[Book and Show Spoilers] Things looking better for Stannis after tonight

None of this is right except for the last sentence. I don't know where you got any of the other stuff. Good imagination I guess.

Notice the book spoiler in the header? In the book Stannis tells Davos explicitly that he had a dream where he killed Renly on the same night that his followers killed him. The book explicitly states that he does not know anything about the shadow killing Renly. If you want to disagree with someone fine but don't cloak your ignorance in sarcasm.

I disagree with this "For starters things aren't going good for him now which following the GOT formula means things will probably work out for him. ".

That's not always true. Just like the Red Wedding, there were hints that it was going to happen. Just like Stannis' army dwindling/dying in the cold are hints of him losing.

As far as Shireen's burning, if the show even has a flame close to her, I'm not watching....

Stannis will find another way. [Enter Mountain Clans, Mormounts, Umbers]

Well, Rickon was supposedly going to the Last Hearth, and the Greatjon is a free man on the show (although he vanished after season 1 and I doubt they will bring the actor back). Some northern houses could be secretly rallying to Rickon.

There's also the Blackfish. He was mentioned on that chat between Roose and Walder after the RW as having escaped. Could be nothing, or could be an indicative he will show up at some point. It did sound like foreshadowing.

But I do believe there will be more parties than the ones already involved when we get to the battle for Winterfell.

I doubt there will be any further party involved in the battle.

There has been no build-up whatsoever of any Northern families, or Mountain clans, or whatever, so it would really feel like a Deus Ex Machina if another army were to show up.

- Jon rides to help stannis after the pink letter written by sansa. Both stannis and jon die in the battle. they bring back their bodies.
- mel and selyse gang up together to sacrifice shereen. and resurrect Stannis ( davos dies trying to stop this )
- instead they resurrect Jon ( cause i dont think the red priests have control over who they want to resurrect ) i could be wrong
- after which you get the scene of selyse on the floor. she probably commits suicide after that.
- every one rallies behind jon.
- jon saves winterfel.

OR Stannis shows what a bad ass he really is and actually wins the fight all on his own tactical strengths ..but then that would make
all this talk about shereen being sacrificed is a complete waste of time. so its highly unlikely.

Stannis is a dead man walking after he started listening to the red woman. It will be his own undoing. such a pitty cause he is actually the real king and the best king as well.

and Stannis most likely will die to briene on the battlefield.
brinene will lose her patience and do something stupid like trying to get sansa out. she will get caught
ramsey captures her, and he realises she is a great fighter and it so happens they are at war.
briene learns that stannis is attacking, she will ask ramsey to let her fight and kill stannis
long story short briene will screw everything up, as she always does through out the whole series.

Stannis saw a king with a burning crown on his head killing him:

I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning... burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?”

Stannis is as good as dead.

- Jon rides to help stannis after the pink letter written by sansa. Both stannis and jon die in the battle. they bring back their bodies.

- mel and selyse gang up together to sacrifice shereen. and resurrect Stannis ( davos dies trying to stop this )

- instead they resurrect Jon ( cause i dont think the red priests have control over who they want to resurrect ) i could be wrong

- after which you get the scene of selyse on the floor. she probably commits suicide after that.

- every one rallies behind jon.

- jon saves winterfel.

OR Stannis shows what a bad ass he really is and actually wins the fight all on his own tactical strengths ..but then that would make

all this talk about shereen being sacrificed is a complete waste of time. so its highly unlikely.

Stannis is a dead man walking after he started listening to the red woman. It will be his own undoing. such a pitty cause he is actually the real king and the best king as well.

and Stannis most likely will die to briene on the battlefield.

brinene will lose her patience and do something stupid like trying to get sansa out. she will get caught

ramsey captures her, and he realises she is a great fighter and it so happens they are at war.

briene learns that stannis is attacking, she will ask ramsey to let her fight and kill stannis

long story short briene will screw everything up, as she always does through out the whole series.

I'm not sure there's time for Jon to go to Hardhome, get all the way back, then get all the way to Stannis in 3 episodes. Everything is pointing to "For the Watch" going down.

I doubt there will be any further party involved in the battle.

There has been no build-up whatsoever of any Northern families, or Mountain clans, or whatever, so it would really feel like a Deus Ex Machina if another army were to show up.

The only thing I'd offer as a counter to this is the repeated mentioning of "The North Remembers". Did that whole thing really end with one elderly woman being killed? It's going to feel so pointless if that's the extent of Northern loyalty that we see.

I'm a big fan of Stannis but I do agree that he will meet his end. However, there is a passage from a Daenerys vision where a blue eyed king is on fire or something and I've always interpreted that as Stannis meeting his end by dragon fire. It is fitting because the fake Azor Ahai reborn meets the real Azor Ahai reborn.

Wouldn't that maybe be a vision of Viserys?

Maybe. But why say he knows what that means? I suppose Mel got it wrong, but it's most likely something that's happening in the future.

Wouldn't that mean Dany will kill him? Being the "dragon mother" and flames? So that means he will get out of the north

That could be it. But it could also be Stannis being burned by Ramsay. It's the kind of thing Ramsay would do since I'm sure he would've heard about Stannis execution style. Or it could be Mel sacrificing Stannis after she turns to Jon or Dany.

But I don't think he'll get out of the North. If he does face Dany it will be at the Wall. I personally do not believe his destiny is to reach King's Landing.

I just don't think people should suddenly get upset at D+D if they kill him.

It would certainly be upping the ante after Sansa's rape.

It does remind me of the buildup to Sansa's rape. There were posters (like myself) who held out some desperate hope that the writers would contrive to not let her get the Jeyne treatment. Now people are hoping that Davos will save Shireen, or that Selyse will be the one burned, or...you get the point. Anything so that something that horrible doesn't happen to poor Shireen. But the writers are not afraid to go there it seems, and neither is GRRM for that matter.

And I suspect now, in hindsight, this is the reason they made Selyse a crazy lady who hates her own daughter in the show. So that it would be plausible that she would give Shireen up to Mel for the ritual when Stannis would not.

Archived