Gotham TV (Vol. 2)

Quoth

I thought this episode was pretty decent; there was a lot of warped humor that I found enjoyable. The case of the week of the moving Red Hood was fun to watch, though I continue to think that they are wasting Donal Logue. He is more than a one liner kind of actor. Gordon was more engaging in this episode than he has been in awhile; the actor didn't seem bored.

Holy crap, Fish. WTF was that? That was all sorts of messed up.

I'm glad they did more with Alfred this week than "I am only here cause it's Batman and I am required to be..." Good to see them explore the skeletons in Alfred's closet.

The less I say about Barbara and the Dynamic Orphan Duo the better. EXCEPT, did anyone else get some Cersei and Sansa feelings from the whole "beauty is your weapon!" speech?

The writers surely know everyone hates Barbara, so they decide to make her a borderline paedophile as well?

Why was that guy so upset about losing her eyes? He loses one pair of eyes, he has hundreds downstairs! Just kill Fish and be done with it.

Oh and as far as overarching plotlines Dollmaker is cool enough that I'm ok with that. And glad it's not (as it briefly seemed) a League joint.

Wayne Manor needs a better security system. Bruce buddy at least get one of those signs to put in the yard. Seriously this kid's parents were just murdered shoudln't he have more then one bodyguard?

And be tranported to a better climate. Why is it always thundering ang lightning at the Manor. did Bruce piss off Thor?

I thought this episode was pretty decent; there was a lot of warped humor that I found enjoyable. The case of the week of the moving Red Hood was fun to watch, though I continue to think that they are wasting Donal Logue. He is more than a one liner kind of actor. Gordon was more engaging in this episode than he has been in awhile; the actor didn't seem bored.

Holy crap, Fish. WTF was that? That was all sorts of messed up.

I'm glad they did more with Alfred this week than "I am only here cause it's Batman and I am required to be..." Good to see them explore the skeletons in Alfred's closet.

The less I say about Barbara and the Dynamic Orphan Duo the better. EXCEPT, did anyone else get some Cersei and Sansa feelings from the whole "beauty is your weapon!" speech?

WTF doesn't even begin to describe it. Now that's one brilliant plan, ya got there, honey. "Fuck with me and... and... I'll blind myself! Yeah! That's what I'll do!" But, from here on, she probably gets to wear a kick ass eye patch. Likely something with sequins and matching pumps. Very tasteful. And I spent too much time trying to pretzle twist "fisheye" into some clever remark. Alas, I was unsuccessful.

The writers surely know everyone hates Barbara, so they decide to make her a borderline paedophile as well?

Why was that guy so upset about losing her eyes? He loses one pair of eyes, he has hundreds downstairs! Just kill Fish and be done with it.

Oh and as far as overarching plotlines Dollmaker is cool enough that I'm ok with that. And glad it's not (as it briefly seemed) a League joint.

Indeed. For that matter, as it seemed to be where the organ theives were headed all along, so why bother giving her a shower and and clean clothes? They were concerned about an infection? Just rip the damn eyes out and toss her back downstairs. (BTW, was that supposed to be some section of Arkham? I'm confuzzled.)

And Barbara. Holy crap... Barbara... Nice smackdown line by Selina (I got more of a Cersei/Margaery vibe from the interaction, in toto). More fuel to the fire lit by her seeing James with the Doc? Could it lead to Barbara becoming a super villianess? Stay tuned for more exciting episodes! Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!

I loved the revolving door of the Red Hood.

Reminded me of the beginning of Dark Knight.

"I need a danish." "If I didn't drink it, forensics would've."

And Alfred? Damn, Reggie. That was cold.

I'm struggling to understand what Fish's goal was. Is her plan to show how badass she is? I'm not sure how that will contribute to her saving herself. Her eyes, while pretty, aren't priceless relics which she can hold hostage. Her leverage was the fact that she was organizing the prisoners. She removed herself from her seat of power. Her strength was based on a foundation of the others sacrificing themselves to protect her. There is nothing keeping Dollmaker from offing her now...she's alone.

I suppose I can see it. I interpreted that moment as her trying to get out of the situation. If you just view it as her doing it because she wanted to go out on her terms, I can see it. Naturally, it'll contribute to her saving herself, somehow, though.

I'm struggling to understand what Fish's goal was. Is her plan to show how badass she is? I'm not sure how that will contribute to her saving herself. Her eyes, while pretty, aren't priceless relics which she can hold hostage. Her leverage was the fact that she was organizing the prisoners. She removed herself from her seat of power. Her strength was based on a foundation of the others sacrificing themselves to protect her. There is nothing keeping Dollmaker from offing her now...she's alone.

It is utter bullshit, but the way the guy screamed in frustration implies this will be the key to her getting out somehow. No matter how much it defies logic.

Looking forward to the Dollmaker proper, he seems like he can go in many directions. I'd personally love to see a live action version of the psychotic surgeon from Bioshock, but this might be a tad too gruesome for the show.

I liked the case of the week, but that was it for the entire episode.

1. Bruce Wayne is a billionaire in a crime infested city and has no security whatsoever?

2. Fish popping out her eye. I knew she was doing it because the Dr. wanted her "pair" of eyes, since his customer likely will not want a mismatched set. Still, there just happens to be a spoon there and she just pops it out and stands there? Killing me

The problem with the show for me is I like half, but dislike half. I want to get into it and just struggling. And yes, Cersie and Maergery for sure. Sansa would have smiled and put the dress on, but Maergery was already smarter than that.

1. Bruce Wayne is a billionaire in a crime infested city and has no security whatsoever?

2. Fish popping out her eye. I knew she was doing it because the Dr. wanted her "pair" of eyes, since his customer likely will not want a mismatched set. Still, there just happens to be a spoon there and she just pops it out and stands there? Killing me

The eyes I think would have been used by the Dollmaker personally.

I liked the case of the week, but that was it for the entire episode.

The problem with the show for me is I like half, but dislike half. I want to get into it and just struggling. And yes, Cersie and Maergery for sure. Sansa would have smiled and put the dress on, but Maergery was already smarter than that.

Wasn't she just served tea? So there would be a spoon there. I liked that scene.

I also like the Bruce parts quite a bit this episode. And Barbara needs to crawl into a dark hole somewhere and never come out.

I am worried for Albert. I know he'll be okay but still...

I didn't understand the Fish/spoon/eyeball situation. Why would she leave the basement? Why would she leave her protection and go upstairs? That made no sense to me.

Archived