Sleepy Hollow v.2

Corvinus85

No one else here watched the latest episode?

Thought it wasn't terribly bad. But it was still quite bad, to be honest. I liked the new journalist character and hope he's recurring. Much more interesting than Hawley IMO.

But it was let down by the dilemma that occupied the final third of the story, about whether to blow up the secret chamber or risk the monsters getting out. The monsters were about as threatening as play-dough bunnies, and Crane/Abbey appeared to be killing dozens of them armed with just a crossbow and a revolver.

The Irving/Jenny conversation was worth watching, but I wish they'd made more of the heist idea. It could've been more fun than it was.

Ratings have fallen to the lowest yet, apparently. I fear SH is not long for this world.

I'm also baffled by the supposed narrow options that Crane and Abbie had. It seemed like time could have been on their side. They went in and out of the area a few times. In the meantime quickly discovering a few of these creatures weaknesses. In my estimation they could have sealed the one entrance/exist until they found a way to clear it. They could have enlisted the help of Jenny for fire power. Katrina for magical back up. Or even putting a glamour on the entrance so it can't be found by anyone.

In theory. Let's say they had no choice. Like they think they do. And the reality is they absolutely have to blow the place. They had time to shoot the breeze with a magical hologram. But not.. grab what could have been the most pertinent information. Say the box of scrolls and books. They have a sentient source of information. who could have helped point them in the right direction.

I have a feeling it's not all actually gone.

I'm not sure how I feel about Katrina going dark side. It's obvious that they are separating the relationship between Katrina and Ichabod. She is most often left behind. Socially and in their efforts. I think the couple has kissed once and that was to create a diversion.

But I'm most sad about Irving. I guess what this episode tells us is there is a glimmer of hope that he could be saved.. Maybe. Hopefully.

I think that Abbie

is probably herself the person she thinks is her ancestor turned to stone, and Ichabod will unstone her centuries after she deliberately looks the gorgon in the face. Also, there was a reason Katrina's coven turned on her, but I don't recall if we got it first season -- did they know she turned evil and actually were good themselves? If Katrina inhabiting her original body or are there two Katrinas running around? I don't expect the time paradoxes to make sense. Just nod your head and enjoy the ride.

I think that Abbie

is probably herself the person she thinks is her ancestor turned to stone, and Ichabod will unstone her centuries after she deliberately looks the gorgon in the face. Also, there was a reason Katrina's coven turned on her, but I don't recall if we got it first season -- did they know she turned evil and actually were good themselves? If Katrina inhabiting her original body or are there two Katrinas running around? I don't expect the time paradoxes to make sense. Just nod your head and enjoy the ride.

I think you are dead on

regarding Abby and the Statue

I think that Abbie

I agree too. It didn't click with me while watching the episode. But now you mention it. That totally feels like where it's going.

Cool, I'll try one more prediction. After Abby comes back from Pylea I imagine there will be a muggle vs witch war going on in Sleepy Hollow. Hopefully that librarian supports Ichabod and Abby. I don't at all remember how they know her and why are they speaking so frankly about Ichabod being from the past in front of her.

Anybody wondering if Jenny was powered up by the Bell?

They definitely ended that season unsure of whether they were getting renewed. Those last two episodes were really, really good though, even though I saw a lot of problems stemming from the 18-ep runtime. Katrina's switch to evil could've been a lot better paced, too, imo, but it wasn't terrible. I'd watch S3.

I'm a little sad they wrapped that up as quickly as they did, the alt-timeline thing could've been a lot of fun. Still, not a bad season (and possibly show) finale.

It was a good last episode either way. I also hope for a Season 3.

I wonder if they knew if they would have another season, if they would have spent more time in the past. I still think the statue thing was dead on.

definitely. They didn't want to potentially leave their show on a terrible cliffhanger.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived