The Most Insignificant Character in ASOIAF

DMC

Too many to name. The most insignificant POV character, in my view, is Arys Oakheart.

he is in the books to show how even honorable knights have trouble with following their vows(he didn't want to hit Sansa, he protested but was still order to but he hit her lightly as he could. Even Sansa like him over the others Kingsguard). The most useless charactors are two third of House Frey.

he is in the books to show how even honorable knights have trouble with following their vows(he didn't want to hit Sansa, he protested but was still order to but he hit her lightly as he could. Even Sansa like him over the others Kingsguard). The most useless charactors are two third of House Frey.

We didn't need a PoV to show that. Completely pointless POV as far as i'm concerned.

Podrick Payne

Meera Reed

Lancel Lannister

All three are invisible on the forums despite being major presences in multiple books. I think Pod still has a role to play, Meera's role may have been to get Bran to Bloodraven, and I don't know about Lancel, now that he's a religious fanatic.

Ilyn Payne. He killed Ned and became Jaime's confidant, going on journeys with him for quite a while. Still invisible on the forums.

Also, Bran. He gets some discussion, sure. But he's a surprisingly rare topic despite being arguably the most important character.

Podrick Payne

Meera Reed

Lancel Lannister

All three are invisible on the forums despite being major presences in multiple books. I think Pod still has a role to play, Meera's role may have been to get Bran to Bloodraven, and I don't know about Lancel, now that he's a religious fanatic.

Podrick Payne

Meera Reed

Lancel Lannister

I've seen at least a few theories that Meera is Jon's twin.

Lancel is often presumed to be the champion of the faith for Cersei's trial.

Pod has his fans, but yeah no theories for Ser My Lady.

Also, Bran. He gets some discussion, sure. But he's a surprisingly rare topic despite being arguably the most important character.

Agreed. To me, Bran is the big hole in the mainstream theories of how the series will end - noone has come up with a satisfactory part for him to play in the end game. I just think he's destined for something more than warging into a dragon.

Out of the characters who are likely to play a very large role in the big story (basically the Starks, Lannisters, Targs, and a few others), it's Bran and Sam to me.

If setttings can be characters, then for me it would be all of Essos but Braavos.

Just because you personally don't care for something doesn't make it insignificant. Hell, I can't think of a single thing in all 5 books that is more significant than Daenerys hatching her dragons in Essos.

I've been thinking about how this forum is prodigious at generating theories for ancillary characters, such as Missandei as a Faceless Girl, Tatters as Aerion's Son, and the dreaded Daario/Euron. Combined with a recent thread hating on Daven Lannister of all people, I began to wonder which character is the least discussed on these boards. My pick? Penny. I don't think I've ever seen Penny's character discussed on here. I'm certainly not complaining, but I would love it if I'm wrong. Are there any theories on Penny? If not, my challenge to you crazies is to come up with one!

Anyway, thoughts on your most insignificant character? I guess my criteria here is try to think of the least mentioned one on these forums. My only other standard would be someone with at least a substantive role in the books, not, say, Ravella Swann or Arianne's conspirators.

I've heard that Penny is an spy sent by Littlefinger to keep an eye on Tyrion.

Most insignificant is the stableboy that Arya stabbed in King's Landing.

Archived