Which characters are most likely to disappoint their fans

Crow's eye in the sky

Sansa

Arya

Sansa has really high expectations for her, and I can't see her living up to them.

Arya has a high ceiling as well, but also a much lower floor. She could become one of the darkest characters by the end, although I still have hopes for her redemption.

I can also see some of the Jon and Dany fans being disappointed for the same reason as Sansa.

Another person I think will disappoint is (f) Aegon. His fans are under the impression that he will sit on the Iron Throne but I doubt that. I think him and the Golden Company are gonna make a ruckus, take Storms End and the the rest of the Stormlands, ultimately however Arianne will discover he's not a real Targaryen and his plans will unravel. The Golden Company will be defeated in the field probably by Randyl Tarly or someone like that and than he will either die or take on a lesser role. I just cant see him winning the Throne. Especially since the show chose to cut him.

Another person I think will disappoint is (f) Aegon. His fans are under the impression that he will sit on the Iron Throne but I doubt that. I think him and the Golden Company are gonna make a ruckus, take Storms End and the the rest of the Stormlands, ultimately however Arianne will discover he's not a real Targaryen and his plans will unravel. The Golden Company will be defeated in the field probably by Randyl Tarly or someone like that and than he will either die or take on a lesser role. I just cant see him winning the Throne. Especially since the show chose to cut him.

I think he will at some point, it just won't be permanent. And quite a few people think Tarly will defect from the Tyrells to Aegon's side. "Friends in the Reach" and all that.

I think he will at some point, it just won't be permanent. And quite a few people think Tarly will defect from the Tyrells to Aegon's side. "Friends in the Reach" and all that.

Hmm thats an interesting idea but aren't the Tarly's the Tyrell's most loyal bannerman? Also do we really have enough time for the Throne to switch hold two more times? Thats a lot to wrap up in 2-3 books especially with the others and all. I personally always liked the idea of Aegon getting a dragon and then him and Dany getting into a fight over control over the seven kingdoms with a final battle with both of them on Dragons. However if he was that important the show would not have cut him.

See, I'm a shameless Jon fangirl, and the darkness would never disappoint me. It's about time for Jon to stop being the boy. Buck up, son, and burn those SOBs!

Well depending on how dark he gets in the last few books I'd say Jon.

I'm betting on the big disappointment being for Stannis fans. There are things I love about Stannis (ok, mostly because Davos loves him), but there's no way he's going to sit the IT. And the worst thing is, that would disappoint Davos...I can practically feel the hearts breaking as I think of it!

I don't know who will disappoint their fans, but I know who will definitely disappoint their anti-fans: Dany. Many of her haters have really ludicrous, borderline delusional ideas that GRRM is writing her to be a villain, mad evil queen, just a red herring, etc. Yeah, right.

Or more likely Sansa, when she's wrapped aroud Littlefinger's little finger. (pardon the pun)

You got that one backwards.

Anyone getting too "emotionally involved" with a single character in ASOAIF will be sorely disapointed imo. Some will change, others will die, but I doubt many "fandoms" will be spared disapointments.

You'd think Ned and Robb were enough of a lesson. Even though the last two books were relatively lenient on many POV characters, what's to come will likely be... Oh my, I can't find any words, I just remember how GRRM's eyes twinkle whenever he talks of surprising the readers.

Archived