The Most Insignificant Character in ASOIAF

DMC

I've always thought Jalabhar Xho was pretty insignificant. He just seems to be some exiled dude that gets free eats and treated well (until Cersei decided he was to be named a lover of Margaery).

He doesn't seem any more than he is.

I like this one, no one is ever making theories about good old Jalabhar.

Also, in line with the OP question in regards to insignificant character on the forums, that has a substantial role in the books, I'm thinking queen Selyse as well. She is the rightful queen of Westeros but except for future sacrificing of Shireen, which is more Mel then Selyse, I rarely see any comments and theories around her.

Also, in line with the OP question in regards to insignificant character on the forums, that has a substantial role in the books, I'm thinking queen Selyse as well. She is the rightful queen of Westeros but except for future sacrificing of Shireen, which is more Mel then Selyse, I rarely see any comments and theories around her.

She is what Cersei would be like without looks, or any power of the Iron Throne.She is a snob like Cersei, as controlling as Cersei, and is in a unhappy marriage.She is also obsess with fire like Cersei(both seem to enjoy burnings). There sole living heirs are good kids who didn't adapt any of their mom's personality.

Penny was with Tysha (the sailor's wife) and LF brought her from his brothel in Bravoos to KL to frame Tyrion for the PW. Whores go to pimps, and LF is the biggest pimp of all. Eventually LF will bring Tysha back or something along those lines as proof that the marriage to Sansa is null/void so he can try and take the North via her.

Nice effort! Actually started googling for previous threads on these characters to check and there is one from two years ago speculating Penny will be the one to tell Tyrion that Tysha is the sailor's wife.

I like this one, no one is ever making theories about good old Jalabhar.

Jalabhar is a good one. Previous threads include being one of the Band of Nine and the head of Robert Strong (which ironically supports his insignificance).

Selyse....yeah. I guess I always just sorta tie her up with Shireen and Patchface. Seems like no one gives a shit about Selyse - both within the books and here. Did find a thread speculating she was part of For the Watch, but I'd hardly call that a theory.

There are 100's, the one standing out right now is Weasel

Of the major ones we've seen, I think Edric is the until now at least the most insignificant.

Of the minor characters and such, there are far too many.

This is why I included a 'substantive role' standard in the OP. While that is obviously arbitrary, I think the distinction between Penny or Selyse (both with significant roles in multiple chapters of at least ADWD) and Weasel (who I don't think says a single word in the books) is pretty clear. Otherwise, yes, there are hundreds. Hell, if you count the appendices, there may be 1000s.

Now Jalabhar is a more difficult case. I tend to classify him as 'substantive' due to his role in the Cersei/Margaery plot and the fact he's literally been in KL the entire series, but that's certainly arguable.

Cleos Frey had a purpose but it wasn't much, really. The Realm is a lot like the Island from Lost: once you've done what you've had to do to serve the story, you die.

Podrick seems to be ignored on the forums despite being in all five books. I even tried shipping him with Arya and got no takers, or even a response.

Thought she was gonna kill him on the show. That would have been such a good fanfiction-y fight scene: Arya vs. Pod :lol:.

Archived