moderators, and what makes them tick.

As someone who has been a mod elsewhere, it's mostly a combination of masocism and a desire to preserve the community they enjoy as they see it. There are the odd people who enjoy petty power, sure, or those who are very enthusiastic about some personal pet issues, but they tend to be the minority.

Mods are generally much more zealous early on/in bursts, and off camera mod discussions usually are more about damage control and 'tone' and division of responsibility. Burnout is HUGE.

It's a thankless fucking job, for the most part, and they pretty much all know it.

It's a thankless fucking job, for the most part, and they pretty much all know it.

I'd like to take this opportunity, then, to thank each and every one of the mods on this forum for all of their good work.

And now they all know just how little being thanked is worth, too.

The veils are really dropping.

Surprised this thread isn't already locked down. They must be slipping - which is a mistake on their part, as it shows weakness.

If this keeps up there will be open mutiny here shortly -- and the social order as they see it will cease.

Some moderators are just big old picky grumpypants, but on this board in particular, most of them are absolutely nothing like rejected hall monitors. We've got a good bunch here.

Yeah I get the feeling they're a lot more like reluctant hall monitors, preemptively irritated with each and every dimwitted asshole that makes moderation necessary.

a thousand thankyous :bowdown: :bang:

Loves The Small Faces, hated Brian Jones and Rod.Stewart. that's all I have to say about mods.

Muhahahahaha - I missed this and it's so awesome.

I feel like Rod Stewart got more credit than he deserved. Ronnie Wood is undervalued.

Archived