Is Jon Snow dead? [POLL]

Salafi Stannis

My problem with unJon is not that he would be "changed" - Beric turned out okay at the very least the first time. It's the "oh, come the fuck on" factor.

UnCat was dead for 3 days, UnBeric kept coming back, since Jon warged ghost his consciousness never died... he'll still be Jon... but merged with Ghost he won't be so whiny when he comes back.... Which I think is necessary for him to become AA... The boy will have been killed and the MAN will be (re)BORN....

I can't wait for a Jon who doesn't take shit from no one... that is if that's what's to come... no one can say for sure till WOW comes out.... and it's gonna be good!

No, he's not dead. There wouldn't be a cliffhanger. Like someone else said, i think there will be a bloodbath at the wall. There might be people against jon, but i guess he also has some "allies", like Tormund and maybe Melisandre an Wun Wun. And don't forget stannis.

There will be a battle about control of castle black, and then in the moment of chaos the others come...

Thats my guess.

No, he's not dead. There wouldn't be a cliffhanger. Like someone else said, i think there will be a bloodbath at the wall. There might be people against jon, but i guess he also has some "allies", like Tormund and maybe Melisandre an Wun Wun. And don't forget stannis.

There will be a battle about control of castle black, and then in the moment of chaos the others come...

Thats my guess.

I like your idea of The Others finally coming amidst the chaos at The Wall. I can see Jon "coming back" just in time to defend it.

If someone is dead, there is nothing open-ended about it. You don't have a cliffhanger only to send the guy over the cliff. Robb was unambiguously dead, just like Ned was. If Jon is actually unambiguously dead, there's no reason to be vague about it. Whereas every single time a person's fate has ended up on a note of ambiguity (Davos, Arya, Brienne, off the top of my head), the person has actually survived.

Remember something else GRRM has said: Jon's gong to find out who his parents are, which is difficult to accomplish if he's actually dead.

I guess you're in the "Quentyn Martell isn't actually dead" camp? His last POV ends with basically "holy sh*t Dragons, cliffhanger" and then he's dead in the next POV at the same location. Remember, ADWD wasn't supposed to end where it did. It's entirely possible there's a Melisandre POV that was pushed to TWOW that confirms Jon's death in the way that Barristan's POV confirms Quentyn's.

I guess you're in the "Quentyn Martell isn't actually dead" camp? His last POV ends with basically "holy sh*t Dragons, cliffhanger" and then he's dead in the next POV at the same location. Remember, ADWD wasn't supposed to end where it did. It's entirely possible there's a Melisandre POV that was pushed to TWOW that confirms Jon's death in the way that Barristan's POV confirms Quentyn's.

Barristan's POV confirmed Quentyn's death in the same goddamn book. So, yeah, not the same thing. It's also "entirely possible" that it's actually Jon's resurrection (or recovery) that was moved to the next book in order to make it more of a cliffhanger.

And again, Jon can't find out who his parents are if he's dead.

I can get over people who want Jon to be dead. That's their opinion and they're entitled to it. But I cannot fathom anyone saying with a straight face that they actually think he is dead.

He's dead like Robb before him. Let's see. Freaked out Direwolf? Check. About to embark on a mission to recapture Winterfell? Check. Killed by assassins? Check. Surrounded by hostiles? Check. Stick Ghost's head on his body, he's done. And to all the people who hold to GRRM's cryptic "you think he's dead do you?" (which is just him trying to keep it open ended until TWOW comes out) and believe that Jon will be king. Remember something else GRRM has said: kings don't get POV's.

Quote please... also Jon is still a bastard at this point and I believe his point in the story is he'll help defeat the Others... I doubt he'll be king... Completely different topic there.

Barristan's POV confirmed Quentyn's death in the same goddamn book. So, yeah, not the same thing. It's also "entirely possible" that it's actually Jon's resurrection (or recovery) that was moved to the next book in order to make it more of a cliffhanger.

And again, Jon can't find out who his parents are if he's dead.

I can get over people who want Jon to be dead. That's their opinion and they're entitled to it. But I cannot fathom anyone saying with a straight face that they actually think he is dead.

*looks around, scared*

How do you know what face people type with?

Quote please... also Jon is still a bastard at this point and I believe his point in the story is he'll help defeat the Others... I doubt he'll be king... Completely different topic there.

Not everyone believes he is a bastard.

And there is some foreshadowing for Jon being king.

Archived