Is it Stannis duty to please that booty?

a) Stannis is true king because he only does his duty

B ) but what about...?

a) that was his duty because in the bigger picture it helps him be king, which is his duty.

b ) but how does...?

a) as he is true king, everything he does is therefore on behalf of his duty.

----------------------

1) Stannis kills anyone who gets in his way.

2) wrong, Stannis only kills criminals.

1) what about when he killed...?

2) they were criminals. Treason is a crime.

1) treason?

2) yes, they tried to get in Stannis' way. Stannis is the true king, so anyone who gets in his way is a traitor.

--------------------------

After a while you get used to these kinds of lines of treasoning.

Tell me one example where treason isn't involved.

The title :lol:

He definitely has a responsibility now. Before no. I'm not going to say a guy has to be forced to do something he doesn't want to do. No pun intended.

But seriously Stannis legitimizing a bastard. Wishful thinking. But would love it if Edric become Lord Edric of Storms end.

:lol: the title.

Yes, Stannis's duty is to have sex with Selyse to produce heirs. I dunno how much they know about reproduction, but having sex with your wife once every six months won't help you to have many of them. Whether he has sex with her so scarcely is due to him believing that's enough or because he doesn't like her or because he feels sex is not something he needs, we don't know.

Of course, I can imagine Renly and LF laughing every six months when it's Stannis' "time" to travel to Dragonstone.

It is his duty! And because he has been approaching the task as, well, a task, he has not been pleasing the booty which is probably why Selyse is like "hurry up and get it over with" rather than being relaxed and in the proper frame of mind to conceive the next heir. Stannis needs to put his player moves on Selyse, not his hater moves :leer:

Possibly. I think Edric's role was more about giving Stannis a moral dilemma, and Davos a character defining moment. I could see it going either way wrt Edric appearing again. :dunno:

I think the fact he has two noble parents makes it more likely he will find his way back into the novels. :dunno: I have a (completely speculative) idea that Edric will be legitimised (by whoever) and married to Shireen, to reunite the Baratheon lines from Robert and Stannis. But yeah, speculation only, no evidence.

Look at history. After the wars with the roses, Henry VII ascended the throne and had four children, Arthur, Margaret, Henry and Mary. Now, since he won the throne on the field of battle, he needs to secure the succession. He basically instills in his sons the need to produce many male heirs, in order to secure the Tudor dynasty. You'd think, having produced an heir and a spare, he'd be fine. But Arthur dies shortly after his wedding.

This puts all the pressure on Henry, who ascends the throne soon after as Henry 8th. We all know that he has multiple wives, desperately trying to secure the throne in the male line. eventually he writes into his will the male preference succession that was in effect til about a month ago, which puts his son first in line, followed by his two daughters. His children all sit the throne, but beget no heirs (Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth I)

Stannis is pretty much in the role of Henry the Eighth here. his options are to get more heirs, through multiple wives if need be, or change the laws. He doesn't even have any convenient bastards to legitimise.

Stannis or Tommen could legitimise Edric and place him last in the line of succession. Dany or Aegon could also do so in order to have a compliant Baratheon to raise the Stormlands for them

Actually I would say, if were going early modern monarchs, he sounds more or less like Elizabeth. Minus of course Shereen.

Penrose

But it could be considered treason since Storms End is the ancestral seat of house Baratheon, not Penrose. It would be equal to Willem Darry denying Targaryens access to Dragonstone.

And why shouldn't he kill him and instead waste thousands of men while storming the walls?

But it could be considered treason since Storms End is the ancestral seat of house Baratheon, not Penrose. It would be equal to Willem Darry denying Targaryens access to Dragonstone.

And why shouldn't he kill him and instead waste thousands of men while storming the walls?

Yet, it still wasn't Stannis instead he had just killed the previous owner.

Maybe, he shouldn't have been a chickenshit and accepted the duel.

The thread title haha

Yeah I think that Stannis will do his husbandly duty, one more time, it's foreshadowed.

Where is this foreshadowed?

Also, sadly, I don't think Shireen will be around for much longer. She is the "stone" from which Melisandre will raise the "dragon" (Jon Snow). I agree that Edric Storm (or -- long shot -- Gendry) will inherit Storm's End, but I doubt that the royal Baratheons will exist by the end of AWOIAF. I can only hope for a glorious -- or at least honorable -- death for the Mannis.

Stannis is so shallow! How dare he not want to have sex with his wife because she's ugly! He needs to grow up and mature and learn to appreciate Selyse and see her beautiful personality! After all, he should be grateful she's not abusing him or trying to kill him, he could be doing worse... Maybe in time he will learn to appreciate her and then they will become a perfect couple!

... yes. This is sarcasm. Just in case someone actually takes it seriously (you never know...).

Hah, what? Dude straight up led an armed resistance against his liege lord and king. He's the most clear cut traitor Stannis has ever had killed.

Stannis wasn't Penrose's liege lord or king, seeing how he never swore any oath to Stannis.

Stannis wasn't Penrose's liege lord or king, seeing how he never swore any oath to Stannis.

Most people are never going to get the chance to swear an oath to the lord/king they live under, it's physically impossible. Yet they remain their subjects and are under their authority all the same. Otherwise this would lead to ridiculous circumstances, such as the one you want this to be, where people can oppose their lieges while dancing around treason charges with "I never swore an oath haha" as if the law justified their ability to do whatever they please as long as they don't swear a personal oath. Penrose, for what it's worth, never denies his treason or tries to justify what he's doing in the manner that you have. It's an invented defense, not one that the characters would use.

Penrose was awesome but Stannis had every right to kill him.

Some dude is squatting in your ancestral home, a place that no one could legitimately say doesn't belong to you, you can kill the shit out of him.

Even by todays standards you can kill someone that wont leave your house. Its called "the castle doctrine" for a reason.

Archived