Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

And Melisandre will probably try something on Jon.

https://gfycat.com/WhoppingNimbleKiskadee Ahem...(Abyss's best gif so far, I must say, biased as I am on the subject).

Can't decide if she making eye contact with someone or not. Hmm. Further study is required.

(Yes, naseridrl, this once I'll use my newfound linking ability for evil. Though in fairness IT IS on topic).

As per the earlier KL spec, Allon Sylvain's Foreign Merchant is in ep. 503 btw, so I guess the whole purging immorality in the capitol montage will be then, not 504. This lends more credence to SoManyVows spec. and less to mine.

So then the major events for King's Landing:

Episode 1: Maggy the Frog Prophecy, Tywin's Funeral

Episode 2: Sending Jaime to Dorne, Tommen and Margaery's Wedding

Episode 3: High Sparrow Intro, Purging Immorality Montage

Episode 4: Littlefinger in the capital, Loras arrested

Episode 5: Dat Trashed Whorehouse, Margaery arrested

Episode 6: Cersei seeing Qyburn's experiments

Episode 7: Cersei visits Margaery, Cersei arrested

Episode 8: Cersei and Margaery fight in Black Cells, Cersei's letter to Jaime

Episode 10: Walk of Shame, Kevan and Pycelle's deaths

anyone else feel that the KL storyline with no taena, no kettleblacks and now the possibility of the high septon not being murdered at all might just make the storyline be a little boring on the show?? at least compared to cersei's AFFC chapters anyways.

Nah. Cersei was the character that made it entertaining. Honestly, Taena and the Kettleblacks would have probably made it less entertaining for me.

Nah. Cersei was the character that made it entertaining. Honestly, Taena and the Kettleblacks would have probably made it less entertaining for me.

Well of course, my main point is that cersei being less sexual and less scheming will make it more boring, and taena, the kettleblacks and murdering the high septon were all parts of that.....parts that have been cut from the show

A celebration would almost surely be the burning of the tower. Undermining the Tyrells is a scheme.

And I really hope we don't see Qyburn's experiments. It's more creepy hearing him talk about it and not knowing what exactly is going on.

Well of course, my main point is that cersei being less sexual and less scheming will make it more boring, and taena, the kettleblacks and murdering the high septon were all parts of that.....parts that have been cut from the show

I'm sure that she'll still have a lot of scheming to do, and Cersei's sex life was never that interesting or entertaining to me personally.

My biggest dread for Cersei's storyline is that she won't get a lot of screentime when she's in captivity.

It's not really about season 5 but I would like to know your opinion about this:

Do Team Cersei and Littlefinger know what a nutcase Ramsay really is or did Roose manage to keep details under cover and he is just perceived as a legitimized bastard, heir to Roose?

I'm pretty sure LF would know what type of person Ramsay is...not sure about Cersei, I don't think she'd care (she thinks bastards and such are beneath her). Neither of them would care what a monster he is and just discuss him/treat him with courtesy I would think.

@larastone I'd actually like to see some fire for Cersei too...this is the season for her to do it. More fire and more crazy

I know there are heaps of storylines for ep 9 but i'm not exactly sold on the idea KL will be skipped

I don't think Cersei thinks about the North a whole lot or the Boltons, alienarea, except for wondering, "Why haven't they killed Stannis yet?" LF would know likely (since he engineered the fArya business in part) but I doubt he'll ever meet Rams so I doesn't matter too much.

@ Roose is Azor Ahai, Konradsmith:

I don't want to open that Sansa goes to Winterfell discussion again but in the tv show Littlefinger didn't engineer fArya (yet?) so nobody seems to know what a psycho Ramsay is.

As the tv show has to streamline the books, I wonder whether Ramsay becomes Harry the Heir, fArya is dropped along with the Pink Letter thus Jon gets hardhomed, Mance burns for real and Theon kills Ramsay when Stannis besieges Winterfell, shortcutting the battle of ice?

I don't buy the Sansa-going-to-WF business. It needs a helluva lot more evidence to be at all convincing. And I'm not so sure Ramsay's doomed either. I agree that a great deal will be streamlined for the show, particularly with faked deaths, fake identities etc. but I don't think it will be in the more elaborate ways people have theorized.

Archived