TTTNE 452: The Spam Ball.

N/A

Yeah, it looks good. I'll get around to watching it sometime.

Yes I am home (it's not...really Newcastle by the way. It's sort of a little place that is roughly midway between Durham Newcastle and Sunderland, but saying Newcastle is always the safer bet because more people know where that is). Weather is weird, it's patchy sunshine with a fairly cold wind at times. The UK had a very mild winter really, and not just in comparison to the U.S. I'm amazed you still have snow. It's almost April! :o That is a weird thought. The garden here is getting close to the stage where something can be done with it. Once it's dried out a little we'll be able to cut the grass, which always makes it look tidier. First cut of the year. I imagine I won't be able to do anything more till I am back again in May

I should have just said, "are you still at home in the north?". I know you're not in Newcastle proper. It's quite beautiful where you are iirc.

Mrs.C was reading me a piece about this winter by a local weatherman as I made breakfast yesterday. Our February was historically cold. You have to go back to the 1970's and 1930's to find anything comparable. In the latter part of the article he went into a global comparison. Every part of the northern hemisphere that was not the eastern US was warmer than average - mostly by a lot.

So this is unusual compared to the new normal. When I was a kid in the 60's and 70's we typically still had snow on the ground - a lot in early April. My father liked to say you could count on snow being on the north side of the house (in shadow) till the first week of May. That was a slight exaggeration. I saw snow last till May 5 one time at the house where I grew up which is about 1500 meters of elevation on the north side of a hill.

Where we live now is south of there at about 600 meters.

I managed to write a few lines for this school thingy ... I got that I guess? :wacko: Trip to the city to rob the library was postponed till tomorrow.

These. ;) And because they are entertaining, of course.

You should and also share your thoughts. :)

I hope that your family gets better, all of them. So you will be able to enjoy some of the holidays together.

What are you getting from the library these days, my queen? :) Is it scholarly or fun?

What are you getting from the library these days, my queen? :) Is it scholarly or fun?

scholarly, of course. <_< I have one fun book waiting here on a shelf (the next Hobb book), but I am afraid to start reading it because there are so many other scholarly things that I need to read.

Where is Bex?

No idea, she is not reading my PMs either. I think she has some family trouble that keeps her occupied these days.

Also maid has not posted anything in a long time.

scholarly, of course. <_< I have one fun book waiting here on a shelf (the next Hobb book), but I am afraid to start reading it because there are so many other scholarly things that I need to read.

No idea, she is not reading my PMs either. I think she has some family trouble that keeps her occupied these days.

Also maid has not posted anything in a long time.

Sadly, many of the spamily are rarely seen, both old like Zar, Space Bandito, Colder Hands, Baitac, & KT I, and the newer ones as well. I miss them all. :(

I've seen Bex here and there about the forum. It's mostly just one post somewhere though, so I imagine she is limited for time when she posts. And yes, she was having difficulties with her father, she mentioned it both here and over in GenChat. I hope she is holding up okay (Bex, if you read this have a :grouphug: and a 6-pack on me...)

I miss Maid too. I noticed that she had posted in a BwB thread when I was scrolling down to the Misc. Section the other day (I was using the full site so I could see the most recent thread in each sub forum and who last posted)

I have homework! ok, I am making a jeopardy game to help my homeroom with a quiz they have first period. A much better option for them than just sitting around talking for 20 minutes ;)

neck (glands) and throat still sore, but feeling much better, over all.

:grouphug: for everyone

I'm about to head off to bed, so I can't hang around to chat much today. Thought I'd drop you all a note of appreciation though!

But I passed a big test today for my career progression! I've had so many of these lately, coming from all different directions... that for this one I just decided to wing it. They gave me a year to accomplish it, and to study...there are two parts and I just did the first part today. So I essentially had 6 months to prepare for this portion of the test. I studied for about 1.5 hours...yeah. Got an 82%. DONE! Wooot. Now I have to do the second half. Such a joke. But I hear the second one is a bit more difficult. I'm sure I'll survive.

Anyway, I'm out of here. Good night spammers! I'll be back tomorrow for more laughs.

as long as just two spammers draw breath, the spam still lives.*

* why two? You must have at least one to write & one to read. If only one, there is no witness to the spamming. And therefore no proof.

eta:

"FrankenSpammer" :lmao:

would that be like "zombiespammer" or "Dawn of the Living Spam" or "Vamspammer" - it only walks at night and sunlight will kill it? (which btw sometimes feels to be accurate.)

Archived