I don't understand this younger generation...

MisterOJ

I do have a confession, I like watching the Angry Video Game Nerd, but his shows are short and are more just reviews of old school games than watching someone play an entire game out. Though there are the longer James and Mike ones where they do play out older games and comment throughout, still it's edited. I guess that's a nostalgia hook on this idea. It's also only been recently, within the last 6-8 months, that I started to find all these videos.

Minecraft is a lot of fun and I can imagine sometimes having to look up how to do something on the internet. What I don't like is that I used to be able to look a quick, written explanation that took 15-30 seconds to read, and now I have to watch a five video of a guy with an annoying voice with 3 minutes of introduction that it's not worth trying to skip over.

In the anime Sword Art Online, one of the major plot reveals comes with the line "Nothing is more boring than watching other people play RPGs"

Damn kids these days.

Oh yeah, was looking up how to do something with windows yesterday. Only videos of people with dulll voices and crappy taste in music blathing on for minutes. Written frigging instruction would have been so much quicker.

Oh and adverts with sound on other websites drive me nuts, usually have a few windows open so I ethier have to search through them, or kill my speakers.

Those Paradox grand strategy games are my favorite LPs to watch, yeah. I have very little interest in playing them myself but I'll watch someone who's actually good at them play for hours.

Yup. Paradox for long-term campaigns. Creative Assembly for short online battles.

I'd rather see someone post videos daily than spool up the engines and actually try to forge the American tribes into a force capable of resisting the European steamroll.

If you use some parental control option in settings I don't see problem.

Is funny when Little Jax stumbles across toy reviews in Japanese though!

And confession time: I still don't know what Minecraft is really. How to get to it, let alone play.

And confession time: I still don't know what Minecraft is really. How to get to it, let alone play.

I'm with you there. I watch quite a few of the Let's Play videos, but I have zero idea what minecraft is about.

I'm with you there. I watch quite a few of the Let's Play videos, but I have zero idea what minecraft is about.

There is no plot. Player can do whatever he wants to do: build what he wants, travel etc.

There also thousands mods. Personally I recommend " Lord of the rings mod" "Westeroscraft bricks" and "game of thrones" mod.

The only time I watch Let's Plays is for games where I can't figure out from the written reviews what the gameplay actually is like. So I watch a few minutes of an LP to get some sense of that; usually with the volume turned off.

I used to love watching my Dad play video games and would sit and watch for hours as he talked me through everything, occasionally with him letting me ''have a go' haha. But I don't like Let's Plays on youtube and why is the person making the video always really really annoying??? If I am thinking of buying a game on steam sales I will watch a few minutes of one but it's more out of necessity than pleasure lol.

Archived