Does show Littlefinger actually care about Sansa?

Fragile Bird

Obviously, King's Landing is not Winterfell.

Sorry but that's a lie. Can you provide at least one example? I'm sure you're referencing Loras's sexuality, and it's only known by a few important persons with spies in King's Landing (Cersei, Varys, LF, Tywin and Loras's family). Cersei has no idea of who's hiding in Winterfell, and it would take weeks before she knows, and as I said before (in the post that you ignored), she couldn't do anything because she has her own problems to deal with.

No, that doesn't work like that. The Queen can't promise a lordship as a reward for a murder. That works for outlaws like Tyrion, not for Lords like Roose and his son.

No, it's miles away. And it's difficult for an army to go that far : the distance, the weather, the castles...

And I see what you're doing here. Yeah the road from KL to the North takes a few weeks and in the show it's shown to be short, so what? Do you want 10 episodes of wandering in the woods before they get there? Haven't you heard about elipsis? I will never get this type of complaints.

1.) A few: Arya knows Tywin is dead, Davos can recite the vows of the watch from memory, Brienne knows she can walk around Moat Calin, Jon knows Bran is alive, and everyone in a Volantis flop house knows what Daeny looks like (down to her blue dress).

2.) Are you saying Sansa isn't an outlaw and anyone aiding a kingslayer won't be punished? I guess Varys will just return to Kings Landing then, punishment free. Pay attention.

3.) No point made, so I'm skipping it.

Sorry to tread on your beloved show, but it has flaws, especially this season. I have another fan theory: Season 5 GOT = The Office after Michael left.

1.) A few: Arya knows Tywin is dead, Davos can recite the vows of the watch from memory, Brienne knows she can walk around Moat Calin, Jon knows Bran is alive, and everyone in a Volantis flop house knows what Daeny looks like (down to her blue dress).

Tywin was Hand of the King of Westeros, everybody knows he's dead. Cersei offered a lordship for Tyrion's head, don't you remember? It's the same in the books : even Jorah in Volantis knows that. And Arya in Braavos is not as far as Jorah. But you're right, blame that on the show and it's "plot holes"! :rolleyes:

As for Brienne, the war is over, so yeah, there's no reason why she couldn't walk around Moat Calin. Sam told Jon that he saw Bran. And Dany has been wandering in Essos for years now, leading dothrakis, freeing slaves and burning people with her dragons, she's as famous as she is in the books. You still have to explain what is the link between all this and the fact that Cersei should know that Sansa is in Winterfell 10 minutes after her arrival.

2.) Are you saying Sansa isn't an outlaw and anyone aiding a kingslayer won't be punished? I guess Varys will just return to Kings Landing then, punishment free. Pay attention.

How many times do we have to tell you that? Cersei is struggling to maintain her power, she will probably fall before she knows that. As for now, Sansa's presence in Winterfell is still unknown from Cersei. And Littlefinger is going to King's Landing, can't you wait to see what happens before complaining?

Littlefinger is constantly moving the pieces around and altering his game plan as he gleans new information. His game plan changed once he learned of Tywin's death. Who knows? it may change again. Sansa has little choice but to go along with his plan right now. Maybe he does have a tender spot for Sansa because he loved her mother but I agree that power will always trump love or friendship for LF.

When all is said and done, though, don't you think that Littlefinger, who obviously has a long memory for things, will never forgive Roose Bolton for taking part in the murder of Cat? I want to think he has a plan to bring down the Boltons here, with the idea of eventually being the hero, of course.

I believe LF's comment to Ramsay that he doesn't know him is the biggest ruse there is. Obviously LF knows who and what he is, and if he didn't see the Boltons as a threat, he does now that Roose read his r-mail and want to see his reply to the Crown.

LF always has an out - this is well played and smart. He potentially marries Sansa to Ramsay - I still don't see this happening. This move makes him look like he is siding with the Boltons, until Ramsay untimely demise....which LF is already planning (like the HtheH plot) because he knows that Sansa marrying a Bolton will outrage the Northerns...they may end up doing his dirty work for him.

LF wins on both sides...he sets up this wedding so the Boltons think he's on there side, then he turns around and tells the Northerns that he has returned a Stark to WF, which will appease the Nothern Lords. With her in place, the North can revolt and take out the Boltons.

And I won't be surprised if LF runs into Brienne and Pod and takes them up on the protecting Sansa offer as well.

Even if Cersei finds out about Sansa, the High Sparrow (and Margery) is about to mess up her plans. She won't have time to deal with Sansa and LF. She will be too busy trying to retain her hold on Tommen and deal with the Sparrows.

Plus Tommen and Margery both like Sansa, Marg may tell Tommen that Sansa had nothing to do with his brother's murder - that it was all his uncle's fault.

Even if Cersei finds out about Sansa, the High Sparrow (and Margery) is about to mess up her plans. She won't have time to deal with Sansa and LF. She will be too busy trying to retain her hold on Tommen and deal with the Sparrows.

Plus Tommen and Margery both like Sansa, Marg may tell Tommen that Sansa had nothing to do with his brother's murder - that it was all his uncle's fault.

Even if that is the case, still there is no reason to let anyone annul Sansa's marriage from Cersei's POV. So, the only possibility is that LF will reveal Sansa-Ramsay marriage to Cersei but claim that he found a random girl from his brothels to impersonate Sansa. He will convince Cersei that a fake and exonerated Sansa is necessary to solidify the Bolton rule in the North against Stannis.

:agree:

I also suspect show LF knows about Ramsay and doesn't care one way or the other about Sansa.

Well after all we are talking about the guy who sold Ros to Joff so she could be used as target practice... And we know he's done something similar before, he told Ros so.

I guess this is LF's modus operandi, make the girls feel a little special, like they're his confidantes... And sell them to the highest bidder.

Well after all we are talking about the guy who sold Ros to Joff so she could be used as target practice... And we know he's done something similar before, he told Ros so.

I guess this is LF's modus operandi, make the girls feel a little special, like they're his confidantes... And sell them to the highest bidder.

unless it plays out differently than it appears. Sansa may feel like she was just another sold prostitute that got a fance pep talk before meeting her client. I do not see Sansa and Littlefinger ever having a happy reunion if they meet again at all.

When all is said and done, though, don't you think that Littlefinger, who obviously has a long memory for things, will never forgive Roose Bolton for taking part in the murder of Cat? I want to think he has a plan to bring down the Boltons here, with the idea of eventually being the hero, of course.

I doubt he really gives a snot to be honest. Like, everyone and everything is a piece to be moved. Cat was a piece to be moved for him but he was never allowed to touch it.

I feel like its Sansa that should bring down the Boltons. If she does, it may be forgivable to put her in this horrible situation.

LF always has an out - this is well played and smart.

No, he doesn't. He pushed Lysa out the Moon Door and then was left gaping like a stupid Magikarp until Sansa saved his ass with a masterclass in acting.

And this deal gets him nothing. If the Boltons win, he can kiss Sansa goodbye. If Stannis wins, he can kiss Sansa and his head goodbye (unless D&D forget/ignore that Littlefinger has been constantly scheming against Stannis since season 1).

The only way he can win is if the Boltons and Stannis destroy/weaken each other, and then something like the Grand Northern Conspiracy or whatever comes in and hands Winterfell to Sansa and name her Queen in the North. But that's a huge, huge gamble, and we have nothing close to the GNC or even random northern lords in the show.

He doesn't care about Sansa. Power comes first. I believe that's true of the book as well. I see people say that he "saved" Sansa. No, saving is something that's altruistic. If he wanted to save her could've done that ages ago. If he cared about Sansa or Cat he wouldn't have done half the things he did.

Obsession is not love.

And I won't be surprised if LF runs into Brienne and Pod and takes them up on the protecting Sansa offer as well.

For various reasons, I'm pretty sure Brienne will somehow get to and kill Stannis... since she is going to Winterfell and wants revenge for Renly and Stannis is marching on WF as well.

How is giving Sansa to the Boltons getting himself more power? How is giving Sweetrobin to the Royces getting himself more power?

I agree. Hanging on to the eldest daughter from the safety of the Vale made his hold on the Vale stronger, and would allow him to get the support of the North too. Giving her up to Roose makes the Lannisters upset with him him, ruining his ties/strength in the south, plus he loses his hold on the Stark with the most claim of the north (that they know of to be alive, anyway), and a variety of other issues that come from losing control of her to Roose.

Sending her north seems like a giant mistake, but like someone else said in another thread (show rating thread I think), by making the other characters perceive that it was a good idea to do this legitimizes his decision for the show writers. I think there was no reason for Roose not to hold Baelish hostage, since his power is all perceived by even Roose himself. He doesn't REALLY have any claim to the Vale, Robin does. And he's only strong with his connections in the south when the Lannisters support him (and when he supports them). He just burned that bridge, most likely.

It all seems rather sloppy to me. But I'm sure they'll work it all out and make it somewhat believable. Who knows what direction they are heading. Should be interesting.

I agree. Hanging on to the eldest daughter from the safety of the Vale made his hold on the Vale stronger, and would allow him to get the support of the North too. Giving her up to Roose makes the Lannisters upset with him him, ruining his ties/strength in the south, plus he loses his hold on the Stark with the most claim of the north (that they know of to be alive, anyway), and a variety of other issues that come from losing control of her to Roose.

Sending her north seems like a giant mistake, but like someone else said in another thread (show rating thread I think), by making the other characters perceive that it was a good idea to do this legitimizes his decision for the show writers. I think there was no reason for Roose not to hold Baelish hostage, since his power is all perceived by even Roose himself. He doesn't REALLY have any claim to the Vale, Robin does. And he's only strong with his connections in the south when the Lannisters support him (and when he supports them). He just burned that bridge, most likely.

It all seems rather sloppy to me. But I'm sure they'll work it all out and make it somewhat believable. Who knows what direction they are heading. Should be interesting.

If there is one thing or two that I am 100% sure Littlefinger does not know, it is that Rickon Stark and his older brother Bran is alive and if and when they are brought back into the world of Westeros for all to see, he loses Sansa and a lot of his dreams and aspirations.

Archived