of bitter bitter wine. Or take it via intravenous drip, in the latter's case.

Jenny was all kinds of giggity in that cocktail dress....

This show is terrific if you don't take it seriously

Yeah, I was getting a little sick of the monster-of-the-week thing they had going. I really like Ichabod though.

I actually quite liked Katrina in this episode. She was pro-active, saved the damsel in distress, and started to have meaningful argument with Crane. About Abraham again, but this time not going through the same "You're in love with him!" "No, I'm not!" tedium - instead about blood relationship vs friendship. Now they just need to give her some more coming-to-grips-with-the-modern-world type scenes, and I may like her on a less provisional basis.

The bad news is that SH isn't on next week. :angry2:

• 2 weeks later...

Crap. Those dreaded words "we're making it less serialized" which is the harbinger of death for many genres shows has been uttered by Fox.

Yep. I saw that. :bang:

If SH gets a S3, they'll apparently be moving the filming from Wilmington to Atlanta.

Plus (possibly spoilery)

Spoiler
Neil Jackson has gone to film a new show in New Zealand, so Abraham may be making his exit soon

Hawleys a waste of screen time. He's a little too convenient (he just happens to know how to defeat literally every monster known to man and happens to have all the necessary tools and weapons. And he's a douche)

Thought it dragged a bit in places. Still had some good scenes with Irving (yes!) and the Mills sisters though. Especially the zombie bullet extraction scene.

Can't imagine what kind of evidence could have turned up to exonerate Irving.

Liked the way it suggested that Katharine is having trouble adjusting to living in in an age far removed from her own, and gave her a friend who's not a love interest.

Bit worried about the next episode since it's Hawley-centric. OOTH, if there's plenty of action and black humour, it could be quite fun.

Still wonder what happened to the monster they created at the beginning of the season using Abraham's head. I mean, what's it been up to? Collecting stamps?

Thought it dragged a bit in places. Still had some good scenes with Irving (yes!) and the Mills sisters though. Especially the zombie bullet extraction scene.

Can't imagine what kind of evidence could have turned up to exonerate Irving.

Liked the way it suggested that Katharine is having trouble adjusting to living in in an age far removed from her own, and gave her a friend who's not a love interest.

Bit worried about the next episode since it's Hawley-centric. OOTH, if there's plenty of action and black humour, it could be quite fun.

Still wonder what happened to the monster they created at the beginning of the season using Abraham's head. I mean, what's it been up to? Collecting stamps?

I'm sure it's Henry's doing.

I got the impression that Abbie is slowly isolating herself and becoming more cynical. I guess it comes with the territory. (Leader syndrome.) While Crane has her back. She still has to be his guide and confidant whilst keeping a job, researching and taking on the big bad. And keeping Crane focused from time to time. When his marriage and son distract him or muddies the water - so to speak. She has to feel like she is dragging everyone up a long steep hill.

I guess that's why she was willing to team up with an Angel from purgatory. She wants a powerful ally. Some one on the same side who can take the bulk of the work. Who she doesn't have to babysit.

Still I felt this building cynicism and hardness coming from her in the last 2 episodes more than the rest of the show. I have a feeling it's leading down a bad path.

So was this Solomon Kent made up or was he a real person? I couldn't find any references about him. I think he was made up by the writers, and what's worse, they took the image of Solomon Kane, the badass demon hunter that Robert E. Howard created, and turned it evil.

Thought it was sub par. Liked Irving, liked Henry,liked Crane learning about marketing. That was about it.

I don't want Katrina to 'go evil'. To me that's a cop out. It's the writers caving into pressure from the Crane/Abby fans. Katrina isn't a popular character, but there are better ways to get rid of her without going for 'so she turns to the dark side from the lure of power!' I still hope they won't go down that route.

Interested to see what Henry actually wants now that Moloch is gone.

No Jenny this episode. Weep, weep, weep.

ETA: There was a nice Abby-Irving conversation in their local too. Now I think about it, there was quite a lot I liked about the episode, outside of the main story. Which had some potential, but suffered badly from being forced into a monster-of-the-week-seeking-the-McGuffin straightjacket. I liked the idea of a spell that lets you travel into the past, and it's something I hope to see Crane/Katrina/Abraham/Henry tempted with in future.

Archived