Did Ashara Dayne really jump?

Ciarzard27

So we all know it's hard for people to believe Ned has a bastard because of his honor but what if he did something even less honorable to keep Lyanna's secret? What if Ashara really did love him and knew the bastard child couldn't be his? What if the only way to secure the secret she figured out was to have her killed and make it look like she jumped?

If she did jump, I don't believe it was just because of the loss of her baby. It had been about half a year by then. Although I guess she could have still been depressed over it and the loss of her brother, and her friend Elia pushed her over the edge.

The other question would be, if she didn't jump, why fake her death? Why not simply disappear, or say she was going to the free cities on vacation to get over her loses?

Septa lemore is probably wenda the white fawn, a member of the kingswood brotherhood.

I hadn't heard of that before. I wonder on what basis you think it.

She didn't jump. She wasn't pushed. She isn't dead.

She just started hanging out with Jon Connington, in a septa's outfit.

It's normally accepted that Ashara was younger than Lemore.

We could infere that Lemore is a lady. We could also that Dorne's people is more prone to revenge than suicide. So...

JC is on Rhaegar's side, as the Dayne's were. Probably Whents and Hightowers too. The three guards supposed to be with Lyanna Stark had sisters. It seems a good thread to follow, but it leaves me guessing.

AD should have a strong reason to commit suicide. For instance, the corpse passed as Aegon's was her son's.

Otoh, if she didn't commit suicide, she should have a strong reason to fake it. For instance, she fled with Aegon.

It has to be conceded that this storyline is well build. Almost any outcome is open. I think she faked it all and fled with Aegon to Ashai, with the help of Marwin, but it's hardy more than a mere guess.

I doubt that she jumped. Her supposed end is questionable when you consider that her body was never found. Why write is that way if you simply want it accepted that she died? Of course I have no idea what happened to her if she is alive other than to say that she will probably turn up later in the books, or we will at least learn what happened to her.

I think it is more probable than not that she did jump. Not everything is a conspiracy. I think it is likely that Ned and Asharra planned to marry and that is why Ned was so angry when Catylen brought up her name as she was his lost love. Imagine the man you love and (probably) father of your child (not a bastard if they eventually got married.) comes to your house, tells you he killed your brother who was guarding your best friend and refused to yield after you told your lover where to find his sister who was your good friend and the lover of your other good friend (Rhaegar who is also dead) and oh btw your best friend is also dead here is her and Rhaegar's child and the last Targaryen who he will take home to raise in secret and oh also I got married and can't be with you and your child will be a bastard.

Recap

Dead brother (Ser Arther)

dead friend (Lyanna)

other dead friend (Rhaegar)

She probably told Ned (her love) where to find Lyanna thinking Arther would surrender as the war was over and Rhaegar and Arrys was dead

She's had a child with either Ned or the dead Brandon and Ned is now married and whether Brandon was the father or not I think Ned loved Asharra

Ned cannot marry her legitimizing the child so it will be a bastard and she will be tainted

Ned her love killed Arther her brother who she was close to on her information

Her child may or may not have been stillborn

I might jump out of a tower too.

Secondary theory: I think Ned is the father of Asharra's bastard. I think that bastard DAUGHTER survived and she is Allyria Dayne who was betrothed to Beric Dondarrion. I believe that Lord Dayne and Lady Dayne (Asharra's parents) were heart broken at their daughter and son's deaths and they didn't want the only piece of their daughter to grow up a bastard so they claimed her as their own and raised her as their youngest daughter. She and Beric are not yet married implying she was young in 298 AC when Beric went to court. I think she is said to be 16 or 17 which would put her birth in 282 a year after the year of the false spring and the tourney at Harrenhal. Everyone knew Asharra had been pregnant so House Dayne spread that she gave birth to a stillborn son and right about the same time Lady Dayne "birthed" a daughter Allyria."

This type of thing happens a lot. Jack Nicholson found out that the woman he thought was his sister was his mom and his mom his grandmother.

I think she killed herself (jumped).

Her brother Arthur died .

Her friend Elia and her innocent children died horrible deaths.

Her baby died.

She lost Ned to marriage

She watched the father and brother of Ned die horrible deaths.

I don't think the cause of her suicide can be pinned on one thing but several things.

I don't think she jumped. Her body was never recovered, and I doubt her brother would have wasted any time sending men down to the water to recover her body. It wouldn't have gotten far by the time they got down there. Besides, the general rule is no confirmed body, no death.

I personally think she is HR's wife.

Archived