Worst character on TV

Pikachu101

Don't ask me why or how I saw this, but the character Ariana Grande plays on that Disney show (I think it's Disney) has the most obnoxious voice. If you have the stomach for it -- YouTube it.

Is it as annoying as Carly from iCarly?

Seriously, I used to have to watch/sit in a room with a lot of these sorts of shows while I was babysitting my neighbour's kids a few years ago, and iCarly would have been by far the most tolerable of the bunch, and actually quite funny sometimes- except for the main character's voice being as pleasant as a blade in the ear.

Is there anyone on the Big Bang theory who isn't terribly written? Fuck I hate that show.

Speaking of whole-cast failures, everyone apart from Don (and maybe Olivia Munn's character in parts) in The Newsroom is also terrible and incredibly irritating.

Is it as annoying as Carly from iCarly?

Seriously, I used to have to watch/sit in a room with a lot of these sorts of shows while I was babysitting my neighbour's kids a few years ago, and iCarly would have been by far the most tolerable of the bunch, and actually quite funny sometimes- except for the main character's voice being as pleasant as a blade in the ear.

Is there anyone on the Big Bang theory who isn't terribly written? Fuck I hate that show.

Speaking of whole-cast failures, everyone apart from Don (and maybe Olivia Munn's character in parts) in The Newsroom is also terrible and incredibly irritating.

Haha I've never seen iCarly. I don't like Big Bang either, but like you I've been coerced into the situation of watching a shit show. :stillsick:

seriously!! I don't wanna get all funny but I am sure it has to do with unconcious sexism on some level as they just see her as the "annoying, naggy wife" as if walt is any better (in fact is 1000 x worse and is a terrible human being) whereas her only real massive fault was telling people about walt's cancer without his permission.

Some of the problems with Skyler might be unconscious sexism.

But.

An even larger reason is that her character -- in the beginning -- solely exists as a huge obstacle to the protagonist. And an uninteresting one that is not developed outside of her nagging relationship.

If a woman was the criminal protagonist of a show and the husband existed solely as a clueless nag, I guarantee you people would be not like HIM either.

I think they kind of failed her character there. Nothing about her is developed for us to sympathize with her. We don't get her real struggles or the things about her that are likeable and worthy. When finally she does discover Walt's duplicity, her response is rather pathetic.

I don't believe that the creators of the show WANTED us to empathize greatly with Skyler, and if they did they failed massively.

Some of the problems with Skyler might be unconscious sexism.

But.

An even larger reason is that her character -- in the beginning -- solely exists as a huge obstacle to the protagonist. And an uninteresting one that is not developed outside of her nagging relationship.

If a woman was the criminal protagonist of a show and the husband existed solely as a clueless nag, I guarantee you people would be not like HIM either.

except male characters generally aren't written in this way whereas SO MANY female characters are. Watched This is 40 the other day where there is yet again another example of this.

I think BB is a fantastic television show but they could have done so much better for Skylar.

except male characters generally aren't written in this way whereas SO MANY female characters are. Watched This is 40 the other day where there is yet again another example of this.

I think BB is a fantastic television show but they could have done so much better for Skylar.

None of the female characters were very well written on BB imo. Jane and Andrea were ok, but their roles were too small to really flesh them out. I never really found Skylar annoying (more just kinda meh), Marie on the other hand.....

I thought Marie was a fantastic character. And she was a bit annoying, but that's okay. Annoying is much better than bland. I liked the way the writers took her quite simple kleptomaniac characterisation in S1 and deepened it - much like they did with Hank, who starts off seeming rather bluff and dimly macho, and through the later seasons his decency comes out. She's still highly-strung and grating, but you get to see her attempts at kindness at the same time.

A much better character than Andrea, who didn't really have much to individualize her. She was an appendage to Jesse and Brock, and she was nice. That's about it.

I didn't care for either of the Schrader's tbh.

BB Spoiler:

I nearly cried when Hank died! He and Jesse were the only characters I was rooting for. Which I guess is the point - everyone else is so easy to hate.

Archived