Cricket 26: Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis and... Irish, oh my

Zoë Sumra

At one point I thought I would get to see the entire Scottish innings before going to bed. Doesn't look like it now. :dunno: I'd be happier about this match if I'd not picked Nathan McCullum in the fantasy league, or at least if I could replace him right now with an Afghan player...

Good fightback by Scotland to reach 142. But I can't see NZ having a hard time reaching that total. The main question is whether NZ can get there really fast to give them a high NRR.

Guptill just got himself out with a rush of blood after consecutive 4s. McCullum probably doesn't need to advice Williamson to keep a cool head, but still. Even though a target looks easy to reach in quick time the most important thing is securing the win and no trowing wickets away. But damn! I forgot to change my captain for the game so I won't get any double points. :tantrum:

Well that's the last bloody time bloody I say bloody NZ has a bloody straight bloody forward bloody run chase!

At this rate Ronchi will get me the most points for my league team because he got a stumping. He can't even get me a not out to add to his points. Though I think as I picked him as just a whicket-keeper I maybe don't get any points from his batting efforts. In this case that would be a good thing since he'd be giving me negative points.

What an effing shambles.

Good bowling effort from Scotland. NZ nearly stuffed that up, trying to quickly end the game.

Huh strange that NZ are playing again and the Aussies get a week off lol this schedule is wrecked

True NZ play 3 games in 7 days and Australia get a week off now but they play 3 games in 8 days later on in the tournament.

Good bowling effort from Scotland. NZ nearly stuffed that up, trying to quickly end the game.

True NZ play 3 games in 7 days and Australia get a week off now but they play 3 games in 8 days later on in the tournament.

Ah your right i read the pools wrong

I'm not sure after that start to their innings that I'd have expected Scotland to only lose by three wickets, New Zealand's batting seemed a bit over-confident. It was always going to be a really tough match to start the World Cup with for Scotland but at least in Machan and Berrington's batting and managing to take 7 wickets they might have something to work with for some of the weaker opponents like Bangladesh or England. Their Australia match could be painful, though.

Second to seventh in the course of one match! Bloody hell, how many Afghans and Bangladeshis did you lot have?

At the time I had Shakib Al Hasan as Captain (lots of points) as well as Tamim Iqbal (didn't do much) and Hasan for Afghanistan (got a few points).

Captain Al Hasan to the rescue of the Irish Stumpers. Have only just realised you can change your captain for every game...

It does help a lot. If you get the right player then the extra points can make a huge difference.

Archived