Where's the Next Video Games Thread?... Oh here it is.

The Anti-Targ

It is a fine ass and all that, but I don't really like her character.

It does, but lol:

"... interwoven with religious fanatacism [man burning to death], war crimes [tree hung with heaps of bodies], even racism [guy calling someone a she-elf]"

But that is racism - it is meant as an insult to her race.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for gaming-related podcasts?

Just getting into podcasts, so I'm completely green.

Preference-wise, I lean towards FIFA (probably makes up over 90 % of my playtime) and certain other sports games (boxing, NHL), turn-based strategy (Total War series, early HOMM games) and single player RPG/action games (TES series, GTA series). Don't like Angry Birds and MMORPGs.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for gaming-related podcasts?

I was going to say the Giant Bombcast, but they don't play many sports games. I kind of like Total Biscuit's co-optional podcast, but there's too much nonsense on it, and again, they don't really play sports games.

I just finished Bioshock Infinite last night. It's the first game I've finished since Diablo 2 more than ten years ago (I don't have a lot of time to play games but when I do it's usually games where I just get lost playing in the sandbox like Red Dead, Red Faction, GTA, etc).

And holy crap, what an ending. I sat there stunned for a good 10 minutes, feeling like I do when I finish a great book or movie or television show. I kind of want to play it again already.

I just finished Bioshock Infinite last night. It's the first game I've finished since Diablo 2 more than ten years ago (I don't have a lot of time to play games but when I do it's usually games where I just get lost playing in the sandbox like Red Dead, Red Faction, GTA, etc).

And holy crap, what an ending. I sat there stunned for a good 10 minutes, feeling like I do when I finish a great book or movie or television show. I kind of want to play it again already.

It really is great. Although I still kinda wish it stayed with exploring the themes/setting of Columbia rather than going the route it did, that ending could've gone with any setting and so the really great setting the game did have felt a bit wasted.

I haven't played the story DLC, but from what I've heard, they're a bit problematic, and its best to just leave the game as is and consider its ending the definite conclusion.

I wish infinite was a different game. It makes me want to explore and discover and make choices, but there are no real choices to make.

The story was great. The ending was awesome. The actual gameplay was kind of in the way.

It's definitely no deux ex mankind divided, the goty.

Infinite has a great setting, a great ending, and a great story but yeah, the gameplay is probably the weak point. It was good enough to get me through the game but not good enough that I have any real desire to replay it.

I wish infinite was a different game. It makes me want to explore and discover and make choices, but there are no real choices to make.

The story was great. The ending was awesome. The actual gameplay was kind of in the way.

It's definitely no deux ex mankind divided, the goty.

Didn't you hear? Bloodborne is the goty already.

-Dark Souls Progress Report-

I had a breakthrough with the black knights tonight. I decided to attack the one in Darkroot basin on my way to the Hydra, mostly for laughs, and I killed him pretty easily. It wasn't that hard. I had a strong desire to backtrack and kill everyone that has murdered me so far this game. But, I contented myself with the one near the top of Havel's tower. I figure I'll get the others when I happen to be close to them. I cheesed Havel last night by making him fall a lot, lol.

I went on to kill the Hydra and the Cats.

After the Cats, I came to Alvina. With the way she was crouched in a window, I thought she was a wolf there to ambush me. So, I shot her with an arrow. She ran, yelling "he's a fool, a damned fool!", which was a chilling moment. I then had to fight a quick woman with a mace. Having looked it up now, it looks like I lost the ability to join a PVP based covenant. I'm not that interested in PVP in this game, so I don't think it's a big loss, but I should be more careful in the future.

One final thing: I feel like the game is throwing loot at me right now. I barely found anything slogging through the Catacombs, but in the two Darkroot zones, I've found complete sets for hard leather armor, knight, elite knight, and a stone knight set. Right now, I'm wearing a combination of stone knight and elite knight with Mask of the Father and Havel's Ring so I can have the medium roll.

The Catacombs were a great trial, IMO. All the trash mobs I fight feel pretty easy after that place.

I was going to say the Giant Bombcast, but they don't play many sports games. I kind of like Total Biscuit's co-optional podcast, but there's too much nonsense on it, and again, they don't really play sports games.

Thanks, mate! I've heard both of those mentioned. I'll check them out.

It really is great. Although I still kinda wish it stayed with exploring the themes/setting of Columbia rather than going the route it did, that ending could've gone with any setting and so the really great setting the game did have felt a bit wasted.

I gotta agree. I wish I had taken my time now that it's over, so I could explore Columbia a little more instead of rushing through the action. I'd love to play an open sandbox of Columbia.

I couldn't redo ME series knowing how it all ends. Call me ridiculous but ME1 is my favorite from the series. I loved the sense of exploration and the story.

I'm with you, I like ME1 the best too.

Mass Effect 1 was unlike anything else I'd played. The whole feel of the game was completely unique and I found the world of it to be absolutely fascinating. Loved the other two as well from start to finish (yes, yes, the ending of 3 included), but I've rarely felt anything like what I felt exploring the galaxy for the very first time. Loved it completely.

"You shouldn't listen to him because I don't agree with him!"

I'd encourage everyone to make their own decisions about whose entertainment is worthy of their time.

I'd encourage people not to listen to a pompous ill-informed shitweasel like TB.

His WTF useful in a "completely bland and uninteresting but good for showing you what the game looks like" way though.

Archived