TTTNE 452: The Spam Ball.

N/A

Ha! What I love about this thread is how random conversations spawn other conversations. We're actually talking about Einstein up in here, just because I used him as an example in my "what if" scenario complaining about smart phones.

I love the "what if" game, by the way. Unfortunately in some other threads in this forum...due to all the theories out there, the "what if" game can get kind of ridiculous. But sometimes it's fun to get ridiculous.

I realized too late that my spawn was not ready for computer/kindle/apps.

So I have hidden most of the technology until he matures a bit. Which means lots of outdoor play and crafts and such. Subsequently that means no moments of rest for me. At all. Ever.

It is sooooo tempting to let technology entertain your child and take some of the burden off of you. But in our case it's not gonna work like that.

I remember being little and wondering why grown ups were always sitting. Always. They never wanted to play or have fun. I never understood what was so great about sitting.

Now that I'm a grown up, all I want to do is just sit for a freaking second. Just. Let. Me. Sit. In. Peace. For. 5. Minutes!!!

Funny how things change.

Good for you Lady O, responsible parenting is a rare trait these days :D

That hasn't happened to me in a long time. I think it might be a stupid way of flirting/teasing (which would explain why it hasn't happened in a long time :P )

Why do they think we like being teased about what we want? Are they really that dumb? Or does it make them feel powerful? Like they have all the control in this situation? Which is also dumb, since you have the ability to walk out

I think its likely a way to relieve the tedium of their work actually. So maybe I should be more tolerant, its really no different to me making small talk when I was working in Primark

People who shop in Primark can talk? :o

People who shop in Primark can talk? :o

Well, it was the one in Newcastle.There likely wouldnt be time in the Oxford street stores and.whatnot

Also, people in London talk?! :o

eta: oops, misread. Well, sort of guttural grunts ;)

I really have no idea why they do this. I actually like talkative waiters and I'm totally into getting into small talk with them. I think a polite small talk really enhances the quality of the service it makes the guest feel catered for. And why would I not want to talk to a nice person? However, in my humble opinion, making dumbass jokes about not getting the orders right does not fall into the category of polite small talk. :dunno: maybe it's just me.

No idea, but I miss her posting too.

So I should actually start doing something for school after a weekend of being lazy and watching Vikings. But I am still lazy and want to procrastinate. <_<

*yawn*

So that is about all (nothing) I have to say.

So I should actually start doing something for school after a weekend of being lazy and watching Vikings. But I am still lazy and want to procrastinate. <_<

Who are these Vikings you speak of and why were you watching them?

No idea, but I miss her posting too.

*yawn*

So that is about all (nothing) I have to say.

I'm still surrounded by sick people, so I am working away. So much for my "I'll have 2 weeks where I don't have to work all the time!" :rolleyes:

I might take the bus over to my nanna's house later to check on her though.

Not watched Vikings yet. It can join the ever growing "to-watch" pile I guess

HC, these Vikings, I assume

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EgHHa8ypVI

(I can't edit my posts very easily right now, for some reason. It's my internet connection keeps saying the connection was lost, when it clearly wasn't :angry: )

Nice trailer.

I was wondering where the longships were when they finally appeared half way through. Glad they lost Wagner's horns on the helms.

You're home in Newcastle if I'm following correctly? What's the weather doing outside? Here it's barely above freezing and the snow is continuing to slowly melt. The backyard has finally started to reappear. I'm hopeful that by next weekend it will be all gone except for the big snow piles.

Nice trailer.

I was wondering where the longships were when they finally appeared half way through. Glad they lost Wagner's horns on the helms.

You're home in Newcastle if I'm following correctly? What's the weather doing outside? Here it's barely above freezing and the snow is continuing to slowly melt. The backyard has finally started to reappear. I'm hopeful that by next weekend it will be all gone except for the big snow piles.

Yeah, it looks good. I'll get around to watching it sometime.

Yes I am home (it's not...really Newcastle by the way. It's sort of a little place that is roughly midway between Durham Newcastle and Sunderland, but saying Newcastle is always the safer bet because more people know where that is). Weather is weird, it's patchy sunshine with a fairly cold wind at times. The UK had a very mild winter really, and not just in comparison to the U.S. I'm amazed you still have snow. It's almost April! :o That is a weird thought. The garden here is getting close to the stage where something can be done with it. Once it's dried out a little we'll be able to cut the grass, which always makes it look tidier. First cut of the year. I imagine I won't be able to do anything more till I am back again in May

I managed to write a few lines for this school thingy ... I got that I guess? :wacko: Trip to the city to rob the library was postponed till tomorrow.

Who are these Vikings you speak of and why were you watching them?

These. ;) And because they are entertaining, of course.

Yeah, it looks good. I'll get around to watching it sometime.

You should and also share your thoughts. :)

I hope that your family gets better, all of them. So you will be able to enjoy some of the holidays together.

Archived